DLF Podcast

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: DLF Podcast

Postby Bot101 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:05 am

Loved the podcast today. Loved seeing my leaguemate darkadun get his thread featured!Even though his name was mispronounced :lol:

dlf_tomk
Starter
Starter

Postby dlf_tomk » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:38 am

I also loved the idea of answering questions and discussing topics from these forums.

I was just sad that no-one even mentioned the IDP forum. :(

Continually amazes me that 80% people ignore half of the sport of football in fantasy.
IDP guy from England. Bashes out articles with dodgy graphs

@TomDegenerate

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

DLF Podcast

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:49 am

TomK27 wrote:Continually amazes me that 80% people ignore half of the sport of football in fantasy.
It indeed is incredible. That and focus on 1QB...'Hey, let's talk RB and WRs because they're all that matter! But wait, I only really value WRs, so let's focus on them specifically!'

While fantasy brought added value to football, it is a contributor to why the league adjusted to be more offensive, and made many 'hardcore' fans incredibly stupid and annoying since all they care about is their fantasy outcome. Well, that and social media, which gave every idiot a voice...

While I'm at it, don't get me started on 'Redraft Superstars'. The guys who don't know their bleep from a blanket when talking football but are hardcore into it and amazed and wonder who a David Johnson even is when he breaks out. I can't even touch redraft anymore. No trades. Short benches. Limited planning. Yet everyone is a know-it-all.

Yeah, it's Friday, I should be more positive...

dlf_tomk
Starter
Starter

Postby dlf_tomk » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:09 am

FiremanEd wrote:... made many 'hardcore' fans incredibly stupid and annoying since all they care about is their fantasy outcome...
This is a really interesting point I've been debating recently.

My contention is the average UK NFL fan is more 'hardcore' than the average US one because over here it's tough to like the sport. People want to tell you at all times that it's a terrible sport. And it's harder to seek out content. It certainly doesn't find you. So to be a fan you really have to want it. But in the US it's so de rigeur that 90% of people just fall into it. It's easy to think you know loads about football because it's everywhere.

Added to that the majority of Americans think that non-Americans don't really understand the game. They tend to think we don't know much and are a bit surprised when it turns out we know our A gap from our H-back. Listen to the Aussie Guys season preview pods for good examples. Every guest they have tends to think they're poor schmucks who don't know anything.

Way off topic but an interesting sub-debate I feel.

@TomDegenerate

gkritikos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gkritikos » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:06 am

Hey guys,

Appreciate the feedback on the episode. I always enjoy reading the forum posts (although I can never keep up!) so I wanted to share a few on the show. Definitely plan to do it again on some future episodes. Next time, I'll reach out with a post to get some suggestions.

As for the IDP side, I agree that it is not covered by non-specific podcasts nearly as well as it should be. I hope to get another one in before the season starts to coincide with a regular episode (think of the post-draft week). Maybe there we could mine the IDP forum side!

Again, thanks for the input. Also, I know the pain of getting my name pronounced wrong so I felt terrible trying to read them off.

George
Find me on Twitter @Rotohack

dlf_tomk
Starter
Starter

Postby dlf_tomk » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:29 am

dlf_georgek wrote:As for the IDP side, I agree that it is not covered by non-specific podcasts nearly as well as it should be. I hope to get another one in before the season starts to coincide with a regular episode (think of the post-draft week). Maybe there we could mine the IDP forum side!

Again, thanks for the input. Also, I know the pain of getting my name pronounced wrong so I felt terrible trying to read them off.

George
I'll be listening out for it George. Respeck for doing it in the first place as well as checking in

@TomDegenerate

gkritikos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gkritikos » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:29 am

TomK27 wrote:
dlf_georgek wrote:As for the IDP side, I agree that it is not covered by non-specific podcasts nearly as well as it should be. I hope to get another one in before the season starts to coincide with a regular episode (think of the post-draft week). Maybe there we could mine the IDP forum side!

George
I'll be listening out for it George. Respeck for doing it in the first place as well as checking in
Appreciate that Tom. Do my best to keep a pulse on what everyone is interested in hearing. So many great minds in here and I always feel like I'm learning. I'm just very fortunate to write and podcast for DLF so I always feel like I owe it to everyone in here to promote/produce great content.
Find me on Twitter @Rotohack

DrNoish
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DrNoish » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:49 pm

finally subscribed to this podcast.
12 Team PPR 1QB - 1RB - 1WR - 2RB/WR - 1TE

KUPP the Balls
QB- Herbert, Hurts, Newton
RB- Montgomery, RoJo, Lindsay, Michel, Gurley, Vaughn, Foreman
WR- Lamb, Hopkins, Beckham, Metcalf, Cooks
TE- Kelce, Ertz
Picks 1.11, 2.04, 2022 1st

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:12 am

An upcoming episode of the DLF podcast will feature many questions from the forums. Ask away (at this link): viewtopic.php?f=5&t=125252
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:33 am

Damn...I never figured anyone ever READ what we posted here!
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks