Introduction

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Introduction

Postby dlf_jules » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:12 am

Welcome to the forums! This post is a good place to get started: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=92756

If you like, you can put your teams in your signature (though you may want to omit kickers and defenses). Here's the link for editing your signature: ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:31 am

Also good to know is that there are 2 warring factions: The Metrics & Draft Pedigree faction, and the Film Study faction. There are a few in Switzerland.

You'll pick up pretty quickly who's who.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:14 am

Telperion wrote:Also good to know is that there are 2 warring factions: The Metrics & Draft Pedigree faction, and the Film Study faction. There are a few in Switzerland.

:lol:

DrNoish
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DrNoish » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:29 am

Telperion wrote:Also good to know is that there are 2 warring factions: The Metrics & Draft Pedigree faction, and the Film Study faction. There are a few in Switzerland.

Haha well played.

Welcome to the forums Loh! I'm going to pretend I didn't see that trade and just judge you on the top half of your post.
Last edited by DrNoish on Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team PPR 1QB - 1RB - 1WR - 2RB/WR - 1TE

KUPP the Balls
QB- Herbert, Hurts, Newton
RB- Montgomery, RoJo, Lindsay, Michel, Gurley, Vaughn, Foreman
WR- Lamb, Hopkins, Beckham, Metcalf, Cooks
TE- Kelce, Ertz
Picks 1.11, 2.04, 2022 1st

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:48 am

I just want to caution everyone to not turn this thread into a flame war. No one's said anything out of line, but when people are mentioned by name, things can escalate quickly.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

HawkeyeState
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby HawkeyeState » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:51 am

Oh man. Evans and DT for Langford, JGordon and if not reinstated Ladarius Green. Yikes.

But hey welcome to the forums. Were here to help you not make huge overpay trades like that one.
Team 1
10 TM .5 PPR, 6 pt all TDs 1/2/3/1/2Flex
Newton, Rivers
LF, Chubb, Michel, Kerryon, Hyde, AJones, Royce F, Crowell
Adams, Cooper, Alshon, Watkins, ARob, Fuller, Doctson, Funchess, Gallup, Pettis, Valdez-Scant
Gronk, HHenry, Engram
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 2
10 TM 1/2/3/1/1Flex 6pt all TDs .25 PPR RB, .5 PPR WR, 1 PPR TE
Wilson, Big Ben
Bell, JConner, MMack, Shady, CThompson, D'Onta Foreman, C Edmonds, B Scarborough
Julio, Nuk, Fuller, Cooks, ARob, Watkins, Cooper, SShepard, CDavis, DJ Chark
Kelce, Olsen, Andrews
1.09, 2.09, 3.09, 4.09, 5.09

Team 3
10 team, 0.5 PPR RBs WRs, 1 PPR TEs, Devy Superflex League
Carr, Goff, Falk
Barkley, Dalvin, Mixon, Michel, Ballage, MDavis, Dixon, Akers*
Hopkins, JuJu, Watkins, Fuller, Agholor, Moncrief, EQSB, Valdez-Scant, CRogers
Eifert, Ebron, JJames, JCook
1.02, 2.02, 2.06, 3.04

Played against David Johnson in HS, he was a stud back then too

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:00 am

For the record I play for all the warring factions. I am like a mercenary with no allegiance. Kinda like the "boba fett" of this forum.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:13 am

please allow me to introduce my self I am man a of film study and irreverent word plays
I make fun of the metrics & the saints
hope you guessed my name
just call me CC
people sometimes block me &
think I am in need of restraint .

welcome to the forums and I apologize in advance if I make fun of any opinions or theories you make have but hey contrarion is in the name .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Bad News Barrett
MVP
MVP

Postby Bad News Barrett » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:15 pm

clarion contrarion wrote:please allow me to introduce my self I am man a of film study and irreverent word plays
I make fun of the metrics & the saints
hope you guessed my name
just call me CC
people sometimes block me &
think I am in need of restraint .

welcome to the forums and I apologize in advance if I make fun of any opinions or theories you make have but hey contrarion is in the name .
Clarion is a man of few punctuations. Im Barrett and I am of the Lannister family (Draft Pedigree). Have you met Coogan? He posts a lot of emojis :D
Finally on Twitter @dynastybarrett

"I'm afraid I've got some bad news"

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:29 pm

Welcome to the forum. It's a great place to talk all things football but nothing else.

My preferences are Superflex, IDP, and I look down on anyone who's not willing to try them because they are different but vastly superior. I also make quick judgments and ask your forgiveness if I take time to warm up to your opinions after seeing the trade you rejected and the one you completed. I couldn't view either of them more opposite. Doesn't mean i'm right. Only time will tell, which makes dynasty a beautiful thing.

Hope you enjoy the discussions!

Bad News Barrett
MVP
MVP

Postby Bad News Barrett » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:31 pm

FiremanEd wrote:Welcome to the forum. It's a great place to talk all things football but nothing else.

My preferences are Superflex, IDP, and I look down on anyone who's not willing to try them because they are different but vastly superior. I also make quick judgments and ask your forgiveness if I take time to warm up to your opinions after seeing the trade you rejected and the one you completed. I couldn't view either of them more opposite. Doesn't mean i'm right. Only time will tell, which makes dynasty a beautiful thing.

Hope you enjoy the discussions!
I stepped out of my comfort zone and joined a contract superflex league with some forum members. Not gonna lie, I don't think contract leagues are for me but I like the superflex concept. I love IDP
Finally on Twitter @dynastybarrett

"I'm afraid I've got some bad news"

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:40 pm

Never done a contract league, but that's more time commitment related currently than anything else. It would be a whole different challenge. Reality Sports seems like it's got a good system for the whole thing I hope to give a whirl in the future.

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:20 pm

Welcome. I'm also relatively new to the forums, compared to these guys at least. I play mostly in FFPC format, PPR with 1.5 TE PPR 1 QB/2 RB/2 WR/1 TE/2 (RB/WR/TE). I'm also in a Superflex that's been going on for 6 years. I guess if I belonged anywhere it would be the film study. I go off what I see in terms of talent and how the team uses that talent. I don't believe in the "experts" or "gurus" other than entertainment purposes. I too am a bold player and make plenty of questionable trades to get "my guy"; Langford is not one of my guys.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:01 am

my real hesitation on langford is will the new OC use him the way gase would have w/o forte being around . He ran the ball OK and looked great the couple times I watched him play catching the ball but if the new OC divies up the workload then he may not be a bellcow type . I am interested in adding kadeem carey if I own langford or the rb they add in the draft if they do add one.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:23 am

Somebody with the Bears, can't recall who, is on record saying they like what they have in Langford and Carey. I'd much rather have Langford, but I don't see bellcow usage.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1