Why doesn't CPatt convert to RB? The Cordarelle Patterson Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Why doesn't CPatt convert to RB? The Cordarelle Patterson Thread

Postby ArrylT » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:01 pm

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:50 am There are a lot of things between a 1 and a 2. For example, there are people in my leagues who prefer rando 1 to THREE rando 2s. While I think he’s worth more than rando 2, I also would not give a rando 1. More precisely, I value him at two 2s or a 2 and a useful flex player.
Agreed. Plenty of ways to explore - depending on the owner.

For example if the other team wants a 1st - then ask for the 2nd back. That way you're basically moving from say 1.12 to 2.04/2.05.

Or offer up a guy on IR like Michael Thomas or Cam Akers that has volatile value as well. IE players that many feel are worth a 1st but currently would not earn an actual 1st.

All depends on an owners level of risk, their style of play, desire to win the 2021 title & especially the current positional availability. Some leagues have him as WR, some as RB, and some as both depending on the platform. VBD does come into play even more depending on the positions he's available to start in as well the need at the position of the owner.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:10 pm

ChinAntlerParseMans wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:23 am CP84 is what I wanted Percy Harvin to be a while back. I also wanted to see the same from Tavon Austin, because I always felt like he was more of a natural fit at RB than WR. At least in the NFL.
Yes CP holds up much better because he’s twice the size of a Harvin or Austin

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:09 pm

mild wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:53 pm I'll keep you guys posted. :lol: If he ends up being the difference, then I'll most certainly own it.
Congratulations to anyone that cashed out on Cordarelle Patterson this trade deadline and took what they could get - during what may turn out to be his final all-time high in trade value.
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Cordarrelle Patterson is dealing with an ankle sprain and "it doesn’t sound optimistic" that he will play in Week 11 against the Patriots.
Pelissero added that it "could be a couple weeks for one of this season’s most electric players." Paterson is still being evaluated but with the Falcons playing on Thursday, his odds of suiting up look very slim. He has been one of the few bright spots on an otherwise lackluster offense, posting 776 yards and seven scores while playing a mix of receiver and running back.
The initial whisper I heard was "high ankle sprain". It might just be a regular one, though.

Regardless, we can pencil him in to miss this week and possibly next. He will return to the fantasy playoff race (hopefully) in which case you will be wondering whether you can start a 30 year old hybrid WR/RB coming off an ankle sprain.

He will be 31 next year. Should he remain with the Falcons, I would be surprised to not see them add to the backfield considerably seeing as Davis has been an unmitigated disaster. They will also look to address Receiver given that Ridley is no longer a lock. So his fight for target share and role will be far more fierce.

Should he NOT remain with the Falcons, then you will be counting on his new landing spot and coaching staff to replicate this perfect storm in opportunity. That's no sure thing for a 31 year old "offensive weapon" in my humble opinion.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:45 pm

mild wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:09 pm
mild wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:53 pm I'll keep you guys posted. :lol: If he ends up being the difference, then I'll most certainly own it.
Congratulations to anyone that cashed out on Cordarelle Patterson this trade deadline and took what they could get - during what may turn out to be his final all-time high in trade value.
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Cordarrelle Patterson is dealing with an ankle sprain and "it doesn’t sound optimistic" that he will play in Week 11 against the Patriots.
Pelissero added that it "could be a couple weeks for one of this season’s most electric players." Paterson is still being evaluated but with the Falcons playing on Thursday, his odds of suiting up look very slim. He has been one of the few bright spots on an otherwise lackluster offense, posting 776 yards and seven scores while playing a mix of receiver and running back.
The initial whisper I heard was "high ankle sprain". It might just be a regular one, though.

Regardless, we can pencil him in to miss this week and possibly next. He will return to the fantasy playoff race (hopefully) in which case you will be wondering whether you can start a 30 year old hybrid WR/RB coming off an ankle sprain.

He will be 31 next year. Should he remain with the Falcons, I would be surprised to not see them add to the backfield considerably seeing as Davis has been an unmitigated disaster. They will also look to address Receiver given that Ridley is no longer a lock. So his fight for target share and role will be far more fierce.

Should he NOT remain with the Falcons, then you will be counting on his new landing spot and coaching staff to replicate this perfect storm in opportunity. That's no sure thing for a 31 year old "offensive weapon" in my humble opinion.
Taking a victory lap after an injury, nice

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:55 pm

mild wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:09 pm

I mean yeah, if you werent a contender you would have been dumb to have held him. But as a contender it would have taken something pretty extraordinary to get CPatt off my roster. Up until this last week, after week 1 he has had one game under 15 points in PPR, and that was by a slim margin. He was playing extremely well and is likely a big reason some bottom feeder teams arent last place if they didnt sell, and the reason some middle of the pack teams are in the playoff hunt. But as a contender youre not getting a 15 points floor player from me for less than a first. If he was 35 maybe I let him go for a second, but as it stands he could still have another year or two of flex production in the right situation. And if he is lucky he is back on the field for fantasy playoffs. Right now we are going into week 11, that gives him a month to get healthy.

Not saying he should be worth a first to everyone, but not every team is dumb for holding onto him when the best offers coming in are late seconds and thirds from direct competition for contending for the championship.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:59 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:45 pm Taking a victory lap after an injury, nice
Hey man - injuries are football too. 116 touches, by far the most of his career, for a guy with a relatively extensive injury history - as a 30 year old? It's all part of it.

Take it out of the equation, and it all still stands. He's a complete anomaly in terms of breakout age, his current situation, and what we can expect going forward.

I still maintain that there was nothing wrong with selling him this deadline for anything reasonable that you could get. Especially if you're deep enough to cover his roster spot on your team. The signs of this being his last (only?) decent sell window were all there.

Sorry to anyone that was counting on him for their playoff push these next two weeks, though. It was a fun story, and it definitely sucks that he got banged up.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:08 pm

mild wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:59 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:45 pm Taking a victory lap after an injury, nice
Hey man - injuries are football too. 116 touches, by far the most of his career, for a guy with a relatively extensive injury history - as a 30 year old? It's all part of it.

Take it out of the equation, and it all still stands. He's a complete anomaly in terms of breakout age, his current situation, and what we can expect going forward.

I still maintain that there was nothing wrong with selling him this deadline for anything reasonable that you could get. Especially if you're deep enough to cover his roster spot on your team. The signs of this being his last (only?) decent sell window were all there.

Sorry to anyone that was counting on him for their playoff push these next two weeks, though. It was a fun story, and it definitely sucks that he got banged up.
Pretty sure he's going to play again this year. It's not like he tore his knee up. It's been listed as a "mild" high ankle sprain. He may well come back and be a difference maker in the FF playoffs, which don't start until week 15 in most leagues. If you are a contender that will be in the playoffs regardless of him missing a few weeks, he may still be a guy who can help you win a title. In fact, you may get him for just about anything now, if a team is looking to sell, his price probably just went down for owners who aren't contenders, for the reasons you stated. I'm going to throw out some offers for 4ths, or a late 3rd/4th swap type thing.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:19 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:08 pm Pretty sure he's going to play again this year. It's not like he tore his knee up. It's been listed as a "mild" high ankle sprain. He may well come back and be a difference maker in the FF playoffs, which don't start until week 15 in most leagues. If you are a contender that will be in the playoffs regardless of him missing a few weeks, he may still be a guy who can help you win a title. In fact, you may get him for just about anything now, if a team is looking to sell, his price probably just went down for owners who aren't contenders, for the reasons you stated. I'm going to throw out some offers for 4ths, or a late 3rd/4th swap type thing.
Exactly - his value has now been tanked. Kind of my point, and it is what it is.

I don't want to be the negative nancy and say it - but, high ankle sprain, for an elite agility player who relies on quick cuts, age 30?

We've seen this before. I'll bet the unders. No problems if that's just me, though.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:31 pm

mild wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:19 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:08 pm Pretty sure he's going to play again this year. It's not like he tore his knee up. It's been listed as a "mild" high ankle sprain. He may well come back and be a difference maker in the FF playoffs, which don't start until week 15 in most leagues. If you are a contender that will be in the playoffs regardless of him missing a few weeks, he may still be a guy who can help you win a title. In fact, you may get him for just about anything now, if a team is looking to sell, his price probably just went down for owners who aren't contenders, for the reasons you stated. I'm going to throw out some offers for 4ths, or a late 3rd/4th swap type thing.
Exactly - his value has now been tanked. Kind of my point, and it is what it is.

I don't want to be the negative nancy and say it - but, high ankle sprain, for an elite agility player who relies on quick cuts, age 30?

We've seen this before. I'll bet the unders. No problems if that's just me, though.
Yeah, if it's a mild one, as they say, I think he can be counted on for week 15, the FF playoffs starting point, but I am not thinking it should be assumed he'd be back before then.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:48 am

ArrylT wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:27 pm This article talks about the rise of the hybrid player.

https://www.fantasypros.com/2021/10/the ... -football/
Heard a podcast yesterday about how CPatt on the field helps attack a defense, with him being able to pre-snap from backfield to out wide to the slot. It was a throw away comment without any play diagrams but it was interesting, especially in light of comments/articles like this from ArrylT and Ice on this forum here (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=222031&start=105#p2043532) and Deebo's game last night.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:19 pm

Did any commishes go into MFL and change his position from WR to RB?

I have an owner who’s asking to do it now so that he has a shot at the playoffs. Of course the answer will be “sorry, no can”. Just wondering if any leagues did it earlier in the year?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:26 pm

jordanzs wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:19 pm Did any commishes go into MFL and change his position from WR to RB?

I have an owner who’s asking to do it now so that he has a shot at the playoffs. Of course the answer will be “sorry, no can”. Just wondering if any leagues did it earlier in the year?
Yeah, in one league, the owner can lobby for a position change based on his NFL.com position listing. It's in our bylaws. If nothing is written into the bylaws, I think you have to stick with the MFL listing.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:26 pm

jordanzs wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:19 pm Did any commishes go into MFL and change his position from WR to RB?

I never like to say no to my league mates so my typical reply is, "I can't do something like that without the consent of the league. Feel free to send everyone an email proposing the change you want and if no one objects I'm happy to make the change."

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:48 pm

Switch to Sleeper where he's still listed as both.

Why wait until Week 13 to ask for the change? Shouldn't this have been requested earlier?

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:57 pm

cant ask to change when its convenient. Beginning of season should have been changed to RB, or WR/RB hybrid, or left the same.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06