Jesse James... Pitt tight End??

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Skulls
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Jesse James... Pitt tight End??

Postby Skulls » Fri May 13, 2016 2:44 am

I am just wondering people's thoughts on Jesse James...I know they signed Ladarius Green this off season..Do you think Green is good enough to keep on the bench...Who do you like the next 3 years?
12 team dynasty 26 man roster .5 PPR RB. 1.0 PPR wr. 1.5ppr TE..6 pts. all tds.
Start 1 QB..2-3 RBS 2-4 WRS.. 1-2 TES

http://football20.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... L=10388&O=
QB Matt Ryan Patrick Mahommes
RB Bell, Fournette, Aaron Jones, James Connor, Mcguire, Prosise, Josh Adams
WR Julio, JuJu Schuster, Marvin Jones, Josh Gordon,Stills, Antonio Callaway, D.J. CharkJosh MaloneBraxton Miller, 3 Packer rookies
TE Ertz, Ben Watson, Higbee
Def Jax Houston
K Gould

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Jesse James... Pitt tight End??

Postby Big Al » Fri May 13, 2016 4:38 am

James wasn't ready this season so they got Green. He will likely carry the load if he's healthy. Pittsburgh really likes James and he is very young. If you are talking 3 years down the road I'll take James. I am stashing where I have room.

Skulls
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Skulls » Fri May 13, 2016 4:41 am

Big Al wrote:James wasn't ready this season so they got Green. He will likely carry the load if he's healthy. Pittsburgh really likes James and he is very young. If you are talking 3 years down the road I'll take James. I am stashing where I have room.
This is basically what I am thinking...Most likely Green this year, then I think James can possibly take over...I have a team interested in him in my league, and was just wondering people's thoughts...appreciate the reply!

WR Julio, JuJu Schuster, Marvin Jones, Josh Gordon,Stills, Antonio Callaway, D.J. CharkJosh MaloneBraxton Miller, 3 Packer rookies
Def Jax Houston
K Gould

The Fantasy Feud
MVP
MVP

Postby The Fantasy Feud » Fri May 13, 2016 4:55 am

Green is the future in Pitt while James will play on two TE plays.
Hosts of The Fantasy Feud - Fantasy Football Podcast

https://linktr.ee/thefantasyfeud

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Fri May 13, 2016 5:06 am

Green is too young and too talented to be a seat warmer for James. I don't think James will play a significant role unless Green gets injured or finishes out his contract. Jesse James is not the future in Pitrsburgh. The Green signing proves that.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri May 13, 2016 5:31 am

Green is only 25 and a far superior talent. Unless your rosters are super deep, I wouldn't be stashing James. Pitt just gave him a 4 year, $20 million contract. In comparison, James contract is 4 years, 2.5 million... Do the math

Good tight ends can play well into their 30's and the Pittsburgh TE is only valuable as long as Ben is under center, so maybe 4 years at best. It would take a lot of dominos falling for James to take over.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Fri May 13, 2016 6:26 am

Betterthanyou wrote:Green is the future in Pitt while James will play on two TE plays.
This. Green was not signed as a stop gap until Jesse James can start. If James becomes starter it is due to Green injury, or his play falls off a cliff somehow.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri May 13, 2016 7:05 am

REPTAR wrote:
Betterthanyou wrote:Green is the future in Pitt while James will play on two TE plays.
This. Green was not signed as a stop gap until Jesse James can start. If James becomes starter it is due to Green injury, or his play falls off a cliff somehow.
If green blocks well if not he will lose snaps and end up a move TE and if so then it will depend on how sammie caostes matures and grows into the wr3 role.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Fri May 13, 2016 7:24 am

Steelers GM Kevin Colbert said second-year TE Jesse James has a chance to earn more snaps following Heath Miller's retirement.

James played just 211 offensive snaps as a rookie and was targeted only 11 times. But Colbert compared it to a "redshirt" season of sorts, as 2015 was essentially James' senior year of college. Tight end is one of the hardest positions to transition to from college to the NFL. The Steelers will undoubtedly keep an eye on free-agent tight ends, but Ben Roethlisberger played a role in getting the Steelers to draft James in the fifth round last year.

Source: ESPN.com

The OP asked three years down the road not this season. James is 4 years younger and learned under Miller and now Green. I think the math looks good 3 or 4 years from now. Green will be the starter but it's not like he lit the world on fire in his first 4 years. TE's take time.

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Fri May 13, 2016 7:40 am

Big Al wrote:Steelers GM Kevin Colbert said second-year TE Jesse James has a chance to earn more snaps following Heath Miller's retirement.

James played just 211 offensive snaps as a rookie and was targeted only 11 times. But Colbert compared it to a "redshirt" season of sorts, as 2015 was essentially James' senior year of college. Tight end is one of the hardest positions to transition to from college to the NFL. The Steelers will undoubtedly keep an eye on free-agent tight ends, but Ben Roethlisberger played a role in getting the Steelers to draft James in the fifth round last year.

The OP asked three years down the road not this season. James is 4 years younger and learned under Miller and now Green. I think the math looks good 3 or 4 years from now. Green will be the starter but it's not like he lit the world on fire in his first 4 years. TE's take time.
OP asked for the next 3 years, not after 3 years. For the next 3 years I like Green.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri May 13, 2016 8:06 am

Are there no concerns about durability and long term health with L.Green? Personally, I do believe he is quite talented. I do not however believe at all that he is durable enough to play the TE position consistently at the NFL level. I also don't see L.Green as a proficient enough blocker. James is younger and a better blocker. Time will tell if J.James himself is or is not durable.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri May 13, 2016 8:47 am

REPTAR wrote:
Big Al wrote:Steelers GM Kevin Colbert said second-year TE Jesse James has a chance to earn more snaps following Heath Miller's retirement.

OP asked for the next 3 years, not after 3 years. For the next 3 years I like Green.

This^^^. With Ben's injury history, we likely won't care who the TE is in 4 years once Ben is gone.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Skulls
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Skulls » Fri May 13, 2016 9:49 am

thx everyone...appreciate allthe replies

Def Jax Houston
K Gould

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat May 14, 2016 5:08 pm

He's a role-player, sub-package kind of guy. Career #2 type at TE.

Even if you think James might become something 3 or 4 years from now, as a TE he's still not worth rostering in dynasty. Unless your league has ridiculously large bench-space, he'll likely be untouched if left on the wire.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sat May 14, 2016 7:02 pm

pretty surprised some ppl seem to think green is just a placeholder. i dont think james is much of anything
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter