Ridley signing with Detroit

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Ridley signing with Detroit

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:56 am

Interested to see how that works out him, Abdullah and Riddick. Probably leaves Zenner out.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Ridley signing with Detroit

Postby Phaded » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:57 am

I think you're spot on about it hurting Zenner.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:00 pm

I'm not sure Ridley is scaring anyone

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:01 pm

I wanna shop Ridley now. Is this a case of getting anything you can out of him and being happy with it? Maybe a 3rd?

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:03 pm

I would be happy to get anything for Ridley. He won't be more than depth for DET and now is the time to sell before he fades back into obscurity.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:10 pm

Zenner > Ridley. And it's not close.
pokerface40 wrote:Is this a case of getting anything you can out of him and being happy with it? Maybe a 3rd?
A 3rd would be robbery. For the guy getting the 3.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:13 pm

slaughterrt wrote:I would be happy to get anything for Ridley. He won't be more than depth for DET and now is the time to sell before he fades back into obscurity.
+1
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Fantasyfanatic11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Fantasyfanatic11 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:14 pm

Yup, sell for anything you can at this point
16 team PPR
QB: Herbert Purdy Garoppolo Winston
RB: Chubb Bijan Kamara White Singletary Gainwell CEH Penny
WR: Cooper Moore Dotson Beckham Mooney Mingo Renfrow
TE: LaPorta Kittle Waller

16 Team PPR
QB: Herbert
RB: A.Jones Elliott Spears Gainwell Fournette
WR: Kupp Olave M.Williams Flowers OBJ Dotson Johnston Palmer Claypool
TE: LaPorta Schultz Njoku

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:19 pm

ninotoreS wrote:Zenner > Ridley. And it's not close.
pokerface40 wrote:Is this a case of getting anything you can out of him and being happy with it? Maybe a 3rd?
A 3rd would be robbery. For the guy getting the 3.
While I can understand the dislike for Ridley, I don't see how Zenner is that much better and its not close.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:57 pm

I'm not convinced Ridley will do anything this year, but to act like he's clearly worse than Zenner is foolish.

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:29 pm

I completely disagree that Zenner is in any way clearly better than Ridley. Ridley has at least shown that he can be a productive back in the NFL, Zenner hasn't shown anything yet.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:23 pm

I don't see Zenner becoming a starter this year. He's coming off a big injury and this will be a new offense for him given that Cooter didn't take over until after Zenner went out with injury. We all know Riddick isn't getting early down work. It comes down to whether you believe Abdullah can hold off Ridley. Its possible that Ridley doesn't have anything left, but he's only 27 and doesn't have a lot of wear on his tires. It's also possible that Abdullah could figure some things out and make Ridley redundant. I think he's worth a shot though.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:49 pm

ericanadian wrote:I don't see Zenner becoming a starter this year. He's coming off a big injury and this will be a new offense for him given that Cooter didn't take over until after Zenner went out with injury. We all know Riddick isn't getting early down work. It comes down to whether you believe Abdullah can hold off Ridley. Its possible that Ridley doesn't have anything left, but he's only 27 and doesn't have a lot of wear on his tires. It's also possible that Abdullah could figure some things out and make Ridley redundant. I think he's worth a shot though.
What if Ridley (probably not) and Abdullah are both good? Riddick is obviously their best pass catcher, but he's an awful runner. Abdullah is a pretty good receiver out the backfield, so Riddick could be limited from last year's numbers. He's too one-dimensional.

But you're right, this could go a number of ways. Abdullah is the only one of the three under contract after next season, so I think Detroit is going to hope for a lot from him early.

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:00 pm

Detroit now has the slowest backfield in the NFL.

Zenner has always been a long shot, but Ridley had for all practical purposes only one good season in NE. It's really anybody's guess who runs with the opportunity.

My guess is Abdullah gets first crack at early down work with Ridley/Zenner as backup, with Riddick on passing downs. When he needs a breather, Ridley/Zenner take early downs with Abdullah on passing downs.

If Abdullah blows it though, I'd foresee a full early down timeshare.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:23 pm

PhadedCN wrote: While I can understand the dislike for Ridley, I don't see how Zenner is that much better and its not close.
Stevan Ridley hasn't looked like a good pro football player since 2013. I'm amazed anyone here even bothered to keep him rostered all of 2015.

Zenner has potential to be something, maybe; Ridley does not.
Telperion wrote:Detroit now has the slowest backfield in the NFL.

Zenner has always been a long shot, but Ridley had for all practical purposes only one good season in NE. It's really anybody's guess who runs with the opportunity.

My guess is Abdullah gets first crack at early down work with Ridley/Zenner as backup, with Riddick on passing downs. When he needs a breather, Ridley/Zenner take early downs with Abdullah on passing downs.

If Abdullah blows it though, I'd foresee a full early down timeshare.
I think Abdullah owners only need to worry about Riddick catching 80 passes again. Abdullah had three bell-cow years in college, and perceived change-of-pace-only RBs aren't drafted 54th overall. Lions selected Abdullah thinking he can be a 3-down player. If he improves his pass-protection this year and quits fumbling, Lions will give him the preferred opportunity to become the lead-back.

Zenner is a SPARQey upside flier / handcuff for Abdullah owners.

Ridley is nothing.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE