Worried about Parker?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
xNiCkBx
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Worried about Parker?

Postby xNiCkBx » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:52 pm

Just parted ways with Parker and with the recent news regarding him I am glad I did....
Team 1: 12 Team PPR

QBs - Deshaun Watson, Dak Prescott
RBS - Nick Chubb, Devin Singletary, Giovani Bernard, Justin Jackson, Darrell Henderson
WRs - DeAndre Hopkins, T.Y. Hilton, DJ Moore, Christian Kirk, Zach Pascal, Russell Gage, Antonio Brown
TEs - Hunter Henry, Mike Gesicki, Delanie Walker
DST - Buffalo
K - Will Lutz

Team 2: 12 Team PPR IDP

QBs - Deshaun Watson, Derek Carr, Dwayne Haskins
RBs - Ezekiel Elliot, James Conner, Devin Singletary, Benny Snell, Zack Moss, Anthony McFarland, Bryce Love
WRs - Odell Beckham Jr, Stefon Diggs, Tyler Locket, Tyrell Williams, Breshard Perriman, Kenny Stills
TEs - Rob Gronkowski, Tyler Higbee, T.J. Hockenson
K - Justin Tucker
DE - Chase Young, Josh Allen, JJ Watt
LB - Darius Leonard, Tremaine Edmunds, Eric Kendricks
S - Von Bell, Johnathan Abram, Jeremy Chinn

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:59 pm

ebsteelers wrote:i'll worry when the bullets are flying in the regular season and hes doing nothing
Good point. I think there would be concern if he had reports coming out of camp in the DGB-mold.

It shouldn't matter if he's not tearing it up in preseason. Does anyone remember Allen Robinson's preseason last year? What about Odell Beckham's? Last year's RB1, Devonta Freeman, didn't even play because of injury. Preseason is a walkthrough of a movie before the cameras start rolling yet some treat it like it means something more. There's no correlation.

Let's see what Parker does when the lights actually turn on.

The Fantasy Feud
MVP
MVP

Postby The Fantasy Feud » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:08 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
ebsteelers wrote:i'll worry when the bullets are flying in the regular season and hes doing nothing
Good point. I think there would be concern if he had reports coming out of camp in the DGB-mold.

It shouldn't matter if he's not tearing it up in preseason. Does anyone remember Allen Robinson's preseason last year? What about Odell Beckham's? Last year's RB1, Devonta Freeman, didn't even play because of injury. Preseason is a walkthrough of a movie before the cameras start rolling yet some treat it like it means something more. There's no correlation.

Let's see what Parker does when the lights actually turn on.
People only remember these guys and how they barely played when it's convenient for them.
Hosts of The Fantasy Feud - Fantasy Football Podcast

https://linktr.ee/thefantasyfeud

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:12 pm

Can't quite wrap my head around the numbers of > that were used in the Kevin White >D.Parker statement. How does one explain that? Based on what hard evidence?

Too many expect high end results too soon. Parker has a high ceiling. Heck, White still has a high ceiling and is only about 6 months older. The fact White sat his whole rookie campaign due to injury, and we saw only a tease from Parker, only muddys the water. I can admit that. Anyway, Parker's young, is 23 and learning the nuances of the NFL game, and for much of his time thus far, has been dealing with nagging injuries. He has flashed game breaking play ability at the NFL level, has shown good hands, red zone size, and aggressive "my ball" style of play. His value has and should have increased from where he was drafted, but not as much as it did. That was typical knee jerk, group think guys with too wishful of thinking that pushed the value too high too quick. I view him as a high upside wait and see wr rather than a short term investment I can flip for profit. I drafted him ay 1.07 in one league and moved Calvin for him in another...

We haven't seen near enough from Kevin White to say he should be valued over Parker. Simple as that.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TomBobAnderson » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:21 am

JFever wrote:Can't quite wrap my head around the numbers of > that were used in the Kevin White >D.Parker statement. How does one explain that? Based on what hard evidence?

Too many expect high end results too soon. Parker has a high ceiling. Heck, White still has a high ceiling and is only about 6 months older. The fact White sat his whole rookie campaign due to injury, and we saw only a tease from Parker, only muddys the water. I can admit that. Anyway, Parker's young, is 23 and learning the nuances of the NFL game, and for much of his time thus far, has been dealing with nagging injuries. He has flashed game breaking play ability at the NFL level, has shown good hands, red zone size, and aggressive "my ball" style of play. His value has and should have increased from where he was drafted, but not as much as it did. That was typical knee jerk, group think guys with too wishful of thinking that pushed the value too high too quick. I view him as a high upside wait and see wr rather than a short term investment I can flip for profit. I drafted him ay 1.07 in one league and moved Calvin for him in another...

We haven't seen near enough from Kevin White to say he should be valued over Parker. Simple as that.
x2.... That 2014 class spoiled us

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:51 am

The 2014 class has skewed expectations a bit. Prior to that, WR were expected to take a few years to develop.

He needs to develop more of a route tree and perhaps better his conditioning for the pros, but I think he'll be fine. That said, I don't believe WR1 output was in the cards. I think he's more WR2 at peak value.

As someone who drafted him and tried to move him when his price was uber inflated but couldn't, he's a hold. If your team was needing him to start this year, you weren't a contender anyways.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:51 am

I was offered Parker for my Lockett (ppr + return yards) and while I did ponder it a bit in the end I decided to keep Lockett. While I do think Parker should be fine, I see the chance that he ends up being a bust more so than Lockett.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:11 am

slaughterrt wrote:I don't think he is trending downward but his value is low due to injuries. That being said, I think it's a bit optimistic to expect him to ever become a WR1.
That's because there is already a WR1 on his team that every seems to overlook despite his elite play.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:14 am

derekhiny wrote:The only people who feel like his value isn't dropping are Parker owners who just don't want to face it. And then there are all the Parker truthers out there as well, of course, whether they own him or not. He was never worth his EXTREMELY bloated ADP, priced like he was the next up and coming superstar. Fact is, he was at his peak value this offseason and had nowhere to go but down, because he never should have been there to begin with. I feel bad for all the people who drank the kool-aid and bought at those prices. I still like Parker as a prospect who needs more time to develop, but at the prices I've always had him as being worth. A fantasy ceiling of a WR2, most likely settling in as a WR3. Which obviously also meant I would never own him at this point of his career because nobody is selling him at those prices. But if they were, I'd buy for sure.
Of course he was worth a high pick and a high ADP - he was the 14th overall pick in the NFL draft and he dominated college after returning from his foot injury. I don't own any shares of him anymore, but I think there is still a lot left to his story and from a talent perspective he crushes Stills, so Stills shouldn't be a longterm obstacle.

Mefisto
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mefisto » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:17 am

HIs value has definitely slipped from where he was overhyped a couple months ago. Which, means he's probably being valued at about where he should be right now. I'm not yet worried about him as he is still very young and has plenty of time to turn it around.
12 Team Non-PPR league. 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1RB/WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 2DL/LB/DB
QB: Brady, Stafford, Mariota, Tannehill
RB: L. Miller, A. Collins, K. Drake, R. Freeman, K. Dixon, D. Foreman, D. Murray, J. Allen, Gore
WR: Hopkins, ARob, S. Diggs, D. Parker, M. Lee, J. Matthews, T. Lockett, D. Pettis, Callaway
TE: T. Kelce, E. Ebron, C. Brate
K: Bailey, Coons, Boswell
DL: D. Hunter, R. Quinn, D. Lawrence
LB: Von Miller, A. Ogletree, B. Wagner T. Edmunds
DB: H. Smith, J. Cyprien, L. Collins
2017 Superbowl Champion

10 Team PPR League. Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 1Superflex, 1Flex, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 3DFlex
QB: Luck, Goff, Trubisky, Prescott, Tannehill
RB: Gurley, Mixon, Barkley, D. Foreman
WR: Kupp, Cooper, C. Davis, Parker, T. Lockett, Kupp, W. Fuller, Sutton, John Brown, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Burton
DL: D. Lawrence, Ogunjobi, Ansah, M. Davenport
LB: L. Kuechly, T. Smith, Kiko Alonso, T. Edmunds, J. Smith, R. Foster
DB: Clinton-Dix, D. James, T. Edmunds, M. Jenkins

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:18 pm

there was a stat floating around rotoviz about players missing their 1st year and future success ..

Really does give you pause on White and Parker, the place I own Parker he's on a taxi squad and he can rot there or start playing. :P
@PlankMelody

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:28 pm

Plank wrote:there was a stat floating around rotoviz about players missing their 1st year and future success ..

Really does give you pause on White and Parker, the place I own Parker he's on a taxi squad and he can rot there or start playing. :P
Parker didn't miss rookie season though..

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:50 pm

JFever wrote:Can't quite wrap my head around the numbers of > that were used in the Kevin White >D.Parker statement. How does one explain that? Based on what hard evidence?

See I think that's where I disagree. In my opinion we've essentially seen nothing from both of these players. Again, a couple long TDs doesn't increase anyone's value in my mind. I certainly didn't see any of these game breaking abilities from Parker you're speaking of. In my mind both of these players have shown nothing. But I think White has the clearly superior situation and is just the overall better talent.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:27 pm

49ersFaithful80 wrote:

See I think that's where I disagree. In my opinion we've essentially seen nothing from both of these players. Again, a couple long TDs doesn't increase anyone's value in my mind. I certainly didn't see any of these game breaking abilities from Parker you're speaking of. In my mind both of these players have shown nothing. But I think White has the clearly superior situation and is just the overall better talent.
While I'd agree on White's talent comparatively, Parker averaged 4/74/.5 over the last six weeks. I rewatched the tape on his last six weeks. He won in multiple phases. It wasn't all deep balls. He still has a lot to work on in terms of routes and press, but I disagree that a full season of work and showing flashes of production is equivalent to sitting on the sidelines all season all year. Plus Parker is a year younger.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

derekhiny
Captain
Captain

Postby derekhiny » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:42 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote:
49ersFaithful80 wrote:

While I'd agree on White's talent comparatively, Parker averaged 4/74/.5 over the last six weeks. I rewatched the tape on his last six weeks. He won in multiple phases. It wasn't all deep balls. He still has a lot to work on in terms of routes and press, but I disagree that a full season of work and showing flashes of production is equivalent to sitting on the sidelines all season all year. Plus Parker is a year younger.
I agree Parker has shown more, if by nothing more than actually being on the field. White's value is bloated as well. We will disagree on the age thing tho. They're less than 7 months apart, so I fail to see any relevance there. Although I do find it funny how White gets crushed for his age by some. Meanwhile, many of those same people love Parker. 7 months must be 4 years in dynasty terms.
12 Team Full Point PPR / IDP

QB - A-Rod, Russ Wilson, Lamar Jax,
RB - Zeke, DJ, Ingram, J Howard, Penny, Ware
WR - Nuk, Julio, D Adams, Cooks, A Cooper, Kirk, E Sanders, Albert Wilson, Deon Cain, Brandon Powell, Lasley
TE - Kittle, Delanie, Goedert, Brate, Eifert, Shaheen
DE - Hunter, Melvin Ingram, JPP, Fowler, Nassib, Golden, Turay
LB - Keuchley, Telvin, Deion Jones, Fred Warner
DB - Bates, John Johnson, McDougald, Justin Reid, Geathers, R Harrison, Whitehead