ESPN Offline draft info needed

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
theKatsMeow
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

ESPN Offline draft info needed

Postby theKatsMeow » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:21 pm

First time commissioner and first time dynasty player and I need some advice. I have a group together for my new dynasty league and we have a draft date that everyone looks to be able to attend. I know life happens and I was wondering if someone were to not show up how I would go about auto drafting them using the ESPN offline draft app. Will players be able to setup a draft order beforehand that ESPN can pull from?

I cannot switch to a different provider because ESPN was decided on as a group. I can however use a different offline draft service and just manually put in the players after if what I am asking isn't possible. Just trying to plan for a worst case scenario.

Thanks in advance for the help.

heldlightning
Starter
Starter

Re: ESPN Offline draft info needed

Postby heldlightning » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:40 pm

This should go to commish corner, yeah?

MikeMcnasty1
Rookie
Rookie

Postby MikeMcnasty1 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:44 pm

Used this last year. The offline draft app didn't support "auto-drafting" as far as I could tell. Even if the clock runs out it doesn't really do anything if I recall.

That said still planning to use it again this year.

Bison
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Bison » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:24 pm

I've used the app for two different re draft leagues I run and like it a lot mainly because it makes entering the results very easy. Unfortunately I don't know of any auto draft feature and from the best of my understanding it ranks players based on one year leagues not dynasty. I do set up screen share. I use join.me. I usually have a couple people that can't make it, but if they can get online they can watch the draft and message me their picks. If they can't be there and can't be online to watch and message their picks we've always just drafted by committee of the group. Another fair way would be to use this websites rankings and announce that you will draft their team based on those rankings.

theKatsMeow
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby theKatsMeow » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:09 pm

Thanks for the info.

If someone cannot make it I will use the rankings they set up unless something better exists.

WashingtonFever
Role Player
Role Player

Postby WashingtonFever » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:58 am

ALWAYS have that person and any other person that can not make a draft... find someone that will draft for them. Easier on you, easier on the league, and the guy/gal who can't make it can't complain afterwards.

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:02 am

Yep, if someone can't make it or has to leave early they need to have a proxy step in for them. Or worst case they have a ranked list that either myself or another owner who agrees can finish the draft for them. So for example two years ago I had a guy that needed to leave early for a wedding, he missed the last 3 rounds. So he left a ranked list (mainly kickers at that point) with his brother in-law who finished up the draft for him.

This all assumes they can't call in via cell phone or google hangouts or something.