Rob Kelley

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Rob Kelley

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:09 am

Anything to see here? I play in a 16 man league so the waiver wire is usually picked pretty clean. I'm looking for gravel in the rough at this point. There's a pretty long highlight video of him on youtube and it appears he can do several things well, including pass protection and receiving. I don't see anything overly explosive about him, but he runs very smoothly and with power and doesn't shy away from contact. His highlight video portrays a guy that is playing with competition that is below his level so it's always tough to discern where his actual level of play falls. His pro day numbers weren't exciting, especially his vertical and long jump, but he does have decent size with 40 times that are Alfred Morris fast. Think Arian Foster smooth.

The Redskins RBs are a mess. I'm just looking for someone who can step up if/when Matt Jones loses the job. I'm hoping Marshall takes it, but I'm not overly optimistic either. Thompson is expected to take on the 3rd down role(until he gets hurt) I could see someone like Kelley with an all around skill set also being a plug in for a year. Long term? Probably not. I'm looking at a situation rather than talent and it does seem to be a deep sleeper opportunity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrndMLIop3s

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events ... 9fc3121b8a
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Re: Rob Kelley

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:14 pm

"Redskins UDFA RB Rob Kelley has begun cutting into Keith Marshall's reps with the second-team offense.
The Redskins weren't thrilled with Marshall's impatience behind the line of scrimmage in the preseason opener, a trait he's also exhibited on the practice field. Albeit against Atlanta's deep reserves, Kelley shined with 40 yards on seven carries and two catches for 13 yards. Kelley stands 5-foot-11, 226 and ran a 4.68 forty at Tulane's Pro Day. He is a Matt Asiata-caliber athlete. Aug 17 - 9:34 PM
Source: ESPN.com"

"Rob Kelley rushed three times for eight yards against the Jets Friday night.
The performance was nothing to write home about, but Kelley's place on the depth chart is the real story. Kelley worked ahead of seventh-round rookie Keith Marshall and took on a good chunk of the early-down work once Matt Jones left with an AC sprain. With Jones questionable for Week 1, Kelley is suddenly an interesting late-round option. Aug 19 - 9:50 PM"

Being new to dynasty and feeling like an elementary student on these forums, I have to celebrate while I can. Initiating this post several weeks ago has been my greatest forum moment. Yes, yes, I know Matt Jones will probably be back for week 1 or Kelley will stumble in a couple days or they will bring in a veteran. But for now, I'm celebrating just a small amount.

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:45 am

sounds pretty pedestrian but I went and grabbed him in several leagues as a bottom of the bench lotto ticket when jones was hurt last evening . Opportunity plus the fact that marshall was panned after last week's dismal showing and chris thompson not a 3 down guy with lengthy injury history tells me he is worth a shot until we can see if he is capable .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:00 am

clarion contrarion wrote:sounds pretty pedestrian but I went and grabbed him in several leagues as a bottom of the bench lotto ticket when jones was hurt last evening . Opportunity plus the fact that marshall was panned after last week's dismal showing and chris thompson not a 3 down guy with lengthy injury history tells me he is worth a shot until we can see if he is capable .
Agreed. I haven't seen anything from Kelley's tape that tells me he's a great talent, but we all know that opportunity can sometimes be much more important than talent when it comes to RB success (at least in the short term).

Even if Jones doesn't miss any games, he'll be going into the season dealing with an injury. This backfield isn't deep to begin with, and if Marshall's stock is dropping with the organization then this backfield is that much thinner. I've always been a Chris Thompson fan, but he's a 3rd down/pass catching back who's never been able to stay healthy either. I don't think it's a stretch to envision a scenario where he gets some opportunity this season.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Jakno7dnls
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Jakno7dnls » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:52 pm

Grabbed him as a late round 'dart through' pick in my rookie draft last week.

Rob Kelley - RB - Redskins
Redskins coach Jay Gruden says UDFA Rob Kelley will get "a lot" of first-team reps in Matt Jones' (shoulder) preseason absence.
Seventh-rounder Keith Marshall will get "some," according to the Washington Post. It's become crystal clear that Kelley has moved past Marshall on the depth chart, and will begin the season as Jones' primary handcuff. That makes him worth a last-round flier in re-draft leagues. Kelley has 10 carries for 48 yards and a touchdown through two preseason games.
12 team 40 man roster. Start: 1QB, 3RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 2DL, 2LB,4DB.

QB: Ben Roethlisberger, Philip Rivers, Jared Goff, Joe Flacco, AJ McCarron

RB: Todd Gurley, Gio Bernard, Mark Ingram, Lamar Miller, Mike Davis,Fozzy Whitaker , Rob Kelley, Benny Cunningham

WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Mike Evans,DeAndrea Hopkins, Devon Funchess, Allen Hurns, Paul Richardson, Willies Snead, John Ross, Rashard Higgins, Tanner Gentry, Michael Clarke

TE: Vernon Davis, Tyler Croft, Dwayne Allen, George Kittle

K:Graham Gano, Matt Prater

DL: Cameron Jordan, Chris Campell, Michael Brockers

LB: Sean Lee, Blake Martinez, Joe Shobert

DB: Jordan Poyer, Micah Hyde, Eric Reed, Bradley McDougald, Jalen Mills

evorzan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby evorzan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:01 pm

I'll add that Jones has a history of fumbling, which could cause him to cede work throughout the season regardless of how pedestrian Kelley is.
Follow me @evorzan on Twitter
Formerly posting as Steveeb

Detroitcity
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Detroitcity » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:08 pm

dlf_trevorb wrote:I'll add that Jones has a history of fumbling, which could cause him to cede work throughout the season regardless of how pedestrian Kelley is.
I agree with this. I'll also add that Jones isn't exactly an elite talent and while Kelley isn't either, based on Kelley's college tape I think he is a better receiving back than Jones and has similar patience/vision/burst. Kelley's speed is his only major knock IMO, but Jones ran a 4.61 so he's not a burner either

Litesout13
Captain
Captain

Postby Litesout13 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:24 pm

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/footba ... on-friday/

Looks as if Kelley is going to get 1st team carries on Friday. I have been grabbing him in late round rookie drafts and late in start ups as well. Worth a stash imo
12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-Flex||Salary Cap=$65mil||My Salary: $61,483,329
QB: Ryan($6.53)-Smith($4.13)-Garoppolo($500k)
RB: Hyde($1.75)-D. Johnson($2.16)-Zeke($1.95)-White($500k)-Turbin($500)
WR: Julio ($8.25)-Thomas($8.18)-Edelman($4.64)-K. Benjamin($3.4)-Parker($1.5)-White($1.5)-Doctson($1.3)-Mitchell($650)
TE: Kelce($1.84)-Green($1.25)-Maxx Williams($500k)
2017: 1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5
2018: 1,2,2,3,4,4,5

12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-2WR-TE-2Flex
QB: R Wilson-Romo-RGIII-Wentz-Dak
RB: Zeke-Martin-Rawls-Hill-Starks-Perkins
WR: Julio-Parker-S Smith-T Williams-Cruz-Fuller
TE: Graham-Fleener-Hooper
2017: 1,2,3,4,5

12 Team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-2FLEX
QB:Rodgers-Tannehill-Wentz-Jimmy G
RB:Jones-JStew-Riddick-Henry-Drake-Sproles-Vereen-Collins
WR:Cooper-TY-Marshall-Snead-Cruz-Williams
TE:Kelce-Ertz-Clay

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:34 pm

I grabbed Kelley off waivers in the league I have Marshall in too. Free pick up, dropped Strong for him. I agree with all the above, and its not like the Skins have not had a guy come out of nowhere during preseason/camp before, in Alfred. Though, now that I roster 2/3 of the potential early down backs there, I got an offer of Jones for my 2017 1st. Nope.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:30 pm

I sold Kelley just now for a 2017 5th. Picked him up for $1 a few weeks ago. I feel ok about that. Gives me a good shot at a decent IDP prospect next year, or a flyer QB
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:22 pm

I dropped Kelley for McCluster this week.

Jakno7dnls
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Jakno7dnls » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:43 pm

Matt Jones starting to really fall out of favor with the HC Kelley is going to see more snaps moving forward.
12 team 40 man roster. Start: 1QB, 3RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 2DL, 2LB,4DB.

QB: Ben Roethlisberger, Philip Rivers, Jared Goff, Joe Flacco, AJ McCarron

RB: Todd Gurley, Gio Bernard, Mark Ingram, Lamar Miller, Mike Davis,Fozzy Whitaker , Rob Kelley, Benny Cunningham

WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Mike Evans,DeAndrea Hopkins, Devon Funchess, Allen Hurns, Paul Richardson, Willies Snead, John Ross, Rashard Higgins, Tanner Gentry, Michael Clarke

TE: Vernon Davis, Tyler Croft, Dwayne Allen, George Kittle

K:Graham Gano, Matt Prater

DL: Cameron Jordan, Chris Campell, Michael Brockers

LB: Sean Lee, Blake Martinez, Joe Shobert

DB: Jordan Poyer, Micah Hyde, Eric Reed, Bradley McDougald, Jalen Mills

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:32 pm

I expect McCloughan to draft one of the quality backs in the '17 class unless he's sold on Marshall which he definitely isn't. Jones has been a mess and Kelley looks good, but his metrics are so bad its hard to believe he actually is good. I will be really surprised if they pass on all the interesting backs in the '17 class. I'm just curious who they would target, Gallman, Hurd, Perine, someone else? No idea, beyond him having a preference for big, tough, fast guys. I dont expect they would take Fournette or Chubb.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:51 am

stoneghost28 wrote:I expect McCloughan to draft one of the quality backs in the '17 class unless he's sold on Marshall which he definitely isn't. Jones has been a mess and Kelley looks good, but his metrics are so bad its hard to believe he actually is good. I will be really surprised if they pass on all the interesting backs in the '17 class. I'm just curious who they would target, Gallman, Hurd, Perine, someone else? No idea, beyond him having a preference for big, tough, fast guys. I dont expect they would take Fournette or Chubb.

I agree that his metrics make him hard to believe in. I'm just waiting for him to have a couple okay games and sell for anything I can get. In a 16 team league with 28 roster spots it's tough to waive anyone. If I can pick up a guy and then flip him for a 3rd or even 4th I'm happy with it. Especially a guy with below average metrics.

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-

BhamRudy
Role Player
Role Player

Postby BhamRudy » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:32 am

Matt Jones ruled out. Kelley time. Need one big game to flip this guy for anything I can get.
14 team, (1 QB 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, IDP) PPR
QB: Bress, Newton, Trubisky
RB: Kamara, Mixon, K, Johnson. Lindsey, Justice Hill.
WR: Hopkins, Evans, Mike Williams, A Robbison, Godwin, Deebo Samuel. H, Butler.
TE: Kelce, Herndon, Fant