Good news for Ajayi owners!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Litesout13
Captain
Captain

Re: Good news for Ajayi owners!

Postby Litesout13 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:33 pm

heyfeefellskee wrote:
There's a difference between mentioning your personal rankings and presenting your personal rankings as some sort of industry standard, as you seem do above when someone mentioned having Ajayi ranked differently than you had him pre-draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He didnt mention his ranking being different, it was him that made it seem like the industry standard was Ajayi=RB3...I used myself as an example of that not being true because my rankings are not only what I base my opinions on, but they are also the more readily available. Rather than trying to google search for others rankings.

If you find that annoying, sorry I guess? But that likely wont stop. Sorry bud
12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-Flex||Salary Cap=$65mil||My Salary: $61,483,329
QB: Ryan($6.53)-Smith($4.13)-Garoppolo($500k)
RB: Hyde($1.75)-D. Johnson($2.16)-Zeke($1.95)-White($500k)-Turbin($500)
WR: Julio ($8.25)-Thomas($8.18)-Edelman($4.64)-K. Benjamin($3.4)-Parker($1.5)-White($1.5)-Doctson($1.3)-Mitchell($650)
TE: Kelce($1.84)-Green($1.25)-Maxx Williams($500k)
2017: 1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5
2018: 1,2,2,3,4,4,5

12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-2WR-TE-2Flex
QB: R Wilson-Romo-RGIII-Wentz-Dak
RB: Zeke-Martin-Rawls-Hill-Starks-Perkins
WR: Julio-Parker-S Smith-T Williams-Cruz-Fuller
TE: Graham-Fleener-Hooper
2017: 1,2,3,4,5

12 Team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-2FLEX
QB:Rodgers-Tannehill-Wentz-Jimmy G
RB:Jones-JStew-Riddick-Henry-Drake-Sproles-Vereen-Collins
WR:Cooper-TY-Marshall-Snead-Cruz-Williams
TE:Kelce-Ertz-Clay

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:40 pm

Litesout13 wrote:
heyfeefellskee wrote:
There's a difference between mentioning your personal rankings and presenting your personal rankings as some sort of industry standard, as you seem do above when someone mentioned having Ajayi ranked differently than you had him pre-draft.

He didnt mention his ranking being different, it was him that made it seem like the industry standard was Ajayi=RB3...I used myself as an example of that not being true because my rankings are not only what I base my opinions on, but they are also the more readily available. Rather than trying to google search for others rankings.

If you find that annoying, sorry I guess? But that likely wont stop. Sorry bud
I forgive you

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:54 pm

Braggarts around here tick me off as much as anyone, but I'm gonna give Litesout13 the benefit of a doubt because he just admitted that he had David Johnson at RB9, so that doesn't sound to me like he's telling people his personal rankings with a self-important tone.

@heyfeefellskee - Being fair, it reads to me like litesout was mainly responding to the assertion that Ajayi was, quote, "the clear RB3 [in 2015, pre-rumor]". That's not really true, and justly warranted correction for the record.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:07 pm

Foster retired after watching Ajayi steal his job...
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:11 am

I'd like to think Foster mentored Ajayi a bit on being a successful professional in the league these last couple of months. Don't know how much he could teach while being sidelined for most of it, though.

Y'all hear about the gas can Ajayi found in his locker after the Pittsburgh game? With an anonymous note that read "now can you fill it up every single week?" I'd like to think Arian is the one who put it there.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost. ... s-gas-gas/
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:01 am

If Ajayi starts getting a bit more work in the passing game, he should be a weekly low RB1 with upside. As it stands now I'd look at him as an upside RB2.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

SKIN5
Role Player
Role Player

Postby SKIN5 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:46 am

Moving forward, in a total rebuild...is Ajayi a hold or sell?

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:32 am

SKIN5 wrote:Moving forward, in a total rebuild...is Ajayi a hold or sell?
SELL! I generally believe that RBs should be the last component that you add to your roster in a total rebuild due to their volatility and short life span. By the time you enter into your competitive window, at his current usage, Ajayi's knees will be shot. I think Miami would be wise to limit his workload to a more reasonable level. As great as it is to reap the benefits of monster games, I don't think Ajayi will holdup for long toting the rock 25 plus times a game.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:13 pm

Only sell if you can get at least a quality 2017 1st. Don't go pawning him off for a 2nd or something. Ajayi's 23, so he's certainly a logical candidate for a rebuilding roster.

What he just did the last two weeks puts him in Hall of Fame company, and PFF graded him breaking 10 tackles vs the Bills and 4.4 yards after contact. Miami's schedule the rest of the year is tough for Ajayi, but so far as I can tell from these two games, his talent is real. The O-line is suddenly playing better, of course, and is what made the 200 yardage tallies possible, but even without that I'm pretty sure Ajayi would have graded well in these games.
Hottoddies wrote:I don't think Ajayi will holdup for long toting the rock 25 plus times a game.
Plenty of RBs with his physical profile have, though. Up until the age 30 threshold, at least.

I don't buy the bone-on-bone rumor anymore. Actually, I never really did, but now I'm 90% convinced it was straight-up shenanigans by an NFL team or two hoping to get Ajayi on Day 3. A guy playing with no cartilage in his knee will be visibly affected. Ajayi hurt that knee five years ago now, and he's not even wearing a compression sleeve on it. His burst and quickness are as good as ever.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

SKIN5
Role Player
Role Player

Postby SKIN5 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:01 am

ninotoreS wrote:Only sell if you can get at least a quality 2017 1st. Don't go pawning him off for a 2nd or something. Ajayi's 23, so he's certainly a logical candidate for a rebuilding roster.

What he just did the last two weeks puts him in Hall of Fame company, and PFF graded him breaking 10 tackles vs the Bills and 4.4 yards after contact. Miami's schedule the rest of the year is tough for Ajayi, but so far as I can tell from these two games, his talent is real. The O-line is suddenly playing better, of course, and is what made the 200 yardage tallies possible, but even without that I'm pretty sure Ajayi would have graded well in these games.
Hottoddies wrote:I don't think Ajayi will holdup for long toting the rock 25 plus times a game.
Plenty of RBs with his physical profile have, though. Up until the age 30 threshold, at least.

I don't buy the bone-on-bone rumor anymore. Actually, I never really did, but now I'm 90% convinced it was straight-up shenanigans by an NFL team or two hoping to get Ajayi on Day 3. A guy playing with no cartilage in his knee will be visibly affected. Ajayi hurt that knee five years ago now, and he's not even wearing a compression sleeve on it. His burst and quickness are as good as ever.
I was offered a 1st and 2 2nds... this is a devy league so somewhat watered down, but I feel like this is a great return on a guy I couldn't sell for a 3rd a few weeks ago...

Likely mid round picks, but could be lower... with devy essentially a late first and two mid 2nds... thoughts?

Again total rebuild with hyde, ajayi, k benjamin as my only pieces...

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:21 am

In a total rebuild - all RBs are a sell.

SKIN5
Role Player
Role Player

Postby SKIN5 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:40 am

Phaded wrote:
So a 1st and 2 2nds.. in a devy league enough to move him?

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:58 am

SKIN5 wrote:
Phaded wrote:
I don't play in any devy leagues so I wouldn't be the appropriate one to ask about the value of picks in them.
My imagination tells me that most of the top tier guys will already be gone; is that correct?

I would feel like you might be able to get more.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:38 am

SKIN5 wrote:
Phaded wrote:
Not really unless the devy's rostered are atypical...I would want 2 1sts in a devy depleted draft if it is a start 2RB league
I assume Chubb/Fournette/Cook and probably Williams/Davis/Smith-Schuster/Sutton? are all gone? While I like 17 alot that is a ton from the top of that draft and of the rest there are no guarantees any are better than Ajayi. If you can swap him for one of those guys +/- then maybe something to consider

I would look more to trying to acquire a MThomas/Shepard/Moncrief or similar type WR for Ajayi. Or a Doctson/Treadwell+
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

SKIN5
Role Player
Role Player

Postby SKIN5 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:48 am

Thanks.. yea the roughly the top half of the projected 1st round is gone... so essentially the pick is closer to a high 2nd and two high 3rds...