Ezekiel Elliott Thread: Should we Buy or Sell?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Ezekiel Elliott may not be worth the price

Postby Packerland » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:19 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:14 pm
Packerland wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:08 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:03 pm Not to mention he just got paid and doesnt seem to take care of himself in the offseason, and there almost always seems to be something going on with him not related to football. Just not a guy I would want to hold. Would way rather take Mixon/Jacobs/Sanders +
Yea, he usually looks out of shape coming into the year, last year he was "working out" in Mexico while holding out but looked out of shape. Just curious because I have Zeke, what would you want added to Jacobs or Sanders to move Zeke?
And yet he's never missed a game or really even been in danger of it due to injury, despite one of the heavier workloads in the league. His "conditioning" is a complete non-factor for me, he's a throwback workhorse and probably the single most reliable RB in the league.

As for the question on selling Zeke for Jacobs or Sanders, both would be pretty different for me. Zeke is RB3 overall for me and Jacobs is RB5, whereas Sanders is probably just outside my top 10. I would probably still want a mid 1st on top of Jacobs, and probably and early 1st plus an early 2nd on top of Sanders, something in that range.
Appreciate your advice, I also have him ranked pretty high but just wanted to see what people thought his value is at this time. I consider him RB 3 or 4 as well but last year someone traded 3 first round picks and Juju for Saquon so made me wonder what I could as for Zeke if I wanted to trade him.
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:30 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:14 pm
Packerland wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:08 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:03 pm Not to mention he just got paid and doesnt seem to take care of himself in the offseason, and there almost always seems to be something going on with him not related to football. Just not a guy I would want to hold. Would way rather take Mixon/Jacobs/Sanders +
Yea, he usually looks out of shape coming into the year, last year he was "working out" in Mexico while holding out but looked out of shape. Just curious because I have Zeke, what would you want added to Jacobs or Sanders to move Zeke?
And yet he's never missed a game or really even been in danger of it due to injury, despite one of the heavier workloads in the league. His "conditioning" is a complete non-factor for me, he's a throwback workhorse and probably the single most reliable RB in the league.

As for the question on selling Zeke for Jacobs or Sanders, both would be pretty different for me. Zeke is RB3 overall for me and Jacobs is RB5, whereas Sanders is probably just outside my top 10. I would probably still want a mid 1st on top of Jacobs, and probably and early 1st plus an early 2nd on top of Sanders, something in that range.
This is pretty much where I’m at with Zeke. I was actually recently offered Jacobs + 2021 1st(probably late) for Zeke + 2021 2nd and declined. I can understand some owners wanting to sell because his value won’t get any higher but I wouldn’t give any discounts.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:30 pm

Big Zeke fan, though you probably couldn't tell considering the fact that I started this thread with a different tone. Obviously I was wrong and getting too paranoid. I'm a buyer, though I understand those that want to cash out for peak value. I still think he's got at least three RB1 years in him. Less confident in stud production in his later 20s, but that's just all RBs.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:00 pm

I think Zeke is going to be a highly productive fantasy RB through his 20's and probably still decent in his early 30's, barring a major injury or off-field issue. Obviously he'll start to tail off a bit in his later 20's and likely won't be the stud high end RB1, but will still produce borderline RB1-RB2 numbers.

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:55 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:00 pm I think Zeke is going to be a highly productive fantasy RB through his 20's and probably still decent in his early 30's, barring a major injury or off-field issue. Obviously he'll start to tail off a bit in his later 20's and likely won't be the stud high end RB1, but will still produce borderline RB1-RB2 numbers.
Agree here, and with the above poster that he’s about as rock solid as it gets.

I think the catch is, once that inevitable decline starts, you will never sniff this current value, obviously.

If you’re on a competing window, Zeke is absolute gold imo. If you’re not a top team I do consider this a decent time to cash out, I’d you can get an offer like the one earlier in this thread for Barkley.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:13 pm

Just bought Zeke in a 1 qb league for Goff, Guice, 1.06. Pretty happy with that price.

I actually traded Godd ana Guice for 1.03, then 1.03 and 1.06 to the same owner for Zeke.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:45 pm

Johnny B. Goode wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:13 pm Just bought Zeke in a 1 qb league for Goff, Guice, 1.06. Pretty happy with that price.

I actually traded Godd ana Guice for 1.03, then 1.03 and 1.06 to the same owner for Zeke.
I'd say both are good deals, but what the heck is that guy doing trading away the 1.03 for Goff and Guice?

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:29 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:45 pm
Johnny B. Goode wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:13 pm Just bought Zeke in a 1 qb league for Goff, Guice, 1.06. Pretty happy with that price.

I'd say both are good deals, but what the heck is that guy doing trading away the 1.03 for Goff and Guice?
You found your "Golden Goose" keep the relationship good with that guy and continue to milk him for those good deals.
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:30 pm

honcho55 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:55 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:00 pm I think Zeke is going to be a highly productive fantasy RB through his 20's and probably still decent in his early 30's, barring a major injury or off-field issue. Obviously he'll start to tail off a bit in his later 20's and likely won't be the stud high end RB1, but will still produce borderline RB1-RB2 numbers.

I think the catch is, once that inevitable decline starts, you will never sniff this current value, obviously.

If you’re on a competing window, Zeke is absolute gold imo. If you’re not a top team I do consider this a decent time to cash out, I’d you can get an offer like the one earlier in this thread for Barkley.
I hear what all of you are saying, and get your not worries About Zeke as a player.
But what about the situation he is in. The defense that has lost quit alot this FA, and hos best buddy on the O-line has retired.

Is that not a concern ? Or just on the same level as his off-season out-of-shapeness
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:10 am

ravn88 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:30 pm
honcho55 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:55 pm

I hear what all of you are saying, and get your not worries About Zeke as a player.
But what about the situation he is in. The defense that has lost quit alot this FA, and hos best buddy on the O-line has retired.

Is that not a concern ? Or just on the same level as his off-season out-of-shapeness
Losing Frederick certainly wasn't ideal, but he was fine without him in 2018, and the Cowboys are likely to address the position in the draft. They have had some loses in D, but they've also made some good additions so I think they'll be fine, also they should have LVE this year after he missed nearly all of last year.

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:11 am

Phaded wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:10 pm I cashed out on him for Gronk & McCoy.
L.
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, AR, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jamo, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:44 am

I'm leaning towards offering him up to a guy that has 1.1 & 1.4, but I don't know if he'd bite. There's also a guy that has 1.5, 1.6, and 1.8, but again I don't think he'd bite on it either. Those are max values that I'd try for, but anything less (picks only wise) I wouldn't really entertain. That's just rookie fever setting in where I'd like to get max value for Zeke and hopefully strengthen my WR core with the mid 1sts.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:37 am

Packerland wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:29 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:45 pm

You found your "Golden Goose" keep the relationship good with that guy and continue to milk him for those good deals.
Shoot, if this is a long standing league, I'd throw that guy a bone. In my 20 year league, I had a couple owners who wouldn't trade with me after seeing multiple trades go in my favor after it all shook out (I'm not a "always win the trade" guy, I just was right on guys I was targeting blowing up). I went out of my way to give them decent value on a guy they wanted, and it's done wonders to keep the trade channels flowing.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:39 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:44 am I'm leaning towards offering him up to a guy that has 1.1 & 1.4, but I don't know if he'd bite. There's also a guy that has 1.5, 1.6, and 1.8, but again I don't think he'd bite on it either. Those are max values that I'd try for, but anything less (picks only wise) I wouldn't really entertain. That's just rookie fever setting in where I'd like to get max value for Zeke and hopefully strengthen my WR core with the mid 1sts.
I tried Zeke and 15 for 1&5 this year and got shot down. I think most are seeing Taylor as a Zeke-like talent, and not willing to add much to 1.01.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Zeke Should we buy or sell

Postby joeya2001 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:37 pm

It might have to do with the line dying, the defense keying on the run because the QB's currently are bad, he was producing with Dak, or maybe hes breaking down due to the high volume he has gotten over his college and professional career.

What are your thoughts?

Would you be buying or are you trying to sell?
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh