2QB Drafting

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
RockandRollJames
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: 2QB Drafting

Postby RockandRollJames » Sat May 14, 2016 10:45 pm

I'm QB needy and have pick 14 in a Superflex. Not a Paxton Lynch fan, but I think he's there at 14 in our league, do I have to take him?

Offseason Champion
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Offseason Champion » Sat May 14, 2016 10:57 pm

RockandRollJames wrote:I'm QB needy and have pick 14 in a Superflex. Not a Paxton Lynch fan, but I think he's there at 14 in our league, do I have to take him?
Yes, a QB guranteed to have a shot at being the franchise QB must be drafted at minimum at 14. I'd draft him, and I'm not big on him, we'll before 14. Consider that a steal...couple descent games and you can sell high on him if you really aren't a fan.
14 Team - IDP + PPR DL (1Qb, 1Rb, 3Wr, 1Te, 1Flex, 1SFlex, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1DFlex
Roster Limit: 30 (2-I.R. Positions) (1RS-Developmental Player included in 30)

----------------------------------------------------------
QB: Luck, Bradford, Stafford, Wentz, P. Lynch,
RB: T. Riddick, C.Prosise,
WR: A.Jeffery, A.J. Green, Watkins, TY Hilton, Hopkins, J. Mathews, Agholor, K. White, D. Hopkins, D. Moncrief, M. Thomas (NO),
TE: Ebron, L.Green, Amaro, M. Williams, T. Higbee
K: Highest-rated on WW (McManus)
DL: A. Donald, E.Ansah, F.Cox, K.Mack, Fowler
LB: L. David, C.Mosley, Wagner, Collins, Hicks
DB: M. Jenkins, M. Burnett

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TomBobAnderson » Sun May 15, 2016 1:58 am

Hottoddies wrote:
TomBobAnderson wrote:I've seen them all over the place. I even saw Goff being drafted as late as the early 2nd
Were Wentz and Lynch selected before or after Goff?
Wentz and Lynch went in the 1st round. It was bizarre. Nobody wanted Goff. Not even the guy who drafted him. He just took him because the value was there. I don't think any of the 3 are anything special. But Goff and Wentz should be decent for the next 8-10 years.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sun May 15, 2016 5:43 am

12 team must start 2-QB league:
Goff - 1.05
Wentz - 1.07
Lynch - 1.10
Hackenberg - 2.08

The draft is still going and I expect another 2-3 QBS in the next 16 picks.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sun May 15, 2016 7:08 am

Offseason Champion wrote:
RockandRollJames wrote:I'm QB needy and have pick 14 in a Superflex. Not a Paxton Lynch fan, but I think he's there at 14 in our league, do I have to take him?
Yes, a QB guranteed to have a shot at being the franchise QB must be drafted at minimum at 14. I'd draft him, and I'm not big on him, we'll before 14. Consider that a steal...couple descent games and you can sell high on him if you really aren't a fan.

Agreed. I really like Lynch. I think he has the highest upside of the top three QB's. I just hope Denver takes it slow with him.

I see no reason why he cant be a top 5 pick in a 2 Qb.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Mefisto
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mefisto » Mon May 23, 2016 8:51 am

My 12 team must start 2QB, nonPPR draft just started last week. So far Goff went 2, Lynch 3 and Wentz 4.
12 Team Non-PPR league. 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1RB/WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 2DL/LB/DB
QB: Brady, Stafford, Mariota, Tannehill
RB: L. Miller, A. Collins, K. Drake, R. Freeman, K. Dixon, D. Foreman, D. Murray, J. Allen, Gore
WR: Hopkins, ARob, S. Diggs, D. Parker, M. Lee, J. Matthews, T. Lockett, D. Pettis, Callaway
TE: T. Kelce, E. Ebron, C. Brate
K: Bailey, Coons, Boswell
DL: D. Hunter, R. Quinn, D. Lawrence
LB: Von Miller, A. Ogletree, B. Wagner T. Edmunds
DB: H. Smith, J. Cyprien, L. Collins
2017 Superbowl Champion

10 Team PPR League. Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 1Superflex, 1Flex, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 3DFlex
QB: Luck, Goff, Trubisky, Prescott, Tannehill
RB: Gurley, Mixon, Barkley, D. Foreman
WR: Kupp, Cooper, C. Davis, Parker, T. Lockett, Kupp, W. Fuller, Sutton, John Brown, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Burton
DL: D. Lawrence, Ogunjobi, Ansah, M. Davenport
LB: L. Kuechly, T. Smith, Kiko Alonso, T. Edmunds, J. Smith, R. Foster
DB: Clinton-Dix, D. James, T. Edmunds, M. Jenkins

SoShady
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoShady » Mon May 23, 2016 11:02 am

A little off topic but still related to superflex. When you guys are in your startup what round do you hit on your 3rd QB? I invested highly in Luck and Winston early. But been wondering when I should grab my next guy? So far my roster looks like this.

10 TM PPR
QB - Luck
QB - Winston
RB - AP
RB -
WR - Marshall
WR - Cobb
WR - Watkins
2 Flex - White
TE -
K -
DEF -

MikeHoncho
Rookie
Rookie

Postby MikeHoncho » Mon May 23, 2016 11:26 am

SoShady wrote:A little off topic but still related to superflex. When you guys are in your startup what round do you hit on your 3rd QB? I invested highly in Luck and Winston early. But been wondering when I should grab my next guy? So far my roster looks like this.

10 TM PPR
QB - Luck
QB - Winston
RB - AP
RB -
WR - Marshall
WR - Cobb
WR - Watkins
2 Flex - White
TE -
K -
DEF -
It really depends how fast they are going. If there are still valuable QBs on the board, keep picking them up. In this format you can fill almost any hole on your roster by selling a productive QB, especially if you can corner the market on them.

SoShady
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoShady » Mon May 23, 2016 11:40 am

They have gone slower than I expected. A couple teams still have no QB's. Got awhile until the draft gets back around to me for my back to back picks. QB's on the board are Brees, Palmer, Cousins, Manning, Brady, Romo, Taylor, Stafford, Bridgewater, Cutler, Goff, Wentz, Lynch and so on.

iCantStop
Starter
Starter

Postby iCantStop » Mon May 23, 2016 4:34 pm

It's too much to ask everyone to go back and edit their posts now, I'm sure, but what formats were you guys playing where the QBs went 2/3/4 or 6/7/8? I would imagine Superflex/2QB makes it fairly similar, but are these leagues PPR/non-ppr/0.5ppr?

It makes a difference when the average QB either outscores a WR2 by 4 or 8 points per week... For what it's worth, the DLFS (not officially affiliated with DLF, just forum users) rookie draft starts in about a week: http://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... 66932&O=17

iCantStop
Starter
Starter

Postby iCantStop » Mon May 23, 2016 4:38 pm

MikeHoncho wrote: It really depends how fast they are going. If there are still valuable QBs on the board, keep picking them up. In this format you can fill almost any hole on your roster by selling a productive QB, especially if you can corner the market on them.
Careful with this strategy... Lots of people tend not to want to "play ball" with guys that corner the market. Trades, like general economics, are based on supply & demand, and even if you have the entire supply of QBs, your team will demand RBs or WRs, and that will naturally drive their price up if you're the one buying.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon May 23, 2016 8:13 pm

joeday wrote:In my superflex (which is basically 2QB because people with 1QB starting don't win) they went 6, 7, 9. I actually made a trade to get 1.6 when Goff started to drop. The forum was split on the trade I made (gave Evans, 2.11, 2017 1st [which should be late] for Cooks, 1.6 [Goff])...but since I think Evans and Cooks are close getting a QB in superflex is GOLD. I went through a dark period with no QBs and I refuse to go down that path again haha. IMO Goff should have gone 1.2 after Elliot.
Didn't bridgewater and Manziel go in the top 4 picks of our draft 2 years ago, meanwhile Bortles slid to round 2?

Didn't EJ Manuel go in the middle of round 1?

Did christian ponder and Jake locker go early?

Didn't RG3 go in the top 3 picks?

I see lots of QBs that you have to take because the value is there, but they just don't pan out.

I remember our startup draft. I took 2nd year Matt stafford in round 6. After schaub & kolb were gone. Josh Freeman went shortly after.

So it just comes down to your belief on how these QBs will succeed in the NFL, and if they will provide points that differentiate from the pile. If so, grab them in the 1st. If not, let others take them and push your better players.

iCantStop
Starter
Starter

Postby iCantStop » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:57 pm

iCantStop wrote:It's too much to ask everyone to go back and edit their posts now, I'm sure, but what formats were you guys playing where the QBs went 2/3/4 or 6/7/8? I would imagine Superflex/2QB makes it fairly similar, but are these leagues PPR/non-ppr/0.5ppr?

It makes a difference when the average QB either outscores a WR2 by 4 or 8 points per week... For what it's worth, the DLFS (not officially affiliated with DLF, just forum users) rookie draft starts in about a week: http://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... 66932&O=17

Just wanted to point out that we're live drafting now. This league is comprised of forum members. 1.0PPR, 2RB/2WR/1TE/1SuperFlex/2Flex

Draft thus far:
1.01 - Madadamus - Ezekiel Elliott
1.02 - Dynasty Delorean - Jared Goff
1.03 - KeepCalmAndDynasty - Laquon Treadwell
1.04 - Madadamus - Corey Coleman
1.05 - Madadamus - Josh Doctson

Update: we're at 2.05 and the QBs went 1.02, 1.07 (Wentz), and 1.09 (Lynch).
Last edited by iCantStop on Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hambone72
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Hambone72 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:51 pm

In mine they went 2 (Goff) 3 (Lynch) and 4 (Wentz). Hackenburg went early 2nd. I ended drafting 3 QB's. (Lynch, Kessler, Driskell).Andy Dalton/Ryan Tannehill tier QB's cost at minimum first rounder in this league

This must start 2, PPR. 12 teams. I'm in the second year of an expansion team.
Last edited by Hambone72 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DOUBLE BARREL
12 Team .5 PPR
Josh Allen, Carr, Hurts
Hunt, Mostert, Swift, JRob, Mattison, Connor, Damien Harris
Landry, Golladay, Watkins, Slayton, K Cole, Lazard, Dyami, J Palmer
Fant, Gesicki
CHI, WSH

Schlock Jocks
12 Team PPR
Murray, Goff, Minshew
Hunt, Swift, Mostert, Gus Bus, Hubbard , J Jackson,
Hill, Landry, C Ridley, , Pittman, Gage, Crowder, M Jones Jr, Tre’Quan, Jakobi
Gesicki, Fant, Smith Jr,
Bears, Bills
Taxi: Benjamin, Rodgers, Mac, Nwangu, Schwartz, Tyler Johnson

HAMBONES HOLLERS
10 Team, PPR
QB: Stafford, Herbert, D Jones
RB: Chubb,Mixon, Monty, Harris Jr, Michel, Cohen
WR: Jeudy, Cooks, Landry, Samuel, Shenault, Agholor Slayton, Hollywood, Mike Williams
TE: Pitts, Gesicki
Taxi: Gainwell, Dyami Brown, Gabe Davis, D Evans, Gandy Golden

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:13 pm

All my superflex leagues QB's are WAY more expensive.
That said I drafted Goff over Wentz @ 4 not because I like him better but I expect I will be able to flip him for a QB I like more sooner. Another devy league I drafted Wentz@3 after Goff went @ 2 but Treadwell/Elliott were already gone as devy's.

I am with skip in that I like Wentz better this year by a bit and we'll see if my strategy to flip Goff works out for me or not later this season or next offseason
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams