Why doesn't CPatt convert to RB? The Cordarelle Patterson Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Why doesn't CPatt convert to RB? The Cordarelle Patterson Thread

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:39 pm

7/11/1 rush, 5/58/1 receiving against Tampa's stout defense. 9 touches week 1, 13 week 2, he's high floor RB at the WR spot that I'm starting in multiple leagues week 3 at NYG.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:36 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:39 pm 7/11/1 rush, 5/58/1 receiving against Tampa's stout defense. 9 touches week 1, 13 week 2, he's high floor RB at the WR spot that I'm starting in multiple leagues week 3 at NYG.
In CBS he has dual eligibility at RB and WR. That alone should've been enough for me to pick him up weeks ago. Some guy picked him up for free in our league back on 4-Sep. Kicking myself! He is quite a weapon.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

oppy
Role Player
Role Player

Postby oppy » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:59 pm

So when is MFL going to make the guy listed as an RB by his team getting more carries than targets every game as an RB and not just a WR?

I snagged him in a couple leagues and MFL being behind the ball here is frustrating. I'm not sure how fast they've made changes in similar circumstances before, but this seems incredibly slow for what's supposed to be the major dynasty platform.

I just want to finally use CPatt after, you know, owning him off and on for almost 10 years.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:10 am

Cordarelle Patterson has been included on the 1st Round WR thread.

Excluding Week 1 he has a 74 yard / game receiving yard average and could conceivably reach 1000 yards if that pace continues.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:28 am

Falls under wierd but true

NFL Research: Cordarrelle Patterson joined Calvin Ridley as the only Falcons in the last 15 seasons to catch three TD passes in a single game. Julio Jones never had a three-TD performance in 10 seasons with the Falcons.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:54 am

He should convert back to WR now

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:01 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:54 am He should convert back to WR now
Don’t do that! We need dual eligibility
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:16 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:01 am
Jigga94 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:54 am He should convert back to WR now
Don’t do that! We need dual eligibility
I wish he had dual eligibility on MFL! I'd gladly play him over some of the awful RB's I'm going to have to trot out in bye weeks :lol:

It's so funny that he's become the best weapon on the Falcons. The NFL never ceases to entertain and amaze... his floor in this role is incredible for fantasy, especially in PPR formats.

I'd actually like to shout out Arthur Smith for this one. He's inherited a pretty rough situation, but he is once again showing that he uses whatever he has, and he schemes the crap out of it and runs it constantly. I think C-Patt is going to continue this, health permitting (knocks on wood) - because Smith knows what he's got.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:28 pm

I went up against him in 3 or 4 leagues this week. Brutal.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:30 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:28 pm I went up against him in 3 or 4 leagues this week. Brutal.
I started him in 5 of 6 leagues. Amazing.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:23 pm

Today-
CPatt- 14 for 60 and a TD rushing, 2 catches for 1 yard on 4 targets
Mike Davis- 4/10/0 rushing, no targets

People now saying they consider Patterson an every week starter. Does he have value beyond this year?

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:51 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:23 pm Today-

People now saying they consider Patterson an every week starter. Does he have value beyond this year?
Potentially. He's not a true RB with 30-year-old mileage, so he's not going away anytime soon.

Just a matter of whether his next team will use him like this or he'll be back to special teams with pieces of offense mixed in.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:46 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:51 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:23 pm Today-

Potentially. He's not a true RB with 30-year-old mileage, so he's not going away anytime soon.

Just a matter of whether his next team will use him like this or he'll be back to special teams with pieces of offense mixed in.
You've gotta think any team that will sign him can't ignore his success as a regular piece of an NFL offense. Of course teams misuse players all the time, but why would you not want to utilize Cpatt to his potential like how ATL is this season? He is showing how effective of a weapon he is
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:36 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:46 pmYou've gotta think any team that will sign him can't ignore his success as a regular piece of an NFL offense. Of course teams misuse players all the time, but why would you not want to utilize Cpatt to his potential like how ATL is this season? He is showing how effective of a weapon he is
Maybe, but his specific situation has the look of every SF RB/WR/TE over the last few years. They all have talent and they flash it here and there, but it's never sustainable and their NFL teams struggles. The situation in ATL is uniquely suited for a swiss-army-knife player - no real RB, only one true WR, not a playoff team. In that specific situation, it makes sense to get the ball into the hands of anyone who can get positive yards because most of the options on offense are Gage-like and uninspiring.

Where else is CP going to go that is like that? Houston? The reality is, if he goes to a good NFL team, there are going to be better offensive options and that will limit his opportunities. CP might be useful to Baltimore/ARI/BUFF/MINN but he won't get as many touches as he is this season.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:52 am

Anteaters wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:36 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:46 pmYou've gotta think any team that will sign him can't ignore his success as a regular piece of an NFL offense. Of course teams misuse players all the time, but why would you not want to utilize Cpatt to his potential like how ATL is this season? He is showing how effective of a weapon he is
Maybe, but his specific situation has the look of every SF RB/WR/TE over the last few years. They all have talent and they flash it here and there, but it's never sustainable and their NFL teams struggles. The situation in ATL is uniquely suited for a swiss-army-knife player - no real RB, only one true WR, not a playoff team. In that specific situation, it makes sense to get the ball into the hands of anyone who can get positive yards because most of the options on offense are Gage-like and uninspiring.

Where else is CP going to go that is like that? Houston? The reality is, if he goes to a good NFL team, there are going to be better offensive options and that will limit his opportunities. CP might be useful to Baltimore/ARI/BUFF/MINN but he won't get as many touches as he is this season.
To me, there are a couple of interesting factors here-
1- he's getting consistent high volume
2- he's been effective (or very effective) with them
3- Coach Arthur Smith effectively scheming a good offense with a good (but not elite) WR, an elite rookie TE/WR talent and a Swiss Army knife.

I don't think it's simply a question of "the touches have to go somewhere". The fact Smith has created an effective scheme that's so different from his Henry-focused one, and CPatt is a critical core of that, is very interesting.