The 2017 RB class seems loaded...who gets "Tre Masoned?"

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
DrNoish
All Pro
All Pro

Re: The 2017 RB class seems loaded...who gets "Tre Masoned?"

Postby DrNoish » Fri May 06, 2016 6:20 pm

Very true, this could be his one shot at a giant payday and they have many mouths to feed in Pitt. Nobody believes they'd let him leave, and that's the only reason I believe it's possible. My opinion is it was shown that their system is very RB friendly, I wouldn't be paying the guy.
12 Team PPR 1QB - 1RB - 1WR - 2RB/WR - 1TE

KUPP the Balls
QB- Herbert, Hurts, Newton
RB- Montgomery, RoJo, Lindsay, Michel, Gurley, Vaughn, Foreman
WR- Lamb, Hopkins, Beckham, Metcalf, Cooks
TE- Kelce, Ertz
Picks 1.11, 2.04, 2022 1st

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri May 06, 2016 11:58 pm

Betterthanyou wrote:I do not think Mcaffrey or Clement will be very successful, however I think ALL of the rest show go first round. I would take Fournette, Chubb, and Dalvin Cook over Elliot this year thats how talented they are. I think there are a couple receivers I would take over Gallman, however i think the other three should go picks 1-3 with a random order (should be Fournette first then your choice from there) unless your team is SUPER stacked a receiver then it should be Fournette, Cook, and Chubb. They are going to be monsters no matter what team they are on.
:ewink: :lol:
Perrine is pretty damn good, too.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri May 06, 2016 11:59 pm

Betterthanyou wrote:I do not think Mcaffrey or Clement will be very successful, however I think ALL of the rest show go first round. I would take Fournette, Chubb, and Dalvin Cook over Elliot this year thats how talented they are. I think there are a couple receivers I would take over Gallman, however i think the other three should go picks 1-3 with a random order (should be Fournette first then your choice from there) unless your team is SUPER stacked a receiver then it should be Fournette, Cook, and Chubb. They are going to be monsters no matter what team they are on.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

James Rustler
Role Player
Role Player

Re: The 2017 RB class seems loaded...who gets

Postby James Rustler » Sat May 07, 2016 12:13 am

Cameron Giles wrote:
Jason3123 wrote:Lots of jobs going to be lost a year from now. Honestly I'd be worried about anyone not named Zeke or Gurley. Bell is safe obviously but we'll see how his health goes.
But again, how many of these RB's are going to be replaceable, and how many will be franchise backs? If I own an RB of a team who drafts Corey Clement, I'm not going to care.

It'll be interesting to see the view on these RB's a year from today when people are drafting. Once upon a time, people thought Lache Seastrunk, Isaiah Crowell and Ka'Deem Carey were elite RB prospects.
I want to join a league with people who were excited about those 3. Expect changes in depth charts where next years backs are going. As mentioned maybe 4-5 guys should be locks if they stay healthy. Everyone else is suspect.
10 Team 2 QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 2 Superflex, k, Defense:
PPR, big game bonuses, big play bonuses, high volume bonuses (30 completions, 30 carries, receptions)
Brown Town Band
QB: C. Newton, B. Osweiler
RB: D. Johnson, Ezekiel Elliot
WR: Mike Evans, A. Cooper, Devante Parker
Flex: J. Langford, P. Dorsett
TE: Ebron
Bench: Teddy 2 gloves, Mckinnon, Zeck Zenner, T. Coleman. S. Diggs 2016: 1.01, 2.01, 2.02, 3.01, 4.01. 2017: 4 1sts, 3 2nds

2016 predictions: was too long, here's a link. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=122933&p=1065590#p1065590

TheChicken
Captain
Captain

Re: The 2017 RB class seems loaded...who gets

Postby TheChicken » Sat May 07, 2016 1:19 am

James Rustler wrote:
Cameron Giles wrote:
Jason3123 wrote:Lots of jobs going to be lost a year from now. Honestly I'd be worried about anyone not named Zeke or Gurley. Bell is safe obviously but we'll see how his health goes.
But again, how many of these RB's are going to be replaceable, and how many will be franchise backs? If I own an RB of a team who drafts Corey Clement, I'm not going to care.

It'll be interesting to see the view on these RB's a year from today when people are drafting. Once upon a time, people thought Lache Seastrunk, Isaiah Crowell and Ka'Deem Carey were elite RB prospects.
I want to join a league with people who were excited about those 3. Expect changes in depth charts where next years backs are going. As mentioned maybe 4-5 guys should be locks if they stay healthy. Everyone else is suspect.
Ka'Deem Carey was going 1st RB off the board in Mock Fantasy drafts pretty much until the NFL draft. Crowell only became cheap when he went undrafted and landed on the Browns and Seastrunk was a #drafttwitter favourite and 5 star high school recruit. You've missed the point completely, all three were highly touted at one point in their college career yet as you pointed out none were deemed 'exciting' when the fantasy drafts came around. A similar fate will befall some of these RBs mentioned.
99 problems but your 10 team league ain't one!

James Rustler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby James Rustler » Sat May 07, 2016 1:36 am

What I meant was watch who you get your information from. The DLF guys weren't high on that RB draft class at all, neither were a few others that are off the beaten path. Make no mistake about it, next year is loaded at RB, 2 really good qbs, 2-3 top flight receivers and a ton of defensive ends.
PPR, big game bonuses, big play bonuses, high volume bonuses (30 completions, 30 carries, receptions)
Brown Town Band
Bench: Teddy 2 gloves, Mckinnon, Zeck Zenner, T. Coleman. S. Diggs 2016: 1.01, 2.01, 2.02, 3.01, 4.01. 2017: 4 1sts, 3 2nds

2016 predictions: was too long, here's a link. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=122933&p=1065590#p1065590

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat May 07, 2016 6:23 am

James Rustler wrote:What I meant was watch who you get your information from. The DLF guys weren't high on that RB draft class at all, neither were a few others that are off the beaten path. Make no mistake about it, next year is loaded at RB, 2 really good qbs, 2-3 top flight receivers and a ton of defensive ends.
A TON of people in the community were high on those three. It's easy to dismiss it in hindsight, but at the time, they were very touted. It'll be interesting to see how many of these RB's suffer the same fate for a variety of reasons (measureables, college production, off-field, etc.).

I agree that the top-tier RB's (Fournette, Cook, a healthy Chubb, McCaffrey) are the selling points of next year's class given the current scarcity.

The Fantasy Feud
MVP
MVP

Postby The Fantasy Feud » Sat May 07, 2016 6:39 am

FantasyFreak wrote:

True, forgot to mention him.
Hosts of The Fantasy Feud - Fantasy Football Podcast

https://linktr.ee/thefantasyfeud

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Sat May 07, 2016 6:46 am

James Connor, Jalen Hurd, Samajae Perine, Elijah Hood, Elijah McGuire are all in play for me if I had to take an RB top 15ish. I think this talent at RB will push players like Mike Williams and Evan Ingram down maybe out of top 10
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat May 07, 2016 6:51 am

Cherokee wrote:James Connor, Jalen Hurd, Samajae Perine, Elijah Hood, Elijah McGuire are all in play for me if I had to take an RB top 15ish. I think this talent at RB will push players like Mike Williams and Evan Ingram down maybe out of top 10
Really? I figure most would take Mike Williams over any of the playes you just named.

James Rustler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby James Rustler » Sat May 07, 2016 6:58 am

Cherokee wrote:James Connor, Jalen Hurd, Samajae Perine, Elijah Hood, Elijah McGuire are all in play for me if I had to take an RB top 15ish. I think this talent at RB will push players like Mike Williams and Evan Ingram down maybe out of top 10
Don't forget about Lance Dunbar, Christine Michael and Ronnie Hillman. Don't known what I'll do if those guys lose their job. My entire dynasty career is on the line..
Brown Town Band

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Sat May 07, 2016 7:12 am

Cameron Giles wrote:
Really? I figure most would take Mike Williams over any of the playes you just named.
Ive seen a lot of leagues get crazy after 3 or 4 rbs go at the top. The rb flood gates open. It happened last year in my ESPN league where Matt Jones was picked over DGB, Perriman and Dorsett
Last edited by Cherokee on Sat May 07, 2016 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

DrNoish
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DrNoish » Sat May 07, 2016 7:42 am

Cameron Giles wrote:
I will be! But I've also been waiting for Perine for a couple years already as an OU homer so who knows how all that'll work out. Just like the years spent waiting for Gurley.
12 Team PPR 1QB - 1RB - 1WR - 2RB/WR - 1TE

KUPP the Balls
QB- Herbert, Hurts, Newton
RB- Montgomery, RoJo, Lindsay, Michel, Gurley, Vaughn, Foreman
WR- Lamb, Hopkins, Beckham, Metcalf, Cooks
TE- Kelce, Ertz
Picks 1.11, 2.04, 2022 1st

The Fantasy Feud
MVP
MVP

Postby The Fantasy Feud » Sat May 07, 2016 8:36 am

Dupree will be a monster in the league.
Hosts of The Fantasy Feud - Fantasy Football Podcast

https://linktr.ee/thefantasyfeud

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sat May 07, 2016 9:03 am

I'm a big fan of Jalen Hurd. Very excited to see if he continues to develop at Tennessee. If he does I think he can be a souped up version of Derrick Henry. I think he could be a high-end NFL starter that teams don't take off the field unless he's tired.