Willie Snead

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
theone
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Willie Snead

Postby theone » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:42 pm

What do we make of him with Brees and Payton looking like they will come back and what do you value him in deeper leagues? Has he locked up the #2 spot in a high volume throwing attack expecting continued progression or was this a one time thing? WR31 in basically his first year with a 66/949/3 line at 23 years old . A WW pickup or deep draft pick in most leagues but is probably the least talked about player of any WR near his ranking.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Willie Snead

Postby BuckeyeNation » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:17 pm

I mentioned him in one of the "buy low" threads that have been going on. I think he's completely undervalued (especially in leagues with deeper starting requirements) because he lacks name value and pedigree. He flirted with 1k yards in his first season on the field and did so in 15 games. He has the trust of Brees, and it looks like the regime will be in tact going into 2016. I believe NO continues to play from behind next season with a bad defense, and to me it appears they have bigger holes to fill other than spending high draft capital on a WR. I think Snead actually improves on his numbers a big and flirts with low end WR2 numbers. He's a player that will be worth more on your roster than what you'll get in a trade.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

ZPalmtree
Captain
Captain

Postby ZPalmtree » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:56 pm

I picked him up on the WW for team 1 in my sig. Started him for a majority of the season. I liked him but was not sure what to make of his value. I shopped him around and got 2.14 for him. So I mean I am somewhat going to have to draft for a replacement.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:53 pm

I think a good comparison for Snead's value is Allen Hurns. Hurns came out of nowhere last season and had a productive season (though Snead was more consistent), and most people didn't believe in Hurns and thought he was a fluke. It took a second productive season out of of Hurns before people started taking him seriously, and even now he's undervalued in some people's opinion. I think Snead is in the same situation. He was a pleasant surprise and had a nice season, but he's going to need to do it again in '16 before most people start taking notice of him.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

Mangelo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mangelo » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:58 pm

He could have an identical season, even improve by 10% and he'll still not be worth much. He's the new Lance Moore.

dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

Postby dawgs4life » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:04 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote:I think a good comparison for Snead's value is Allen Hurns. Hurns came out of nowhere last season and had a productive season (though Snead was more consistent), and most people didn't believe in Hurns and thought he was a fluke. It took a second productive season out of of Hurns before people started taking him seriously, and even now he's undervalued in some people's opinion. I think Snead is in the same situation. He was a pleasant surprise and had a nice season, but he's going to need to do it again in '16 before most people start taking notice of him.
Was just thinking the same hing here. He will be greatly undervalues as an easily replaced player. But remember he had to fight adversity to get where he was. Being cut from other teams. Most don't remember but next year will be his 3rd year.
PS...I am now gonna take a long hard look at any skill player the Browns cut.....Lol
I only play in 16x53 with 10+ taxi size leagues with full IDP. All are PPR and most value return yardage. So my opinions may be skewed To these deep roster leagues.

Dynasty Fantasy is not a game, it’s a full time hobby.

Moto660
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Moto660 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:24 am

largely undervalued player. very productive in really his first year playing. I think he will continue to produce as the underneath guy to Cooks' over the top route. Saints just need to add a taller jump ball threat, maybe Coleman develops? I think Snead keeps his role either way.

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Sat May 14, 2016 12:25 pm

So does Thomas hurt him really bad? I just got him

Gave: 2017 2nd (late)

Got: Snead + 2017 3rd (mid)

Wondering if anyone has thoughts on him since the draft.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 15, 2016 1:29 am

Never Veto wrote:So does Thomas hurt him really bad? I just got him

Gave: 2017 2nd (late)

Got: Snead + 2017 3rd (mid)

Wondering if anyone has thoughts on him since the draft.
I don't think so. Snead is more of a slot type player IMO. Brees can support him. He already seems to have a rapport with him. I don't think it changes much. He's a solid depth guy, but the TD potential is really limited.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Franky Four Fingers
Starter
Starter

Postby Franky Four Fingers » Sun May 15, 2016 6:48 am

I agree with the Freak, think it was a solid depth buy. Thomas shouldn't effect Snead very much at all imo. The one who got hurt the most this off-season, that nobody is talking about consequently is Cooks. I just can't see 5'10 Cooks getting 9 tds again after the team brings in a highly drafted 6'3 wr and a highly paid 6'6 te. Not saying Cooks won't still be good but the tds were truly the only thing that separated him from snead who had a better catch percentage and a higher ypc. Snead isn't going to sniff wr1 type numbers but he should be a solid wr3/flx play and provide quality bench depth.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sun May 15, 2016 11:46 am

Snead's average game will look like 3/36/0, he's gonna have the Lance Moore role I bet.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Joey Pigskins
Starter
Starter

Postby Joey Pigskins » Thu May 19, 2016 6:22 am

I'm a little confused how you can think Snead won't be affected by Thomas because he is "more of a slot type" when we know the Saints brought Thomas in to play the Colston slot role
@JoeyPigskins

11th Year 10 Team Dynasty 1/2 PPR (20 man rosters, three round rookie/FA draft, 2 taxi)

Commissioner/Founder

Champions 2011, 2012
Runnner-up 2013, 2016

1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1TE 2 Flex (WR/RB/TE) 1 K 1 DEF

Matthew Stafford, Marcus Mariota
Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon, Jordan Howard,, Jonathan Stewart, Darren Sproles, Theo Riddick, Jonathan Williams
DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Allen Robinson, Michael Thomas (NO), Phillip Dorsett, Kenny Britt, Kenny Stills, JJ Nelson (taxi)
Jimmy Graham, Eric Ebron, Austin Seferian-Jenkins (taxi)
Adam Vinatieri
NYG D

2017: 1st, 2nd

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu May 19, 2016 1:41 pm

Joey Pigskins wrote:I'm a little confused how you can think Snead won't be affected by Thomas because he is "more of a slot type" when we know the Saints brought Thomas in to play the Colston slot role
How do we "know" this? The "Colston slot role" is not a position. He was an over sized slot receiver. Just because he's gone now, doesn't mean they are going to use another large slot receiver. They may try him in the slot, but we shall see. Willie Snead will be on the field enough. Let's put it that way.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Thu May 19, 2016 2:00 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:Willie Snead will be on the field enough. Let's put it that way.
Like I started above, I truly think Snead will be the new Lance Moore role guy. The Saints run a bunch of formations using the TE and Fullback a lot more than people think, and that will keep Snead on the sidelin. If I had to guess I would say Snead will be limited to about 35% of the offensive snaps, Payton drafted Thomas with a plan for him I can assure you that. Cook's isn't an NFL WR1 IMO, I think Thomas could be, I even put my money where my mouth is and traded up to 1.05 in attempt to get Thomas myself.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu May 19, 2016 3:30 pm

Coogan23 wrote:
FantasyFreak wrote:Willie Snead will be on the field enough. Let's put it that way.
Like I started above, I truly think Snead will be the new Lance Moore role guy. The Saints run a bunch of formations using the TE and Fullback a lot more than people think, and that will keep Snead on the sidelin. If I had to guess I would say Snead will be limited to about 35% of the offensive snaps, Payton drafted Thomas with a plan for him I can assure you that. Cook's isn't an NFL WR1 IMO, I think Thomas could be, I even put my money where my mouth is and traded up to 1.05 in attempt to get Thomas myself.
Are you a Saints fan? Not joking around, just curious. I tried to see it with Thomas, but I don't think Thomas is a WR1. I think he's more of a WR2, personally. Also, I see his age ranging from 21 to 23, depending on the site. Really frustrating that it is so difficult to get player's ages.