Why doesn't CPatt convert to RB? The Cordarelle Patterson Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Re: Why doesn't CPatt convert to RB? The Cordarelle Patterson Thread

Postby dustyroads » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:13 am

Where are these leagues where anyone is selling for a 2nd? He's currently a top 10 RB who is also eligible to start as a WR and his snap count and touches keep increasing. Even in my leagues where he's owned by a bottom ranked team, they want a 1st for him (noting that it's a contenders 1st making it a late pick, and most are also seeing next year as a weak class already).

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:19 am

Ya he ain’t going for a single rando 2. You’d have to be dead out and givin up

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:58 am

dustyroads wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:13 am Where are these leagues where anyone is selling for a 2nd? He's currently a top 10 RB who is also eligible to start as a WR and his snap count and touches keep increasing. Even in my leagues where he's owned by a bottom ranked team, they want a 1st for him (noting that it's a contenders 1st making it a late pick, and most are also seeing next year as a weak class already).
It depends, if it's a late 2nd, yeah, maybe not. If it's another teams 2nd, early/mid, sure. Some teams who have him are out of it, that's where I was suggesting to try it. They have a minimal amount of time to move C Patt before his value drops hard. If a rebuilding/out of contention team can't get a better offer than a 2nd, they should take it, rather than rostering a player that A) won't have the same value ever again, and B) is hurting their own draft pick. Part of a deal in this manner is the value it provides the non contender to have the player off their roster. Often, a player like C Patt is the difference between say 1.03, and 1.05. If they hold C Patt, they are losing value on their own draft picks.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:14 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:58 am
dustyroads wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:13 am Where are these leagues where anyone is selling for a 2nd? He's currently a top 10 RB who is also eligible to start as a WR and his snap count and touches keep increasing. Even in my leagues where he's owned by a bottom ranked team, they want a 1st for him (noting that it's a contenders 1st making it a late pick, and most are also seeing next year as a weak class already).
It depends, if it's a late 2nd, yeah, maybe not. If it's another teams 2nd, early/mid, sure. Some teams who have him are out of it, that's where I was suggesting to try it. They have a minimal amount of time to move C Patt before his value drops hard. If a rebuilding/out of contention team can't get a better offer than a 2nd, they should take it, rather than rostering a player that A) won't have the same value ever again, and B) is hurting their own draft pick. Part of a deal in this manner is the value it provides the non contender to have the player off their roster. Often, a player like C Patt is the difference between say 1.03, and 1.05. If they hold C Patt, they are losing value on their own draft picks.
Oh I def agree with your premise whole-heartedly. Trying to convince all the CPatt owners I know of it is another story lol. Nobody like to be preached too, especially unsolicited advice about how to better manager their team; but man... you'd think I was trying to sell them a time share with the reactions I get. Guess it's another example belonging in the "why bad teams stay bad" thread. I actually offered a 1st for him in my one dynasty league where the owner is technically vying for a playoff spot, but its a 5 team race for the 3/4 seeds when me and the other guy currently sitting top 2 are outscoring everyone by 20+ points a week. Boggles my mind....

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:43 am

dustyroads wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:14 am
Oh I def agree with your premise whole-heartedly. Trying to convince all the CPatt owners I know of it is another story lol. Nobody like to be preached too, especially unsolicited advice about how to better manager their team; but man... you'd think I was trying to sell them a time share with the reactions I get. Guess it's another example belonging in the "why bad teams stay bad" thread. I actually offered a 1st for him in my one dynasty league where the owner is technically vying for a playoff spot, but its a 5 team race for the 3/4 seeds when me and the other guy currently sitting top 2 are outscoring everyone by 20+ points a week.Boggles my mind....
What was the reply/reaction?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:43 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:43 am

Oh I def agree with your premise whole-heartedly. Trying to convince all the CPatt owners I know of it is another story lol. Nobody like to be preached too, especially unsolicited advice about how to better manager their team; but man... you'd think I was trying to sell them a time share with the reactions I get. Guess it's another example belonging in the "why bad teams stay bad" thread. I actually offered a 1st for him in my one dynasty league where the owner is technically vying for a playoff spot, but its a 5 team race for the 3/4 seeds when me and the other guy currently sitting top 2 are outscoring everyone by 20+ points a week.Boggles my mind....
What was the reply/reaction?
Paraphrasing but "I'm still in contention. He's an RB1 and should be worth RB1 prices with all the injured RBs this year. What is a championship worth to you? Should be more than just a 1st." and then tried haggling to get one of my younger upside players in addition to a 1st, or Pittman and a 2nd, etc. etc. I shouldn't have even reached out to him cause he's normally a nightmare to deal with. Every time I have I feel like I've not only wasted hours of my time, but also get so frustrated at how stupid some of his rationalizations are. He's literally the guy who will hit you up to try to trade YOU one of HIS players and then ask what you would pay for them. Spoiler alert, whatever you say isn't enough lol. Also famous for the "let me buy this guy off you *tell him your asking price*, that guy sucks he's not worth that, I'll give you a 4th". :wall: :wall:

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:59 am

Oh I def agree with your premise whole-heartedly. Trying to convince all the CPatt owners I know of it is another story lol. Nobody like to be preached too, especially unsolicited advice about how to better manager their team; but man... you'd think I was trying to sell them a time share with the reactions I get. Guess it's another example belonging in the "why bad teams stay bad" thread. I actually offered a 1st for him in my one dynasty league where the owner is technically vying for a playoff spot, but its a 5 team race for the 3/4 seeds when me and the other guy currently sitting top 2 are outscoring everyone by 20+ points a week. Boggles my mind....
I wish I had you in my leagues. I own him on 2 complete year 1 rebuilders. Got him off waivers in both. Have been trying to immediately sell him since then, but can't even get a 2nd. He (and Robinson as well) has been unsellable, despite those numbers, and as I don't feel like just giving him away (call it spite) I guess I'll just keep holding on for no good reason. Sucks.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:20 am

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:19 am Ya he ain’t going for a single rando 2. You’d have to be dead out and givin up
I'm in the thick of the playoff race, but I just gave him up for a 2nd from another contender.

The context would be: I have James Connor ready to assume RB3 duties, and this Contender who now owns C-Pat has had an unholy run with the 2015 all stars (and just lost D-Henny)

I liked the gamble. And I like this 2023 class. Gimme all the ammo.

Thankyou for your service, Cordarelle. You've been incredible this year.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:04 am

mild wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:20 am
SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:19 am Ya he ain’t going for a single rando 2. You’d have to be dead out and givin up
I'm in the thick of the playoff race, but I just gave him up for a 2nd from another contender.

The context would be: I have James Connor ready to assume RB3 duties, and this Contender who now owns C-Pat has had an unholy run with the 2015 all stars (and just lost D-Henny)

That feels like a mistake, but we could be a few weeks away from it being a great deal for you. I'd have held on a contender for this price.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:35 am

I don't think anyone is giving up a 1st for him. He's a 31-year-old WR or RB, whichever way you look at him. He doesn't have the mileage of a typical RB, so he'll continue to play for a while, but I just don't see the value in a 1st for him.

He'll have more value to his owners than others. Enjoy the breakout season and I hope you're contending with it.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:05 am

dynastyninja wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:04 am

That feels like a mistake, but we could be a few weeks away from it being a great deal for you. I'd have held on a contender for this price.
Especially to another contender.

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:50 am

There are a lot of things between a 1 and a 2. For example, there are people in my leagues who prefer rando 1 to THREE rando 2s. While I think he’s worth more than rando 2, I also would not give a rando 1. More precisely, I value him at two 2s or a 2 and a useful flex player.

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:47 am

I moved a first for him and curtis samuel. I am guaranteed playoff bracket sitting at 9-0, and the owner is not contending
. I think it is a win win. The other owner is pretty shrewd and experienced, and though hes not contending I dont think he is too far off. But the bottom line is cpatt scoring as the wr5 does not help him this year at all, and cpatt will be 31 next year.

It is a best ball start 3 wr flex 2 w/r/t

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:53 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:05 am
dynastyninja wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:04 am

Especially to another contender.
I'll keep you guys posted. :lol: If he ends up being the difference, then I'll most certainly own it.

As it shakes out currently, there are 5 teams going for 4 spots. One of the strongest teams is currently locked out of that spot, and would present a far bigger threat in the playoffs imo. This trade is a not-subtle attempt to keep him out, and keep this 2015 All Stars team winning.

ChinAntlerParseMans
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby ChinAntlerParseMans » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:23 am

CP84 is what I wanted Percy Harvin to be a while back. I also wanted to see the same from Tavon Austin, because I always felt like he was more of a natural fit at RB than WR. At least in the NFL.