Good news for Ajayi owners!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Good news for Ajayi owners!

Postby heyfeefellskee » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:19 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote:The realistic upside for Ajayi is that he plays well enough toward the end of the year and you flip him for a draft pick before Miami takes Dalvin Cook or whoever.
Please god, no.

Miami would benefit so much more by taking Desean Watson next year and grabbing an RB in the 2nd than keeping Tannehill under center.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:38 am

dlf4lyfe wrote:Ajayi showed some drive last night. He needs to just hangout with Landry, because Landry is the only one on that offense that appears to have any heart. Don't think I'd ever trust starting Ajayi this season, especially with that offense struggling. But he warrants an end of the bench stash imo.
He's on the wire in a couple of my leagues. Could do worse as a free hold and pray.
heyfeefellskee wrote:Miami would benefit so much more by taking Desean Watson next year and grabbing an RB in the 2nd than keeping Tannehill under center.
Not a bad idea, but I think this management team is pretty clueless, so there's no guarantee they're going to do the smart thing.

It was shocking watching Suh last night. It's like you wear teal (the uniforms last night were hideous, by the way) and you lose talent.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:03 am

I think it's fairly clear that the REAL weakness in Miami is their Offensive Line. That line needs an overhaul in a bad way. There is so very little time to throw. The protection last night was horrific. I know Tannehill gets no love around this site but.... in my opinion, very few qb would thrive in that situation.

Ajayi looked good in flashes. He ran strong, protected the ball, and even had a couple nice blocks while asked to help protect. The holes were there a few times. Other times... nothing. Pead looked like a FA waiting to happen. He is a non factor. I was surprised at the lack of involvement with Drake though. And, if Miami actually reaches and tries to draft a RB early in next years draft. They deserve what is coming to them. They will be celler dwellers of their division if they try to reach on a RB unless said rb is a transcendent talent. That certainly doesn't happen often...

It doesn't take a seasoned NFL GM to see that the REAL need here is some football players up front. Their skilled position players in Tannehill, Ajayi, Parker, and Landry are good enough to compete at the NFL level. Their Offensive line is simply preventing that from happening.

This is not a mystery folks.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:19 am

JFever wrote:I think it's fairly clear that the REAL weakness in Miami is their Offensive Line. That line needs an overhaul in a bad way. There is so very little time to throw. The protection last night was horrific. I know Tannehill gets no love around this site but.... in my opinion, very few qb would thrive in that situation.

Ajayi looked good in flashes. He ran strong, protected the ball, and even had a couple nice blocks while asked to help protect. The holes were there a few times. Other times... nothing. Pead looked like a FA waiting to happen. He is a non factor. I was surprised at the lack of involvement with Drake though. And, if Miami actually reaches and tries to draft a RB early in next years draft. They deserve what is coming to them. They will be celler dwellers of their division if they try to reach on a RB unless said rb is a transcendent talent. That certainly doesn't happen often...

It doesn't take a seasoned NFL GM to see that the REAL need here is some football players up front. Their skilled position players in Tannehill, Ajayi, Parker, and Landry are good enough to compete at the NFL level. Their Offensive line is simply preventing that from happening.

This is not a mystery folks.
I agree 100%. Its a shame that people think Tannehill is a bad QB, he might be, but we won't know with that O line. I real under performer is the GM.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:36 am

thebeast wrote: I agree 100%. Its a shame that people think Tannehill is a bad QB, he might be, but we won't know with that O line. I real under performer is the GM.
Probably the best line in the whole thread...GM/Owner maybe some too
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:30 am

maxhyde wrote:
thebeast wrote: I agree 100%. Its a shame that people think Tannehill is a bad QB, he might be, but we won't know with that O line. I real under performer is the GM.
The management is horrific, and you can't think of many trades they've won lately. But to be fair to the line, Tunsil is a great value pick, their second string centre is playing hurt, and Albert is banged up. It's not the best bunch in the league when healthy, but they've had some bad luck as well.

Thing is, is there an O lineman that would justify a top five pick? Johnson of the Seminoles, maybe?
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

1standgoal
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby 1standgoal » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:35 am

maxhyde wrote:
This is a team that earned a loss to the browns but was gifted the win.

That O-line is definitely suspect, it needs help. But Tannehill does certainly suck.
2015 League Champion
12 Team Standard League
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/DEF/K

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:54 am

If Tom Brady was playing behind that line; He'd have retired by now.

Tannehill is lucky to have the limited and sporadic success that he has had. All things considered.

I hate blanket statements like "He Sucks". Far too many varables to even give statements like that any merit. Clearly, he doesn't suck. The GM and owner ship desperately need to get their heads out of their @$$#s.

We don't know if he sucks yet because he really hasn't been given a fair shake. Bottom line.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

snitchinsider
Role Player
Role Player

Postby snitchinsider » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:05 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote:The realistic upside for Ajayi is that he plays well enough toward the end of the year and you flip him for a draft pick before Miami takes Dalvin Cook or whoever.
The realistic upside of Ajayi is that he breaks his leg, gets cut with an injury settlement and starts for a new team next year that is intelligent enough to put some faith in him and put him on the field behind a competent offensive line rather than making him split carries with Damien Williams and Isaiah Pead.

:dance:
Hopkins elitist.
Abdullah apologist.
Ajayi truther.
Bortles drum banger.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:18 pm

Okay, so Ajayi had three good carries last week.

Still needs to do way more before I'll decide to give a crap again. The hole he's dug for himself to start this year is so deep.
snitchinsider wrote:
The realistic upside of Ajayi is that he breaks his leg, gets cut with an injury settlement and starts for a new team next year that is intelligent enough to put some faith in him and put him on the field behind a competent offensive line rather than making him split carries with Damien Williams and Isaiah Pead.

not sure you understand the concept of 'upside'
and starts for a new team next year
or 'realistic'
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:51 pm

ninotoreS wrote:Okay, so Ajayi had three good carries last week.

Still needs to do way more before I'll decide to give a crap again. The hole he's dug for himself to start this year is so deep.
snitchinsider wrote:

not sure you understand the concept of 'upside'
and starts for a new team next year
or 'realistic'
Or emoji use.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:01 am

Does the 'dance' emoji specifically mean 'the previous statement is tripping on acid'? If so, I was not aware.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:18 pm

Yahtzee!
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:24 pm

Is Ajayi actually startable now or is his a fluke? I have not watched any of the game, but he has some good stats and does not look like its flukey. Pitt has a decent run d as far as I know.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:36 pm

He's having a good game. Most RB's have at one time or another. I don't really think this changes anything. The truthers are going to beat their chests, and the nay sayers are going to say it's a fluke.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick