General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Jordan Matthews

Postby heyfeefellskee » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:05 pm

Mangelo wrote:
heyfeefellskee wrote:
Mangelo wrote:The 3rd round adp this summer for a not very good football player was perplexing. I guess that comes down a bit now.
I'd be happy to spend a 3rd on a not very good football player that had a record-setting in the SEC. If I can get him for less, it's robbery.
It's your hand if you wanna catch the falling knife. Today's practice report:
-- Chase Daniel had a solid day. I’ve focused most of my attention on Sam Bradford and Carson Wentz – for obvious reasons – but Daniel has been consistent throughout the four open OTA practices. He has surprising arm strength – “surprising” only because I’ve underestimated it based on his height – and can fit the ball into difficult spots. Daniel’s best toss came when he spotted Josh Huff racing down the sideline on perhaps his second or third read. He zinged a 25-yard pass between defenders in the zone just before Huff got his toes down inbounds. Daniel has been the most effective of the quarterbacks – or so it has seemed – checking in and of plays. He audibled on one snap and Jordan Matthews didn’t know the new call. The receiver didn’t matter in the play, so Daniel gave him a call that told Matthews to run a dummy route. Daniel then went the other way to Chris Givens, who was singled up against rookie cornerback Jalen Mills. Daniel floated a fade that Givens ran under for a touchdown.
Ahh, the season of players stock skyrocketing or plummeting based on the day's beat writer report... I forgot how crazy it can get.

Put as much stock in that as you want, my friend. It's June. You must be new if you aren't used to reports like this.

rock-hammerson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rock-hammerson » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:48 pm

All just little breadcrumbs man. You decide if you want to follow the trail or not!
10 team ppr 32 man rosters when season starts. 1QB- 2RB- 3WR- 1TE- 2Flex and k/def
QB- Luck, Winston, Glennon
RB- Gurley, Lynch, J. Howard, Gore, Rawls, Prosise, CJ Anderson, J. Williams(BUF), Lasco, DJ Foster, M. Brown, Perkins
WR- OBJ, Hopkins, Evans, Michael Thomas, Pryor, Gordon, Snead, Latimer, Mitchell, Spruce, Turner, K. Bell, Billingsly, Carter, Campanaro
TE- Gronkowski, Rudolph, M. Williams, Swoope, Gathers
K- Gostkowski
DST- Carolina

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:52 pm

Not many receivers have starts to their careers like Matthews. We know his floor..and players are allowed to improve in Year 3. I know that's taboo these days to not produce right away, but it happens. And Matthews has produced. He will continue to produce, and more likely than not at a higher level.

John Paul
Role Player
Role Player

Postby John Paul » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:06 pm

Proud owner.
10 Team PPR Dynasty (2012 Startup) 2018 1st 2019 2nd 2021 2nd

QB: Matt Stafford(Trade '22), Kirk Cousins(Trade '22), Baker Mayfield(Trade '22)
RB: Jonathan Taylor(Trade '21), ETN(trade '22), Breece Hall(1.02 '22), Deon Jackson (WW '23), Michael Carter (trade '23)
WR: Drake London (Trade '23), Jahan Dotson (Trade "23), Allen Robinson (Trade '22), Brandin Cooks (Trade '23), John Metchie III(2.02 "23), Rondale Moore(Trade '21), Kyle Philips(4.05 '22), Curtis Samuel (Trade '23)
TE: Kyle Pitts(Trade '22), Logan Thomas (WW "23)
LB: Logan Wilson (WW '22), Zaire Franklin (WW'23), Matt Judon (WW '23)
DB: M Fitzpatrick (WW '22), I Simmons (WW "23), Jamal Adams (WW "23)
DL: Chase Young(3.08/'20), Aidan Hutchinson (WW "23)

2023: 1.05, 1.06, 1.07, 1.08, 2.04
2024: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2
2025: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:22 pm

very proud owner in over half of my leagues (10+)

if you just accept him for what he is, which is a solid wr2, you wont be let down and can be very happy with him. but because most ppl here are constantly after the next huge thing and obliged to fail most of the time they just cant accept him for what he is so they hate on him
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

rock-hammerson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rock-hammerson » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:48 pm

Wr2 isnt a bad way to veiw him. I just feel like people are expecting him to make a leap that I don't see happening. Say there is some truth to these reports and he can't play as an outside reciever then the team will eventually find someone more versatile. That would dampen his fantasy outlook quite a bit.
10 team ppr 32 man rosters when season starts. 1QB- 2RB- 3WR- 1TE- 2Flex and k/def
RB- Gurley, Lynch, J. Howard, Gore, Rawls, Prosise, CJ Anderson, J. Williams(BUF), Lasco, DJ Foster, M. Brown, Perkins
WR- OBJ, Hopkins, Evans, Michael Thomas, Pryor, Gordon, Snead, Latimer, Mitchell, Spruce, Turner, K. Bell, Billingsly, Carter, Campanaro
K- Gostkowski
DST- Carolina

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:16 pm

yeah they will totally just throw away a wr thats not even 24 and has a better 2 year run to start a career than all but maybe like 10 or 15 guys in history because he cant play outside? wtf are you ppl saying. hes a solid slot receiver. why is it a huge thing if he cant play on the outside? until they have a few guys can put up numbers on the outside (and thats not gonna be for at least 2 years) he is very relevant. i dont get why you ppl are acting like its the end of the world if he cant play outside that well.
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:08 am

Talk about bad reporting, here's the full article:

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2016 ... eader.html
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

rock-hammerson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rock-hammerson » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:14 am

kmbryant09 wrote:Talk about bad reporting, here's the full article:

That's a bit different then the beat story, but it's still basically saying hes projected to be used more in the slot. Either way, i still don't see him taking a huge jump in production.
K- Gostkowski
DST- Carolina

Cleats
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Cleats » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:36 am

kmbryant09 wrote:Talk about bad reporting, here's the full article:

Good find. I'm not sure why so many are down on Jmatt. He's had quite the impressive start to his career for a guy who can't do much.

Chip Kelly wanted him in the slot so obviously he can't play outside. He'll never improve on his numbers so its best to cut him loose on the cheap now. :thumbup:

Be careful what HOF coaches like Chip do to run an offense and bad reporting bread crumbs you follow, especially in June OTA's, sometimes they turn out to be soggy. :thumbdown:

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:07 am

Football Focus' Neil Hornsby speculates Jordan Matthews could see around 200 fewer snaps this season if he is not able to secure a role on the outside.
New coach Doug Pederson attempted to use Matthews on the outside during OTAs, but it appears that experiment has already come to an unsuccessful end. "He’s better inside," Pederson said, "because he’s got that big body and he knows how to use it in space." If Pederson is uncomfortable playing Matthews outside, it could seriously limit his role in an offense which will employ a lot fewer three-wide looks than Chip Kelly did last season. Matthews has to establish himself on the perimeter to have any shot at WR3 value.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:14 am

georg013 wrote:Football Focus' Neil Hornsby speculates Jordan Matthews could see around 200 fewer snaps this season if he is not able to secure a role on the outside.
New coach Doug Pederson attempted to use Matthews on the outside during OTAs, but it appears that experiment has already come to an unsuccessful end. "He’s better inside," Pederson said, "because he’s got that big body and he knows how to use it in space." If Pederson is uncomfortable playing Matthews outside, it could seriously limit his role in an offense which will employ a lot fewer three-wide looks than Chip Kelly did last season. Matthews has to establish himself on the perimeter to have any shot at WR3 value.
Here's the full quote: "Jordan, he's been good on the outside," Eagles head coach Doug Pederson said Friday. "He's better inside because he's got that big body and he knows how to sort of use it in space. One thing that he can do, particularly in tight areas, is separate from man-to-man type coverages. That's one thing we've seen [from him] this spring from the slot position. Again, he's a position-versatile guy that you can move around.

"Our receivers, in this offense, are going to have to know multiple spots. They are going to have to know an outside spot and an inside spot because we move them around so much by formation. I've been excited about him and his work ethic and the way he challenges his room and his guys each and every day out there on the field."

This sounds like a whole lot of praise to me. I read it as "He's good everywhere, versatile, and at his best inside due to the size advantage he offers. We are looking for versatility, and he brings it. Plus he's being a great leader to the other WRs."
Go ahead and read it how you want. Maybe you interpret Peterson's quotes as: "He can only play inside because I said he is good there, even though I just flipping told you stupid beat reporters that my WRs will move around a lot; that's up to you morons. Go ahead and limit what you publish about my quote to make it sound like I said he can't play outside."

I don't know why I even type this. Keep Matthews' value plummeting is what I should be rooting for. Beware putting your faith in limited quotes from beat writers.

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:15 am

knotts4372 wrote:yeah they will totally just throw away a wr thats not even 24 and has a better 2 year run to start a career than all but maybe like 10 or 15 guys in history because he cant play outside?
His first two seasons aren't even top 15 in the last 15 years.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:18 am

Valhalla wrote: I don't know why I even type this. Keep Matthews' value plummeting is what I should be rooting for. Beware putting your faith in limited quotes from beat writers.
June 2015 ADP: 29.83
June 2016 ADP: 31.67

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:20 am

The Eagles threw 1244 passes in 2014 and 2015 (4th-most in the league). Matthews finished as WR24 and WR31, respectively, in PPR points per game.

Under Doug Peterson in 2014 and 2015, the Chiefs threw 966 passes in 2014 and 2015 (2nd-fewest in the league).