2016 Running Back Report

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: 2016 Running Back Report

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:18 pm

kingknut1991 wrote:Has playerprofiler.com now hidden their breakout ages for running backs behind a paywall? Is there a alternative way to get this information outside of crunching the numbers yourself?
Yeah he confirmed its behind a paywall now, feelsbadman.

knut45
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby knut45 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:52 am

Damn, if you come across the info elsewhere and wouldn't mind passing it on itd be great for my analysis. Any idea of what the equation was? It's more work but may crunch the numbers myself

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:50 am

kingknut1991 wrote:Any idea of what the equation was? It's more work but may crunch the numbers myself
Somebody else had posted it in another thread a while ago. If I'm remembering correctly, when I punched in the numbers myself I didn't get the exact result as on the site but it was close.

knut45
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby knut45 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:35 am

I think ive got a very close approximation for the breakout age formula, it's a case now of running them through for the 2017 class and seeing what comes out. Does anybody know how playerprofiler handles the dominator rating of players who plays a partial season (due to injury)?

I'm interested in knowing if they consider the teams stats for only the games the injured player played or for all the games that season.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:15 pm

So only two guys mention in this report, which back in 2016 was focused solely on predicting future studs.

Interesting that Derrick Henry even made the list given that your summary of him had all these glowing points:
Derrick Henry
Inconsistent pass blocker with inconsistent hands. Looks awkward in open field 1 on 1 situations. Unimaginative downhill runner. Lacks awareness in general. Amazing burst and speed for his size. Sheds upper body tackles easily, lower body not so much. Doesn’t have the vision or agility to hit most cutback lanes. Seems to slip a lot when trying to make sharp cuts. Does display fluid cuts at times [https://youtu.be/skYCa-repmo?t=11m26s] [https://youtu.be/5eEUoeBk3wg?t=6m45s]. Plays like he’s doing what he’s been taught instead of doing what comes naturally. Seemed to show improvement as the season progressed. Seemed to benefit from good blocking. He's a one-trick pony but the trick is really good.
Yet somehow me made Tier 1... not that it was called that way back in 2016.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:31 am

If I'm not mistaken the placement in the tiers is based on the output of DD's model, then he goes and watches tape to make a write up...
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:10 am

Well in fairness his value has been extremely high for the productions. Henry has been and is a bust.. glad I bought him nonwhere ... he is stiff goes down on initial contact bad catcher of the ball all the points dd. Brought out .. I want no part of Henry.
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:06 am

nathanq42 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:31 am If I'm not mistaken the placement in the tiers is based on the output of DD's model, then he goes and watches tape to make a write up...
Correct, they are independent of one another.

Tvols wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:10 am Well in fairness his value has been extremely high for the productions. Henry has been and is a bust.. glad I bought him nonwhere ... he is stiff goes down on initial contact bad catcher of the ball all the points dd. Brought out .. I want no part of Henry.
It depends on how you'd define bust I suppose... Clearly I was never a big fan of his and I was staying away from him at his price point. However, he's still young and put up decent numbers with decent efficiency playing behind Murray. The biggest problem is his lack of usage in the passing game, which appears as if it will prevent him from being productive in sub-par situations (like the first quarter of this season, for example).

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:26 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:06 am
nathanq42 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:31 am If I'm not mistaken the placement in the tiers is based on the output of DD's model, then he goes and watches tape to make a write up...
Correct, they are independent of one another.

Tvols wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:10 am Well in fairness his value has been extremely high for the productions. Henry has been and is a bust.. glad I bought him nonwhere ... he is stiff goes down on initial contact bad catcher of the ball all the points dd. Brought out .. I want no part of Henry.
It depends on how you'd define bust I suppose... Clearly I was never a big fan of his and I was staying away from him at his price point. However, he's still young and put up decent numbers with decent efficiency playing behind Murray. The biggest problem is his lack of usage in the passing game, which appears as if it will prevent him from being productive in sub-par situations (like the first quarter of this season, for example).
Agreed ..
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin