Administrator

Stock Market - Sell Candidates

Postby dlf_kenk » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:57 am

Posted on the home page..

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Scorp » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:15 am

Sorry, I'm new to the site, what do ya'll consider the "home page"?

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:17 am

Vintage wrote:Sorry, I'm new to the site, what do ya'll consider the "home page"?

http://www.dynastyleaguefootball.com :wink:
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:17 am

Click on the DLF football logo up above...

thevidon2
Starter
Starter

Postby thevidon2 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:56 am

Meh. These are all players whose trade values have already tanked for the most part. Fred Jackson is the only player I see on that list who isnt already widely regarded as a "sell".

I would categorize most of the others as poor players to sell due to their high production but low trade value (ocho cinco is the perfect example).

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:27 pm

thevidon2 wrote:Meh. These are all players whose trade values have already tanked for the most part. Fred Jackson is the only player I see on that list who isnt already widely regarded as a "sell".

I would categorize most of the others as poor players to sell due to their high production but low trade value (ocho cinco is the perfect example).
I think the Jerome Harrison is a good call given how he finished the season and that in my estimation, his value won't get any higher.

----------------
Now playing: Jack's Mannequin - Crashin'

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:47 pm

Pilate wrote: I think the Jerome Harrison is a good call given how he finished the season and that in my estimation, his value won't get any higher.
Based on where he was drafted in the DLF III, I'd say everyone is a doubter and his value isn't very high at all to begin with. He was in the mid/late 30s for RBs - behind such players as Sproles, Foster, Choice...
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:52 pm

skip wrote:
Pilate wrote: I think the Jerome Harrison is a good call given how he finished the season and that in my estimation, his value won't get any higher.
Based on where he was drafted in the DLF III, I'd say everyone is a doubter and his value isn't very high at all to begin with. He was in the mid/late 30s for RBs - behind such players as Sproles, Foster, Choice...
And I thought he was excellent value there and was hoping I could grab him. Do I think he is the answer in Cleveland?? No...but since he is currently the #1 RB, I think he deserves a higher ranking.

----------------
Now playing: Underoath - The Best of Me

thevidon2
Starter
Starter

Postby thevidon2 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:02 pm

Pilate wrote:
skip wrote:
And I thought he was excellent value there and was hoping I could grab him. Do I think he is the answer in Cleveland?? No...but since he is currently the #1 RB, I think he deserves a higher ranking.

----------------
Right....but this is a "Sell" article. If players are being undervalued they by definition can't be a good sell candidate.

P.S. Underoath rocks

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:19 pm

thevidon2 wrote:
Pilate wrote:
skip wrote: Based on where he was drafted in the DLF III, I'd say everyone is a doubter and his value isn't very high at all to begin with. He was in the mid/late 30s for RBs - behind such players as Sproles, Foster, Choice...

----------------
Right....but this is a "Sell" article. If players are being undervalued they by definition can't be a good sell candidate.

P.S. Underoath rocks
I thought he was worth more...therefore why I think he is a sell...anyway. :lol:

Did you hear the drummer for UO quit?? Bummer...

----------------
Now playing: Underoath - I'm Content With Losing

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:07 pm

I agree that Fred Jackson, and maybe Steve Smith, are the "sell high" candidates from this list, while the window on the others has probably passed for getting any good value from them. I would probably call Addai and 85 "holds" until they have big early season games - probably similar to last season.

It probably still is possible to sell Harrison for some value - maybe not in a league on this site, but in some fantasy eyes he still appears to have a huge upside.

-oo-