Dream NFL draft landings spots?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Dream NFL draft landings spots?

Postby Coogan Football » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:09 am

You have different on opinions on drafting a player based solely on talent, you have the other side that says situation and landing spot makes a huge difference. If you had a perfect place for your favorite draft prospects wherenupu you want them to go?

The landing spots I'd like to see in the NFL draft that would help MY fantasy team are:
(I put the MY draft pick that I see fitting with that player/slot)

Colts draft a bunch of OL early and then Devonta Booker (my 1.10)in the 3rd round.
They have all the playmakers in place on offense, now they just need some lineman.

Texans draft Zeke Elliott (my 1.02) in the 1st and Connor Cook in the 2nd (helps Nuk).
It wouldn't hurt if they drafted some OL to help out the new QB as well, their Defense is stacked.

Cowboys
draft Alex Collins (my 1.10) in the 2nd round...sadly, if that happened there's probably not a way I could grab him that late at 1.10 though.

The Saints draft either (TE's) Hunter Henry or OJ Howard in the 3rd or 4th round (my 2.05 or my 3.04)
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Dream NFL draft landings spots?

Postby BuckeyeNation » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:17 am

Ezekiel Elliot to the Cowboys. Despite being a Buckeye homer, I'm usually very realistic or even pessimistic about Buckeye prospects in the NFL. I was lukewarm at best on Hyde when he came out. Limp DMC just put up 1400 total yards in DAL even after playing a complementary role to Randle for the first quarter of the season. I almost never make big plays for rookies, but I could definitely see myself opening up the piggy bank if Zeke lands in DAL.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

TheChicken
Captain
Captain

Postby TheChicken » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:35 am

When it comes to the 'real' football players (Lineman, FBs, TEs, Defense etc) I'd much prefer teams to bolster ailing units through free agency rather than the draft (I view the draft as mainly succession planning rather than hole filling). You have to be some special talent to have an impact on how the your team plays in your rookie year. For example this year I think Ugner & Lupati have had much more impact as FA acquisitions then any of the o-linemen drafted in the 1st round of the 2015 draft ..... come 2018 that will probably be flipped on its head.

Personally I think situations where the team is stable is much more preferable those that have had at lot of turnover at HC/OC and at the major skill positions ... especially for a rookie. With the firings and all the horse-trading that is currently happening with assistant coaches (and Sean Payton) this landscape is very much in flux, with few teams looking as if they will be entering 2016 with the same HC/OC/QB combination as they started 2015 (that have FF relevant openings on their roster).

Talent/fundamentals aside, RBs to the Cowboys, Jets, Texans or Colts would pique my interest, as would WRs to the Panthers, Bears, Ravens or Saints and any QB in my 2 QB leagues!
99 problems but your 10 team league ain't one!

cp3
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cp3 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:43 am

BuckeyeNation wrote:Ezekiel Elliot to the Cowboys. Despite being a Buckeye homer, I'm usually very realistic or even pessimistic about Buckeye prospects in the NFL. I was lukewarm at best on Hyde when he came out. Limp DMC just put up 1400 total yards in DAL even after playing a complementary role to Randle for the first quarter of the season. I almost never make big plays for rookies, but I could definitely see myself opening up the piggy bank if Zeke lands in DAL.
This is pretty much exactly how I feel. I've got the 1.1 in one league and Zeke to Dallas, would probably be the only landing spot where I'd take him over Treadwell. I know we shouldn't think that way when drafting, but Zeke and Treadwell look pretty close in terms of pure talent.

Being a Cowboys fan probably doesn't help me be rational about Zeke in Dallas either.

JJDubya
MVP
MVP

Postby JJDubya » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:44 am

Anyone can go anywhere except for Cleveland.

You obviously don't want RBs going somewhere with an established incumbent (like Duke in Cleveland this year). I really can't see the Texans picking a RB in the first round since they have a major hole at QB, and even with Foster out they have managed to piece together a good running game by swapping in and out their other backs. Don't get me wrong, someone with real talent could light it up in Houston, but I can't see many teams investing a first round pick after seeing Melvin Gordon fall so flat and late round RBs/UDFAs pick up the slack when given a chance.

Detroitcity
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Detroitcity » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:45 am

Treadwell- BAL or SD (not sure they would take him at 3 though)
Elliot- DAL or HOU
Booker- IND, NYG, BAL, NYJ
D. Henry- DAL, NYG, DET
T. Boyd- DAL, SD, BAL, TB, CIN
J. Doctson- NYG, ATL, CIN, NE
H. Henry- NO, DEN

Don't want to see any WR go to STL or SF

zjdlmt
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby zjdlmt » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:37 am

I agree with a lot of these destinations, but I think that this applies to free agency too and with so many RBs possibly shaking loose some of these jobs will get eaten up by veterans prior to the draft. Then that will open up room wherever those players abandoned. FA list from this site:http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ and listed in order of their current contract value

UFA QBs: Bradford, Fitzpatrick, Osweiler, Cousins

UFA TEs: Gates, Vernon, Allen & Fleener, Ladarius

UFA WRs: Bolden, Quick, Jeffery, Randle, Marvin Jones,

UFA RBs: Forte, Ivory, Miller, Morris, Hillman (CJ is a RFA),

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:56 am

bcoogan23 wrote:You have different on opinions on drafting a player based solely on talent, you have the other side that says situation and landing spot makes a huge difference. If you had a perfect place for your favorite draft prospects wherenupu you want them to go?

The landing spots I'd like to see in the NFL draft that would help MY fantasy team are:
(I put the MY draft pick that I see fitting with that player/slot)

Colts draft a bunch of OL early and then Devonta Booker (my 1.10)in the 3rd round.
They have all the playmakers in place on offense, now they just need some lineman.

Texans draft Zeke Elliott (my 1.02) in the 1st and Connor Cook in the 2nd (helps Nuk).
It wouldn't hurt if they drafted some OL to help out the new QB as well, their Defense is stacked.

Cowboys
draft Alex Collins (my 1.10) in the 2nd round...sadly, if that happened there's probably not a way I could grab him that late at 1.10 though.

The Saints draft either (TE's) Hunter Henry or OJ Howard in the 3rd or 4th round (my 2.05 or my 3.04)
I can't see the Texans taking another QB over Hackenberg. I hate Penn State, but Franklin killed Hackenbergs draft stock that BO'B had built up.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

Postby TomBobAnderson » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:34 pm

Treadwell - Cowboys
Boyd/Thomas - Ravens/Chargers
Elliot/Booker/Collins - Cowboys/Colts/Ravens/Jets
Will Fuller/De'Runnya Wilson - Seahawks/Giants

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:38 pm

joeday wrote: I can't see the Texans taking another QB over Hackenberg. I hate Penn State, but Franklin killed Hackenbergs draft stock that BO'B had built up.
I think Connor Cook played way better than Hackenberg this year, I'm fine with either one as long as they can be more efficient on offense. "High tide raises all ships" (Hopkins) :thumbup:
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

#WhoDat

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:21 pm

bcoogan23 wrote:
joeday wrote: I can't see the Texans taking another QB over Hackenberg. I hate Penn State, but Franklin killed Hackenbergs draft stock that BO'B had built up.
I think Connor Cook played way better than Hackenberg this year, I'm fine with either one as long as they can be more efficient on offense. "High tide raises all ships" (Hopkins) :thumbup:
The Texans Head coach was Penn States HC during Hackenburgs good year. Thats why I see it
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:37 pm

Cherokee wrote:
bcoogan23 wrote:
The Texans Head coach was Penn States HC during Hackenburgs good year. Thats why I see it
Yeah I shoulda said OBrien instead of BOB (his nickname). He led Hackenberg to a great first season then he left.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)

QB –
TE –

QB – Joe Burrow
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:20 pm

joeday wrote:
Cherokee wrote:
bcoogan23 wrote:
Yeah I shoulda said OBrien instead of BOB (his nickname). He led Hackenberg to a great first season then he left.
Lol everybody knows who BOB is thanks to Hard Knocks, I'd still rather have Cook over him
, Goodson, Pullard,

#WhoDat

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:18 pm

bcoogan23 wrote:Lol everybody knows who BOB is thanks to Hard Knocks, I'd still rather have Cook over him
Me too, but I think if O'Brien stayed at Penn State he would have made Hackenberg an elite prospect.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)

QB –
TE –

QB – Joe Burrow
TE – Trey McBride

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:24 pm

joeday wrote:
bcoogan23 wrote:Lol everybody knows who BOB is thanks to Hard Knocks, I'd still rather have Cook over him
Me too, but I think if O'Brien stayed at Penn State he would have made Hackenberg an elite prospect.

And you are probably right. Man I can't wait for the combine!
, Goodson, Pullard,

#WhoDat