One thing this season that either won or lost you the title?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
joeday
GOAT
GOAT

One thing this season that either won or lost you the title?

Postby joeday » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:29 am

I did something like this last season where I pointed to the one thing which was the reason I was able to win the championship...this year lets hear stories about the one thing that you can point to that either won you the title or cost you the title. My story is one of sadness.

For the Bombers in signature -- In Week 11 I make a deal to lock up Matthew Stafford. I gave up very little but wanted to have a Brees insurance policy in case of injury (plus Brees was coming up on his bye and I was very close to missing the playoffs if I lost that week). In the trade the other owner included Jay Ajayi, which I thought nothing of. I liked him a little coming out of college but it looked like Miller was turning his season around so I thought he would just be an interesting hold in case Miller moves on in 2016. The Miller owner, a friend of mine, wants to lock up the Miami situation. He offers me CJ2K, Ellington and David Johnson for DMC, Turbin, Ajayi. Being this is a small keeper league and the AZ RB situation looked muddled, at best, I passed. My thinking was DMC, due to workload, was the best RB in that group and Ajayi may have future value. Everyone I asked said it was smart to stay put, especially with Romo coming back it should open up running lanes for DMC. In Week 12 not only does CJ2K get hurt but so does Ellington and now the job is David Johnsons to lose. I wouldnt have won any more or less games in the regular season and the playoff picture would have been exactly the same for all 6 teams. I earn a first round bye. In the 2nd round I play against my friend, who tried to trade me David Johnson about a month earlier. If DJ was on my team that week I would have won and then the following week, in a very close game, would have secured my 4th title in a row and 6th overall since 1996. Luckily my friend, and David Johnson, did not win it either but it still burns. BTW when I was offered that deal I looked over David Johnsons touches the previous 3 games and he had 8 offensive touches total and was the teams kick returner! UGH!

Well, as you know, misery loves company, so lets hear your stories of sadness...or lift up our spirits with stories of happiness! lol
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

zjdlmt
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: One thing this season that either won or lost you the ti

Postby zjdlmt » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:42 am

Mine is very straightforward. In the leagues I run we let the top seed in each round choose their opponent from among the road teams. Sometimes this serves as a real home field advantage if there's a crappy team around, but other times it's just a way to make an bleep of yourself. I had a bye as the top seed so I got to pick between the two wild-card round winners. Both were good teams, but one had outscored me a few times lately so I went with the other. Well, it ended up as one of those semifinals where you're the 2nd highest scorer in the round playing the highest scorer so I missed the finals where my team was the highest scoring team in the league. The team I should have picked as my opponent ended up winning it all.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:06 am

The Calvin fumble against Seattle cost me a game and subsequently a 1st round bye. Lost in round 1 before having 2 huge games in weeks 15-16.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:13 am

Went against my gut in Week 15 and started Lamar Miller (even though I had no faith in their coaching staff to give him the ball) over Hightower. I had Hightower in my lineup all week till Sunday morning and made the switch after "deciding to go with who got me there." The decision cost me 7 points and I lost by 4. I was the highest scoring team during my week 14 bye, 4 pts shy of being the highest scoring team in week 15, and highest scorer in Week 16.

Ugh...most disappointing 3rd place finish I can remember.
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

Injured Reserve
Captain
Captain

Postby Injured Reserve » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:16 am

Beckham suspension. Thought I had a "hot" pick up with Ginn- got me 1.9 points
Team 1- 10 team dynasty
Wilson, Rivers /Lacy, Martin, M.Jones, JStew /AJ Green, Allen, ARob, Gordon, Austin, Parker,Jones/ Kelce, Thomas, LGreen
Dareus /Heyward, Vernon, Fowler/Clowney, Anthony, TSmith, EKendricks, Collins /Darby, Jenkins/ Burnett, HSmith, Collins

Team 2-12 team keeper
Cousins/ Bell, Langford, Williams/ Beckham, K Allen, Moncrief, Parker/ Kelce
Quinn, Jackson, Lawrence/ TSmith, EKendricks, Dansby, Hicks/ Burnett

Team 3- 10 team dynasty
Brees, Flacco, Bridgewater, Goff/ Lacy, Abdullah, Yeldon, Ajayi, D.Washington, McKinnon, KRobinson/ Moncrief,DBG, K Bell, TBenjamin, Montgomery, Wright, Agholor, Sanu, Latimer, Sharpe/ Hooper, Ertz, Rodgers

Team 4- 10 team dynasty
Winston, Wentz, Manning, Tannehill/ Lacy, Matthews, Crowell, Jennings, Starks, Morris, Taliaferro, Smallwood, Sankey/ Evans, Watkins, Allen, Jordy, Agholor, Coleman, D.Smith, Pryor/ Gronk, Bennett, Higbee

juke05
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby juke05 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:46 am

Superflex league - Picked up Kirk Cousins from waivers during the preseason when RG3 was still going to be the starter. Pretty much carried my team to the ship since i lost romo to injury.

Kossack
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kossack » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:47 am

2 years in a row that Rodgers is the culprit. Semis last year and went on to outscore the league in week 16 and he did to me week 16 this year in multiple leagues. In another league I own Rodgers but lost in semis I have palmer and drafted winston in a 16 team league thinking I could move palmer if winston shows promise (he does). Having been burnt by Rodgers two years in a row I'm now thinking of floating Rodgers out there and holding onto Palmer while Winston learns the ropes
16 team, PPR, 45 man rosters, all TDs 6 pts
start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 dt, 2 de, 3 lb, 2 cb, 2 s, 1 non qb flex

QB - Winston, Sieman, Joshua Dobbs
RB - Martin, M. Gordon, Howard, R. Burkhead, Langford, C. Sims, Kapri Bibbs, W. Gallman
WR - ARob, Jordy, A. Jeffery, E. Sanders, Agholor, B. Ellington, C. Peake, Krishawn Hogan, Ryan Grant
TE - Ebron, Tye, G. Everett
DT - A. Donald, C. Baker
DE - Z. Ansah, D. Buckner, C. Wake, T. Flowers, V. Curry
LB - D. Johnson, K. Mack, C. Kirskey, Kwaitkowski, G. Hodges, Jaylon Smith,
CB - J. Bradbury, A. Bouye, D. Butler,
S - J. Addae, K. Neal, Geathers, Sua Cravens

Prickler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Prickler » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:53 am

A last minute swap out of Amari Cooper for Allen Hurns due to "weather conditions" cost me week 15. I would have beat my week 16 opponent.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:57 am

edelman's injury killed me in quite a few leagues. he was my flex in a ton of leagues and when he went down....so did my season in all those leagues.

hailtoyourvictor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hailtoyourvictor » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:07 am

I tried to base my re-build around my LBs in my two IDP leagues and bought low on Kiko Alonzo as a big piece of that plan.

Bad, bad idea.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:10 am

I have another one quick too. Heavy favorite going into the week but my Steelers trio of Ben, AB and DWilly put up a collective stinker (DWilly did his part obviously) but had Baldwin never been listed as a GTD and talking heads said they were worried he may not finish the game I would have left him in...I changed him out for ESanders thinking (because of being the heavy favorite) I should just get the sure fire 15-20 points from sanders instead of risking a 3 point game from Baldwin. Had Pete not made such a big deal about calling Baldwin a game time decision I wouldnt have switched him out and I would have won. Also would have won if the NFL knew what the f*ck a catch is! If that AB TD stands that would have been 10 points for the Ben and AB TD then a point for the catch then the points for the yards! Ugh! lol
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – πŸ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – πŸ₯ˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – πŸ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – πŸ₯ˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

cucamonga
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby cucamonga » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:13 am

my good trades during the offseason out weighed my bad ones. I traded devonta Adams and a 2015 2nd for NUK. And I traded Breshad Perriman and my 2016 1st for Allen Robinson. Those two trades were obviously huge.

I also changed my approach to doing my lineups each week. I probably started 6 or 7 different TEs Will Tye, Vance McDonald etc. just searching for good matchups. just looking for TDs out of that position basically. I took every unsexy RB that nobody wants or wanted for any sort of value. unsexy RBs are easy to bench and drop if bleep happens which it always does at that position. Names like Ryan Matthews, Dion Lewis, Theo Riddick stand out here. After winning this year I am convinced it is dumb to pay even .75cents on the dollar for a TE or RB because similar production week to week is always out there.

I got lucky A LOT and had A LOT of fun.
12 Team .5 ppr
Cucamonga Kickapoo

2015 CHAMPS
QB: Cam Newton, Carson Wentz
RB: Thomas Rawls, Kenyon Drake
WR: B Perriman, Davante Adams, Sammy Watkins, Corey Coleman, Kendal Wright
TE: Tyler Higbee, Delanie Walker
K:
DEF: Tennessee

2017 picks: 1.3, 1.5

Reno McCoy
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Reno McCoy » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:48 am

I started DGB instead of Devante Parker. It was a last minute change. I had DP in there all week, and planned to start him, but I let rankings sway me. I ended up losing the championship by 4.5 points, and DP had 9 points on my bench. :wall:
16-team salary/contract league (start QB, RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2Flex, K, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 DEF FLEX)

QB: Foles, Bortles, Brissett, Mullens
RB: Bell, Ingram, Guice, Singletary
WR: Landry, Boyd, Shepard, Allison, Pettis, Kirk, Gallup, M. Brown
TE: Ertz, Everett
DL: Dunlap, Hunter, J. Allen, McKinley
LB: Ogletree, Wagner, Telvin Smith, Devin Bush, Eric Kendricks, Tavai
DB: Reshad Jones, H. Smith, Collins
K: Badgely, Elliott

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:56 am

I traded for Kirk cousins in week 15 for a second rounder (2 QB League). I won 167 to 130. I would have played Cassel as he was one of the few available QBs and he got -1. That won me week 15 and in week 16 traded Rawls of D Williams, if I didn't my opponent would. He got 27 and I won 159 to 107. Otherwise final score would have been like 133 to 134, depending on who I played instead, I may have still own but it would have been really close.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:24 pm

Traded for Marshall after Jordy's injury; also traded for Brees after seeing Rodgers struggle and NO's juicy schedule the last few weeks. :biggrin:
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd