Sick and Tired

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
princevincexoxo

Sick and Tired

Postby princevincexoxo » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:57 pm

Of Jason Campbell being blamed and disrespected for the Redskins FAILURES....he is not given enough credit and he is not the reason why they havent been winning....its been the offensive line, injuries, and coaching....he just tore up the same Saints offense that just shut down the Patriots....Just like Vince Young he is going to be unjustifiably benched, and have his opportunity stripped away from him at no fault of his own.....what does everyone else think?

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:00 pm

I agree to a certain extent but Campbell has had his share of mistakes.

princevincexoxo

Postby princevincexoxo » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:09 pm

Steelersfan wrote:I agree to a certain extent but Campbell has had his share of mistakes.
What QB doesnt though, ya know? Brady Quinn has made his mistakes, Sanchez has made 20+ of them.... for what Campbell has been surrounded with and dealing with....to come out and compete with the Eagles AND Saints like that is nothing short of impressive. Not saying he is exempt of blame...just that he takes the heat for a lot of crap thats not really his fault and still manages to bounce back and compete when called upon this year.....id be pretty upset if he didnt get another shot in WAS or on some other functional organization.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:34 pm

100% agree, Vince. I've said as much before that Campbell is being made the scapegoat on that team and he is a decent QB. There are a lot of problems on that team and Campbell is far from the main one.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:24 pm

He'll start for another team next year. He's a FA. I think the Panthers would LOVE to have him.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:48 pm

As long as Campbell keeps throwing TDs to my man Fred Davis, I am on your side Princevince!

cowboys85
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cowboys85 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:08 pm

kris_kapsner wrote:He'll start for another team next year. He's a FA. I think the Panthers would LOVE to have him.
I agree with that, and I think that Campbell could be a huge surprise FA signing for a team next year. Given the right coaches and surrounding talent, he could put up some real nice numbers. Campbell producing elsewhere would also prove how much of a mess the Redskins really are.
ECFFL (Commissioner) - Mullet Mullitia
Gridiron 3 - Hamden Hawks
UDL - Connecticut Cowboys

The Pyrate
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby The Pyrate » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:58 am

Buy Low!!!! He'll be a great value once he moves off the Redskins roster.

Entropy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Entropy » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:21 am

Campbell seems to be playing substantially better the last few weeks, which coincides well with the stopgap signing of Levi Jones. The Redskin line has sucked less lately.

Campbell still has some problems. He doesn't make quick decisions, and is prone to wild streaks accruacy-wise. He seldom beats blitzes with quick decisions, and hitting the hot receiver in stride. But I still think Jason has good skills, and given how much work the Skins need to do elsewhere, I kind of wish they would consider bringing him back for a year or two, and spending all their offseason effort on the line, and a few other issues.

But that's not likely to happen. :(
--Entropy ===GO SKINS===
10-team .25PPR league 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1W/T, 1W/R, 1K, 1DEF, 11 BN, 1 IR
QB: Rodgers(Gb), Ryan(Atl)
RB: Martin(Tb), Lynch(Sea), Spiller(Buf), Miller (Mia), Ingram(NO), Hyde (SF)
WR: Cobb(Gb), Crabtree(Sf), Bowe (Kc), Hartline(Mia), Shorts(Jac), Gordon(Cle), Jeffery(Chi), Hunter(Ten), Quick(StL)
TE: Eifert(Cin), Kelce(KC), Fleener(Ind), Amaro(NyJ)
K: varies
DEF: Arizona

dickiethon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dickiethon » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:29 pm

The redskins need to clean house and start over. That includes Campbell. He could be a decent QB, but they will never win anything with him there.
12 team start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE Non-PPR

QB: Brees, dalton, Carr

RB: AP, Rice, sankey, bush, fjax, taliafero, trent, riddick

WR: Dez, wallace, D. Thomas, watkins, A Johnson, vjax

TE: Olsen, fleener, donnell, ebron

Fletch_F_Fletch
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby Fletch_F_Fletch » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:41 am

Boswell of the Washington Post had a recent article that hit the nail on the head regarding Campbell. The conclusion was that his ceiling is mid-tier QB and that he will never reach "elite" status. That said, elite QBs are very few and far between, so be happy with a guy that can be a capable NFL starter.

I would love to see Campbell in a run-first offense like Carolina, with an o-line that can keep him from getting sacked 6 time per game. Throw in a better WR opposite Steve Smith and/or a pass-catching TE, and you might have something there.
Q -- "What kind of name is 'Poon' anyway?" A -- "Commanche Indian."

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:59 am

Fletch_F_Fletch wrote:Boswell of the Washington Post had a recent article that hit the nail on the head regarding Campbell. The conclusion was that his ceiling is mid-tier QB and that he will never reach "elite" status. That said, elite QBs are very few and far between, so be happy with a guy that can be a capable NFL starter.

I would love to see Campbell in a run-first offense like Carolina, with an o-line that can keep him from getting sacked 6 time per game. Throw in a better WR opposite Steve Smith and/or a pass-catching TE, and you might have something there.
Carolina would be nice or Minnesota should Favre move on...finally :D

I never thought he was a bad QB, he is just on a misguided team. Who knows how good he would be with stability, a good running game and good coaching.