Whats up with Alf Morris

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Whats up with Alf Morris

Postby Coogan Football » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:41 am

PhadedCN wrote:Cannot wait to watch and laugh at what people give for him now.
Lol exactly, I bet DMC still outplays him and keeps the bulk of the early snaps.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

eNdblu
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eNdblu » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:42 am

JFever wrote:

Just declined an offer of Alf & Fleener for my 1.08 in a 16 team ppr league. I'm weak at qb and real weak at rb and - thin and old at TE. I can totally see why the offer was sent as it does make sense / addresses my roster's needs kinda, but... i'm about 2 years away from really contending. Afraid Alf isn't the answer in a situation like that. I've never been an Alf Morris fan. Not that I know him personally. Just commenting on his skill set.
Looked like a pretty fair offer, IMO.. Even if you're 2+ years away, I would have considered accepting because of Fleener now being a Saint and see about flipping Morris to a contender when injuries start to pile up.
16tm SC w/ tiered PPR (0.25/0.5/1.0) 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLX
QB - Burrow(2), Tannehill(1)
RB - Taylor(2), Williams(3), Gibson(2), Dillon(2)
WR - Godwin(5), Metcalf(1), Pittman(2), Mingo(5), Boutte(5), Metchie(4), Renfrow(1), Mims(3)
TE - Kelce(1), Pitts(3), Kincaid(5), Njoku(3), Gesicki(5), Thomas[WSH](2)

16tm TE PPR Prem 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2OFLX 1DL 2LB 1DB 1DFLX
QB - Murray, Winston
RB - CEH, Penny, Sanders, Mattison, Wilson
WR - Hill, McLaurin, Jeudy, JuJu, Ridley, Edwards, Ruggs
TE - Goedert, Johnson[NOS]
DL - Young LB - Kirksey, Tranquill, Walker[GB], Walker[ATL] DB - Sneed

eNdblu
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eNdblu » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:45 am

bcoogan23 wrote:
Lol exactly, I bet DMC still outplays him and keeps the bulk of the early snaps.
http://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2016/03 ... r-cowboys/
McFadden has never run well in a zone-blocking scheme. This was such an issue that mid-year, Dallas switched to a power-gap scheme that correlated to McFadden’s quickness through the hole while limiting exposure to his lack of lateral agility. Morris, on the other hand, is suited for the ZBS based on his vision and one-cut ability. He’s already succeeded in the scheme, rushing for just under 2,900 yards with 20 touchdowns his first two seasons in the league under then Washington head coach Mike Shanahan.

While his totals were inflated by sharing a backfield with a running threat greater than himself, quarterback Robert Griffin III, it’s a fair assumption Morris will fit in nicely with the Cowboys preferred system.
Be interesting to see what DAL does with their blocking scheme this upcoming season.
16tm SC w/ tiered PPR (0.25/0.5/1.0) 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3FLX
QB - Burrow(2), Tannehill(1)
RB - Taylor(2), Williams(3), Gibson(2), Dillon(2)
WR - Godwin(5), Metcalf(1), Pittman(2), Mingo(5), Boutte(5), Metchie(4), Renfrow(1), Mims(3)
TE - Kelce(1), Pitts(3), Kincaid(5), Njoku(3), Gesicki(5), Thomas[WSH](2)

16tm TE PPR Prem 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2OFLX 1DL 2LB 1DB 1DFLX
QB - Murray, Winston
RB - CEH, Penny, Sanders, Mattison, Wilson
WR - Hill, McLaurin, Jeudy, JuJu, Ridley, Edwards, Ruggs
TE - Goedert, Johnson[NOS]
DL - Young LB - Kirksey, Tranquill, Walker[GB], Walker[ATL] DB - Sneed

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:56 am

Cameron Giles wrote:
It was funny when people were giving away 1sts for Joseph Randle
To be fair, Morris has actually produced at the NFL level. And, also, he seems to be...well...sane.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

TheChicken
Captain
Captain

Postby TheChicken » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:59 am

Is anyone with more knowledge of Zone Blocking Schemes, the Cowboys and chop blocking able to enlighten me if the new 'all chop blocking is illegal' rule will affect the Cowboys and Alf (or RunDMC or Dunbar or whoever)?
99 problems but your 10 team league ain't one!

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:08 am

Dookmariot wrote:
Cameron Giles wrote:
It was funny when people were giving away 1sts for Joseph Randle
To be fair, Morris has actually produced at the NFL level. And, also, he seems to be...well...sane.
Agreed, I actually like Morris. My big things with him is his gradual decline and lacking receiving versatility

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:09 am

bcoogan23 wrote:
why exactly is that ALF had a few decent games last year and DMC looked like complete vomit for 3 years before leaving oakland and looked half way capable at times in dallas . I don't see see ALF tearing up the league like his rookie year or even 2013 but to say the 30 year old carcass of DMC will be better is a stretch by any means , DMC improved his YPC from 3 straight years at 3.4 or lower to 4.6 & that was w/o romo threatening defenses down the field for most of the season . If ALF does the same he will be back to 5.0 YPC. Plus dallas will run a guy into the ground which seems to be right up ALF's workhorse mentality never DMC's strong suite. In the games(7) last season he got 15 or > carries he had 134 carries for 561 yards ...... that would put him around 1275 yards ... yes please
I say he is a good bet to double DMC totals in both carries attempts and TDs next season and in the league I traded a future 2nd last season to get him for stretch depth , I am thrilled to own his rights whether I maximize the value or keep him remains to be seen by what type of offers I field.
I rarely root for guys that aren't steelers but ALF is a guy I root for as with the horrible labor deal the players signed has been an albatross around ALF'S neck no one has been more underpaid in the league and when it was time to play for a contract he split time with matt jones costing him millions he had already earned . Even if I didn't own him anywhere I would be rooting for him to crush the redskins twice year for about 300 yards and 4 tds. Considering how many millions that idiot owner threw away the fact he didn't tear up ALF's deal and pay him after his 2nd year is disgusting.
Last edited by clarion contrarion on Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:13 am

^^^^ agreed.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

Toltec
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Toltec » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:17 am

I couldn't get an early second rounder for him this offseason. Happy I couldn't.

DrNoish
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DrNoish » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:32 am

[quote="clarion contrarion"][/quote]

Completely agree
12 Team PPR 1QB - 1RB - 1WR - 2RB/WR - 1TE

KUPP the Balls
QB- Herbert, Hurts, Newton
RB- Montgomery, RoJo, Lindsay, Michel, Gurley, Vaughn, Foreman
WR- Lamb, Hopkins, Beckham, Metcalf, Cooks
TE- Kelce, Ertz
Picks 1.11, 2.04, 2022 1st

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:56 am

Epic and righteous rant from CC!

:clap:
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Death_From_Above
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Death_From_Above » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:03 am

Dookmariot wrote:Epic and righteous rant from CC!

:clap:
spot on

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:04 am

clarion contrarion wrote:Even if I didn't own him anywhere I would be rooting for him to crush the redskins twice year for about 300 yards and 4 tds.
per game, or per season?

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:04 am

eNdblu wrote:
JFever wrote:

Just declined an offer of Alf & Fleener for my 1.08 in a 16 team ppr league. I'm weak at qb and real weak at rb and - thin and old at TE. I can totally see why the offer was sent as it does make sense / addresses my roster's needs kinda, but... i'm about 2 years away from really contending. Afraid Alf isn't the answer in a situation like that. I've never been an Alf Morris fan. Not that I know him personally. Just commenting on his skill set.
Looked like a pretty fair offer, IMO.. Even if you're 2+ years away, I would have considered accepting because of Fleener now being a Saint and see about flipping Morris to a contender when injuries start to pile up.

I'm not at all saying it wasn't a fair offer. Just not a direction I want to go with the holes I have. The thought about flipping Morris to a contender absolutely crossed my mind. I'm afraid that the flip value of Morris in that league will be quite low and the 1.08 gets me a shot at talented youth that could contribute when I put other pieces together. Fleener with Brees for a year or two is also intriguing. The move just doesn't fit my plan. It is / was fair, and it did show that thought was put into offer considering my team needs which I appreciate. I'm just not a believer in Alfred. Could I be wrong? Sure, its happened before.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:11 pm

Sell baby sell! I have no interest in Morris in PPR,no matter what team he plays for. It took him a 1200/7-8 season to be a low RB2 in WAS. To me he's no more than a boom -bust RB3 in any PPR format. I'd be a bit more intrigued in standard scoring, but I'd rather sell on the allure of landing in DAL.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U