Backup RBs who'll start in 2016

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phisk
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Backup RBs who'll start in 2016

Postby Phisk » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:38 am

Ajayi might take over the Dolphins RB starting role, are there other young players who might get a chance to be the starter in 2016 and I can buy relatively low now?
TEAM 1: Dynasty League / 14 Teams / 20 man roster / 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2Flex (RB/WR, RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1DEF
QB: T. Brady, J. Garoppolo, E. Manning, J. Manziel
RB: C. Ivory, C. Anderson, A. Andrews, O. Darkwa, D. Lewis, R. Mathews, Z. Stacy, J. White,
WR: C. Johnson, K. Allen, A. Bodin, E. Decker,
TE: H. Miller, J. Temme, J. Thomas
K: C. Santos
DEF: Lions, Patriots

TEAM 2: Keepers League/ 16 teams / 12 man roster / 5 keepers / 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, 1DEF
QB: C. Newton, -
RB: C. Ivory, J. Forsett, -
WR: K. Benjamin, A. Jeffery, A. Cooper, -
TE:
K:
DEF:

Josey Wales
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Backup RBs who'll start in 2016

Postby Josey Wales » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:49 am

Welcome to DLF.

There have been some threads previously about players in 2016.

A good place to start is who may be switching teams due to contracts expiring.

Just one of them.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=106894

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:13 pm

It's always dicey trying to predict because teams bring in FA's and Rookies, but guys that will likely be given a chance to start next year would be Langford, Matt Jones, Jay Ajayi...

You also have Abdullah and Duke Johnson that have played a limited role this year that could step into a full time role next year depending on how things shake out with Zenner and Crowell.

snitchinsider
Role Player
Role Player

Postby snitchinsider » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:00 am

Zach Zenner, in the sense that he might take over early down work. He may not get enough volume to have the fantasy upside of an Ajayi or Langford because Abdullah and Riddick will still get carries and catches, but he should be worth monitoring.
Hopkins elitist.
Abdullah apologist.
Ajayi truther.
Bortles drum banger.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:25 am

It's a good strategy, as if you stockpile you only really need one of them to hit. Last year I picked up Bryce Brown, Khiry Robinson, Roy Helu, Ka'Deem Carey and Devonta Freeman. A 20% success rate might not seem like much, but it was enough to lead me to a great season. I also was able to turn Matt Jones and Jeremy Langford - cheap pickups at the draft - into Shady for the stretch run. If you could snag Jones or Langford now go ahead and do it, but their owners probably know they're hanging on to lottery tickets with above average odds. However, as was said, all it takes is one free agent signing or one high draft pick to crash that value.

I think Khiry is worth another stash. He's probably free or near to free right now. Alfred Morris has a shot to land somewhere, and in the right scheme he's a proven producer. I'm not terribly thrilled by anyone in Tennessee, but you could do worse than take a shot at someone like Cobb. I'm not a huge fan of Sims either, but the COP back role in Tampa could be a productive one.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:39 am

Matt Jones, Jeremy Langford, Charles Sims, Jay Ajayi, Thomas Rawls, David johnson, Ameer Abdullah, Duke Johnson.

Keep an eye on the Jets. Ivory, Powell and Ridley are free agents. Stacy could fall in as starter.

Ravens situation is wide open.. Buck Allen, Terrance West, Lorenzo Taliaferro. Forsett still there but obviously not a long term solution. The young guys probably aren't either.

Colts just signed Trey Williams. Tyler Varga there as well. They could see a big bump next season if they make the team.

RB Carousel should be fun this off-season.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:09 am

Jason3123 wrote:Matt Jones, Jeremy Langford, Charles Sims, Jay Ajayi, Thomas Rawls, David johnson, Ameer Abdullah, Duke Johnson.

Keep an eye on the Jets. Ivory, Powell and Ridley are free agents. Stacy could fall in as starter.

Ravens situation is wide open.. Buck Allen, Terrance West, Lorenzo Taliaferro. Forsett still there but obviously not a long term solution. The young guys probably aren't either.

Colts just signed Trey Williams. Tyler Varga there as well. They could see a big bump next season if they make the team.

RB Carousel should be fun this off-season.
Excellent list, however the guys in the first line will be expensive to acquire right now. They have a lot of theoretical value.

Really nice and sneaky call on Stacy. Whatever his limitations, he's shown he can be a lead back in the NFL.

And I'm a big fan of Taliaferro. I think when it plays out he'll be the back to own in Baltimore, which will be a much better team next season.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:02 am

I'm not a fan of Stacy but he has shown production when given volume and the Jets like to run so if they let those guys walk and draft a rookie, Stacy would have a great opportunity to be given a lot of carries.

Goodfellas
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Goodfellas » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:05 pm

All running backs listed so far are probably rostered in deeper leagues, such a 10 teamer I am in with 28 roster spots, 2 IR & 5 taxi-squad. Owners in leagues like this have to look much deeper. I am currently working on taxi squad RB stashes. Here are the RB's I am considering in no particular order:
Corey Grant, Terrell Watson, Malcolm Brown, Dreamius Smith, Orleans Darkwa, Tyler Gaffney, Rod Smith, Brandon Wegher,
None are of value now, but maybe I get lucky with one of them emerging to "next man up" status in 2016.
Stacy, Taliaferro, Robinson would all be potential throw-ins on a larger trade during the off season.

Your thoughts?
10 Team PPR | 31 Roster, 7 Taxi | QB, 2RB, 2WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, LB, DE, DB, Def Flex
QB - Winston, Prescott, Mayfield, Minshew
RB - Gurley, Mixon, R. Freeman, D. Johnson, D. Guice, Gio
WR - A-Rob, Godwin, Cooks, Sammy, C. Davis, T-Boyd, P. Campbell, P. Wilson, J. Washington
TE - Hooper, Njoku, C. Herndon
IDP - D. Leonard, J. Hicks, V. Bell, E. Reid, J. Allen

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:42 am

I like Taliaferro moving forward. I think Terrell Watson has upside but is in a terrible situation. Wish he played for the Jets or Texans. Not a fan of Darkwa but he is good not great at everything. I also love what Khiry does and see him as a 3 down back. All depends on landing spot. Definitely roster Tali and Robinson.
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:58 pm

Anyone taking a flier on Sankey? He was dropped in my main league last week, so I grabbed him up and cut my kicker.

Anyone else taking a shot and hoping that a new coaching staff gives him another shot?
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:05 pm

henry1jg wrote:Anyone taking a flier on Sankey? He was dropped in my main league last week, so I grabbed him up and cut my kicker.

Anyone else taking a shot and hoping that a new coaching staff gives him another shot?
I am, but who knows which coach comes in. Still strange how little run he has gotten in his career. His numbers aren't THAT horrible.

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:09 pm

holy_stromboli wrote:
henry1jg wrote:Anyone taking a flier on Sankey? He was dropped in my main league last week, so I grabbed him up and cut my kicker.

I am, but who knows which coach comes in. Still strange how little run he has gotten in his career. His numbers aren't THAT horrible.
That's why I took the flier. Figured why not and I had one pickup left, so I just went for it. He's in the wire in another league I'm in but I was out if pickups. I may spend my 5th on him at draft time if no one takes him before that.
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:22 pm

Titans are a strange team when it comes to running the ball. I know at one point today they had first and goal at the one, and proceeded to throw the ball four straight times. Talk about waving the white flag on the running game.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:33 pm

henry1jg wrote:
holy_stromboli wrote:

That's why I took the flier. Figured why not and I had one pickup left, so I just went for it. He's in the wire in another league I'm in but I was out if pickups. I may spend my 5th on him at draft time if no one takes him before that.
Right there with you. I scooped him up in a couple of leagues after he was dropped. He's not nearly as bad as some has made him out to be, and I'd still argue that he's never really gotten a true opportunity in TEN. Still very young, and there's a slim chance that he's outright cut this year. If he's been dropped in your leagues, I think he's a better stash than mot of what you'll find on the WW in 12x25 and larger leagues.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U