2016 Combine

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
1standgoal
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: 2016 Combine

Postby 1standgoal » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:57 am

Not super impressed this year. I think I wanted to See Hunter Henry more than anybody and he didn't even run a 40 or do any measurables. Pretty so-so class from what I've seen.

A few Notes:

I am impressed with Derrick Henry's showing. Stock up in my book

Elliot Impressed as he should have. Clear 1.1 to me

Treadwell with the hat. That was something. Guess he was too cool to run a 40 though. Probably wouldn't have helped

I Liked Goff a lot going into the draft. I still like him but I'm far more open to Wentz and Lynch now.

I wouldn't sell the farm for any picks in this draft TBH
2015 League Champion
12 Team Standard League
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/DEF/K

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:54 am

1standgoal wrote:Not super impressed this year. I think I wanted to See Hunter Henry more than anybody and he didn't even run a 40 or do any measurables. Pretty so-so class from what I've seen.

A few Notes:

I am impressed with Derrick Henry's showing. Stock up in my book

Elliot Impressed as he should have. Clear 1.1 to me

Treadwell with the hat. That was something. Guess he was too cool to run a 40 though. Probably wouldn't have helped

I Liked Goff a lot going into the draft. I still like him but I'm far more open to Wentz and Lynch now.

I wouldn't sell the farm for any picks in this draft TBH
Actually, as the 1.01 owner, I was disappointed. 40 was good, but his vert and broad jump disappointed, as did his pass catching skills. Wasn't as natural a receiver of the ball as I thought he was. Disappointed in him skipping the agility drills, as well. Something fishy about that. Probably has average agility, just like his explosion drills.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

DrNoish
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DrNoish » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:21 am

1standgoal wrote:Not super impressed this year. I think I wanted to See Hunter Henry more than anybody and he didn't even run a 40 or do any measurables. Pretty so-so class from what I've seen.
I wanted to see this also. I haven't watched his tape yet, but was hoping to see something that made me excited to take him at 1.11 if he land in an awesome spot like GB.

Reading about how the draft was going I read an article on NFL.com about the slow WR class. At the end they mention DB Harris laughing about the slow class on twitter and end it with a quote that was at least a little amusing:

"However, before we get too caught up in 40 times, let's keep this in mind: Harris struggled against Pittsburgh Steelers WR Antonio Brown in Week 15 of the 2015 season. Brown's combine 40 time was 4.57 in 2010 -- slower than the average WR at this year's combine.

Speed, especially combine speed, is not everything."

Before that one guy pops out of nowhere, no, I am not saying there are 15 Antonio Browns in this draft lol
12 Team PPR 1QB - 1RB - 1WR - 2RB/WR - 1TE

KUPP the Balls
QB- Herbert, Hurts, Newton
RB- Montgomery, RoJo, Lindsay, Michel, Gurley, Vaughn, Foreman
WR- Lamb, Hopkins, Beckham, Metcalf, Cooks
TE- Kelce, Ertz
Picks 1.11, 2.04, 2022 1st

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:59 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
badnewsbarrett wrote:
FantasyFreak wrote:So everybody tore Treadwell a new one for saying he's skipping the 40, and then EE skips all the agility drills, and not a peep? I say "boo" to both of them. I know they probably have agents in their ears, but I question both of them at this point. EE also skipped the BP.
Yep, Boyd is the new 1.01. And Henry might go undrafted for posting a 7.20 3 cone

People take way too much stock in the combine.
A 7.2 3 cone at 247 pounds is not bad, but yeah. The combine is relevant. It is to confirm what you see on tape. With so many different schools and different levels of competition, it is a crude baseline for athleticism. When I see Kenneth Dixon, his 3 cone and shuttle times basically confirm what I see on tape, but it can be important to evaluators because he isn't going against SEC competition, like a Henry. Dixon may look "artificially" quicker because of the level of athleticism of the players on the field with him. It doesn't measure football skills, but it does help to understand if a player is athletic enough to apply his type of skills on an NFL playing field.
I agree with this. Film is number one, but since the level of competition becomes exceptionally harder when you move to the pros, you want to know that the guy who dominated in college is also a top flight athlete. Admittedly, many of the combine drills are ridiculous (and the times on the 40s are often inconsistent and/or fixed) but it's extra information in the hopper.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

1standgoal
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby 1standgoal » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:02 am

DrNoish wrote: there are 15 Antonio Browns in this draft
Rabble rabble rabble
2015 League Champion
12 Team Standard League
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/DEF/K

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:59 am

when does derunnya wilson have to legally change his name to dejoggya wilson?

is it post combine or postdraft
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

teambadknees
Starter
Starter

Postby teambadknees » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:05 pm

Tyler Boyd is a curious case. Top 2 devy WR going into last year. Stock dropped heading into draft year. Great production, market share and early breakout age. Then test very mediocre in pretty much every measurable category at the combine. Heard he did well in catching and route running drills - so much so he received some buzz as a guy who improved his stock by scouts.

If a team has a need for a steady slot WR, I could see him going in the 2nd round like a Jarvis Landry did. There are a lot of those types in this draft however so he could fall to the 3rd like Keenan Allen did.

Only guy who really stood out on all fronts for me was Josh Doctson.
The Bad Knees 12 team PPR TE Premium
QB: k Cousins, B Osweiler, R Wilson
RB: Clement*, J Connor*, J Crockett, M Jones, D Lewis, B Oliver, D Robinson, L Taliaferro, C Thompson, Z Zenner
WR: T Boyd*, John Brown, Corey Davis*, J Edleman, D Hopkins, J Janis, Perriman, R Randle, Albert Wilson
TE: C Gillmore, OJ Howard*,V McDonald, M Pruitt, J Reed, W Tye

The Waterboy 12 team PPR, Defensive big play
2014 Runner-Up 2015 Champs
QB: K Cousins, M Ryan
RB: D Cobb, M Jones, D Lewis, R Matthews, D Murray,J Randle, T Rawls, B Sankey, S Ware, J White, D Woodhead, Z Zenner
WR: D Adams, K Allen, DGB, D Bryant, A Cooper, D Thomas
TE: E Ebron, H Miller, A Sefarian-Jenkins
DL: J Casey, G Hardy, JPP, S Tuitt, O Vernon
LB: S Anthony, J Collins, J Freeman, J Hicks, M Kendricks, R Shazier, Telvin Smith
DB: M Barron, D Lowery, TJ McDonald, H Smith

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:15 pm

teambadknees wrote:Tyler Boyd is a curious case. Top 2 devy WR going into last year. Stock dropped heading into draft year. Great production, market share and early breakout age. Then test very mediocre in pretty much every measurable category at the combine. Heard he did well in catching and route running drills - so much so he received some buzz as a guy who improved his stock by scouts.

If a team has a need for a steady slot WR, I could see him going in the 2nd round like a Jarvis Landry did. There are a lot of those types in this draft however so he could fall to the 3rd like Keenan Allen did.

Boyd is a really good WR. His production was down this year because the staff used him more as a short to intermediate possession receiver to accommodate bad QB play and an offense that lost James Conner.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:22 pm

teambadknees wrote:
I agree. I was glad to see it looked like he put on some good weight. One of my concerns with him was how thin he was. With his ball tracking/highpoint ability and a little more muscle he can be special.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:21 pm

clarion contrarion wrote:when does derunnya wilson have to legally change his name to dejoggya wilson?

:clap:

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:55 pm

clarion contrarion wrote:when does derunnya wilson have to legally change his name to dejoggya wilson?

I wonder if he tries to transition over to TE now. He'd have to put on a good amount of weight, but former basketball-player TEs have a pretty good history.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:09 pm

bigchiefbc wrote: I wonder if he tries to transition over to TE now. He'd have to put on a good amount of weight, but former basketball-player TEs have a pretty good history.
Should've stayed in school. A lot of these kids are being advised by some dumbasses. He probably won't get drafted

Vendetta
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vendetta » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:28 pm

Very underwhelming combine this year. So many people that didn't participate and most who did failed to make a lasting impression. Very average rookie class heading into the combine and the results are just more proof of that. Still a few people that looked good, Josh Doctson impressed me yesterday, as did Sterling Shepard. I'm looking to sell 1st round picks where I have them but if I can't add more picks in 2017 those are two guys that I'd be looking to draft.

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:45 pm

4.9 is too slow for TE, I doubt De'Joggya gets drafted.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:46 pm

Vendetta wrote:Very underwhelming combine this year. So many people that didn't participate and most who did failed to make a lasting impression. Very average rookie class heading into the combine and the results are just more proof of that. Still a few people that looked good, Josh Doctson impressed me yesterday, as did Sterling Shepard. I'm looking to sell 1st round picks where I have them but if I can't add more picks in 2017 those are two guys that I'd be looking to draft.
Getting 2017 firsts is extremely difficult in a straight up swap. A lot of owners are very aware of the situation.