Kenny Stills

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Kenny Stills

Postby ImaRounder » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:02 am

Watching that game last night looked like Kenny stills will be the second guy to own behind Jarvis Landry. Some of us have been talking up devante Parker all offseason and I must admit, I'm a little skeptical now. Kenny stills certainly looked better than devante last night. anyone else believe the same or am I paranoid?

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Kenny Stills

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:09 am

I wouldn't think anything of it. Parker is better than Stills, and it's just preseason.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:12 am

Cameron Giles wrote:I wouldn't think anything of it. Parker is better than Stills, and it's just preseason.
Ya that's what I was thinking. We've heard the Stills hype before. I doubt he gets the opportunity to jump over Parker. It is interesting to note the glut of WRs in Miami with Landry, Parker, Caroo, and possibly Stills who are all unfortunately receiving throws from Tannehill...
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:00 am

He is too boom or bust for me. Gase prob gives him a little bump in value, but that is it.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Litesout13
Captain
Captain

Postby Litesout13 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:47 am

I would assume its a battle between Stills and Carroo for the WR3 role
12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-Flex||Salary Cap=$65mil||My Salary: $61,483,329
QB: Ryan($6.53)-Smith($4.13)-Garoppolo($500k)
RB: Hyde($1.75)-D. Johnson($2.16)-Zeke($1.95)-White($500k)-Turbin($500)
WR: Julio ($8.25)-Thomas($8.18)-Edelman($4.64)-K. Benjamin($3.4)-Parker($1.5)-White($1.5)-Doctson($1.3)-Mitchell($650)
TE: Kelce($1.84)-Green($1.25)-Maxx Williams($500k)
2017: 1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5
2018: 1,2,2,3,4,4,5

12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-2WR-TE-2Flex
QB: R Wilson-Romo-RGIII-Wentz-Dak
RB: Zeke-Martin-Rawls-Hill-Starks-Perkins
WR: Julio-Parker-S Smith-T Williams-Cruz-Fuller
TE: Graham-Fleener-Hooper
2017: 1,2,3,4,5

12 Team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-2FLEX
QB:Rodgers-Tannehill-Wentz-Jimmy G
RB:Jones-JStew-Riddick-Henry-Drake-Sproles-Vereen-Collins
WR:Cooper-TY-Marshall-Snead-Cruz-Williams
TE:Kelce-Ertz-Clay

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:07 pm

I don't agree. I have been following Stills all offseason and he has consistently been the camp standout. In our perfect fantasy world, the newly drafted tall wide receiver perfectly assumes the role of stud WR and all is right in the world. However, Stills has shown he can play, is in a contract year, and was on Gase's radar before he arrived in Miami. I don't believe he will be a boom or bust player this season. Tannehill has consistently called his number this offseason and it is showing up in the preseason. I feel dirty for even saying this but I think Stills outproduces Parker this season. It is not the popular opinion but I feel like signs have been pointing to this since Gase joined Miami. We will see. Hope I am wrong for the sake of Parker fanatics.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

HawkeyeState
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby HawkeyeState » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:32 pm

People tried to say Still was gonna be fantasy gold when he was traded from the Saints to the Dolphins.
To think he's going to outperform Parker (barring health) is foolish and he's not going to outscore Landry.
Move along
Team 1
10 TM .5 PPR, 6 pt all TDs 1/2/3/1/2Flex
Newton, Rivers
LF, Chubb, Michel, Kerryon, Hyde, AJones, Royce F, Crowell
Adams, Cooper, Alshon, Watkins, ARob, Fuller, Doctson, Funchess, Gallup, Pettis, Valdez-Scant
Gronk, HHenry, Engram
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 2
10 TM 1/2/3/1/1Flex 6pt all TDs .25 PPR RB, .5 PPR WR, 1 PPR TE
Wilson, Big Ben
Bell, JConner, MMack, Shady, CThompson, D'Onta Foreman, C Edmonds, B Scarborough
Julio, Nuk, Fuller, Cooks, ARob, Watkins, Cooper, SShepard, CDavis, DJ Chark
Kelce, Olsen, Andrews
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 3
10 team, 0.5 PPR RBs WRs, 1 PPR TEs, Devy Superflex League
Carr, Goff, Falk
Barkley, Dalvin, Mixon, Michel, Ballage, MDavis, Dixon, Akers*
Hopkins, JuJu, Watkins, Fuller, Agholor, Moncrief, EQSB, Valdez-Scant, CRogers
Eifert, Ebron, JJames, JCook
1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 3.04

Played against David Johnson in HS, he was a stud back then too

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:33 pm

Crying Jordan wrote:I don't agree. I have been following Stills all offseason and he has consistently been the camp standout. In our perfect fantasy world, the newly drafted tall wide receiver perfectly assumes the role of stud WR and all is right in the world. However, Stills has shown he can play, is in a contract year, and was on Gase's radar before he arrived in Miami. I don't believe he will be a boom or bust player this season. Tannehill has consistently called his number this offseason and it is showing up in the preseason. I feel dirty for even saying this but I think Stills outproduces Parker this season. It is not the popular opinion but I feel like signs have been pointing to this since Gase joined Miami. We will see. Hope I am wrong for the sake of Parker fanatics.
Hope you're right because of the Parker fanatics
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:36 pm

I'm not going to go so far as to say Stills outperforms Parker, but I'm one of the few that still hold out hope for Stills. I think he'll improve on last year's numbers, and never underestimate a player's motivation in a contract season. I think he could be 700-800 yard WR this year with upside for more If Parker gets nicked up again. I'm not expecting Stills to be a weekly starter, but I'm hopeful that he'll have a solid season and recoup some of his value heading into FA next year.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:08 am

Stills is what he is. Talented and high ceiling from game to game, but low floor as well if he's not involved. I like him as a great bye week/injury fill in guy that you have no issues with starting because he could go off that week. Gotta have some of those guys on your team. Unless I get a decent offer (and nobody has wanted Stills for even a ham sammich the past couple years) I'll hold mainly looking to where he goes next year. In the meantime, great bye week guy.

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:01 pm

Sold my only share of Parker.

Alshon, Parker, 17 2nd

For

Julio and fleener

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:14 pm

ImaRounder wrote:Sold my only share of Parker.

Alshon, Parker, 17 2nd

For

Julio and fleener
Nice deal

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:34 pm

People were too quick to knock Landry down a peg, I think he's the WR1 there short term and long term - dude is tough as hell, works hard, and has the trust of his QB and is the type of player any QB would fall in love with. But the question about Stills, Parker, Caroo, Ajayi / Foster... It's hard to figure out how it's all going to shake out, but Parker was a first round pick so he's going to be given every opportunity to establish himself, Still will have nice games here and there (hopefully, God knows he's capable) but his erratic production will make him tough to start weekly.

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:05 pm

I'd be buying Stills right now, especially if you believe in his talent. This is the last year on his contract, and I doubt he could be signed to a more crowded depth chart. Even if he only has modest production this year, we will likely see his value rise next offseason.
The standard is the standard.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:51 pm

Very disappointing last year with Stills' production, yet, the silver lining here is that whole team was a disaster IMO. We all will truly see what Parker is this year should he stay healthy, the praise he's getting isn't worth the price to me.

Kenny is still young and unless he shows something this year, he's a goner but I like what I've seen and heard so far.