OBJ ppr WR1

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
schiewerma21
All Pro
All Pro

OBJ ppr WR1

Postby schiewerma21 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:53 pm

Has to be said, i believe beckham just snuck ahead of jones after today as the fantasy wr1 in 2015.

Just posting to start a discussion. I mean did even the biggest OBJ fans think this was possible? i love the kid, and he is my overall #1 player for a rebuilding team, but i was certain regression was coming. Thought possibly a top 5 season could happen… could have never predicted he would be the wr1 at any point.
It may be even more impressive (like hopkins) that beckham is the only real threat on his team and it getting doubled every play.
Julio has the current rbi in fantasy and the steelers are an all star offense.

What do you guys think? Does this season solidify him as the number one asset moving forward?
TEAM 1: 12 man PPR (.25 passing and rushing attempt) dynasty league
QB:Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Zach Wilson
RB: Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Deandre Swift
WR: Tyreek Hill, Justin Jefferson, Deandre Hopkins, Chris Godwin, Jamaar Chase, Allen Robinson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Kyle Pitts, Hunter Henry

TEAM 2: 10 MAN Superflex. (standard PPR).
QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Stafford, Wentz, Jimmy G
RB: Mccaffrey, Zeke, Javonte, Akers, Jacobs, Edmonds, Henderson, Fournette, Pollard
WR: Adams, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Aiyuk, Odell Beckham, Devonta Smith Julio,Shenault
TE: Travis Kelce, George Kittle

TEAM 3:10 MAN PPR (2 QUARTERBACK LEAGUE took over orphan 2016) Dynasty League
QB: Dak, Lamar, Tua, Winston, Bridgewater,
RB: Mccaffrey, Henry, Aaron Jones, Chubb, Mike Davis
WR: Aj Brown, Terry Mclaurin, Theilen, Godwin, Juedy, Sutton, Watkins, Davis, Crowder
TE: Waller, Engram, Geodtert
2021picks: 1.10,3.10

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: OBJ ppr WR1

Postby Bot101 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:03 pm

Im sticking with Julio. Sorry OBJ.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:13 pm

I don't think the top 4-5 right now are any different, its back and forth between them every week depending which one has the huge game.

Julio, AB, Hopkins and OBJ are all pretty much the same, Dez is slightly behind those 4.

I personally just don't like OBJ so he'll never be the clear WR1 in my book :lol:

PS, I wouldn't exactly say Rueben Randle and Harris are complete nobodys, they can make plays when given opportunity. Harris is great with the ball on returns, I wonder why they don't throw him screens and reverses.
Last edited by Coogan Football on Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

hailtoyourvictor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby hailtoyourvictor » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:17 pm

Is he getting doubled every play? I don't even think he was single-covered on that 80+ yard touchdown tonight lol.

schiewerma21
All Pro
All Pro

Postby schiewerma21 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:26 pm

Ok^^^^ no wr is doubled every play.

But you should have understood my point. He is the focus of the defense on each snap he is out there.

And ya to all the other comments, Julio brown especially I'm cool over beckham. I just wonder how long does he have to do this for before some just go wow we could be looking at the most gifted wr ever.

We just have never seen anyone like this kid. The consistency has also been crazy.
I thought for sure the Tds would drop... Nope.

Maybe the yardage... He can't really average over 100 yards per game can he? Yes he can.

Maybe the catches..... Most all time.

It's all around. His route running. His hands. Big play ability. Can jump out of the stadium. Dude is a freak. Imagine if Antonio brown was the athlete of beckham? That's basically what he is. Brown with unlimited athleticism.

It's crazy and a privledge to witness.
TEAM 1: 12 man PPR (.25 passing and rushing attempt) dynasty league
QB:Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Zach Wilson
RB: Saquon Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, JK Dobbins, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Deandre Swift
WR: Tyreek Hill, Justin Jefferson, Deandre Hopkins, Chris Godwin, Jamaar Chase, Allen Robinson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Kyle Pitts, Hunter Henry

TEAM 2: 10 MAN Superflex. (standard PPR).
QB: Mahomes, Wilson, Stafford, Wentz, Jimmy G
RB: Mccaffrey, Zeke, Javonte, Akers, Jacobs, Edmonds, Henderson, Fournette, Pollard
WR: Adams, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Aiyuk, Odell Beckham, Devonta Smith Julio,Shenault
TE: Travis Kelce, George Kittle

TEAM 3:10 MAN PPR (2 QUARTERBACK LEAGUE took over orphan 2016) Dynasty League
QB: Dak, Lamar, Tua, Winston, Bridgewater,
RB: Mccaffrey, Henry, Aaron Jones, Chubb, Mike Davis
WR: Aj Brown, Terry Mclaurin, Theilen, Godwin, Juedy, Sutton, Watkins, Davis, Crowder
TE: Waller, Engram, Geodtert
2021picks: 1.10,3.10

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:36 am

he is not THE number 1 wr but it will never be consensus on that spot. he is in the top 5 sure but julio and antonio imo are in that top spot discussion and obj is in the running for 3rd best with dez, ajg, nuk.

i will personally likely never own obj tho because if im gonna pay a premium price for a stud wr i trust julio and antonio more so id rather go for one of them
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:53 am

He's my 1.01 startup player right now, so that obviously makes him my WR1 as well. I was slow to move him up my rankings due to the 12 game sample size (though I had him right after the elite tier going into this season), but I've seen enough now to feel more than comfortable putting him at the top of my list. What sets him apart from the rest of the elite tier for me is his age.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

C_n_red_again
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby C_n_red_again » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:20 am

When you look at all factors including age he's easily the top asset in dynasty. He's as gifted a wr as anyone outside of Antonio brown and he's significantly younger than all the top wide receivers outside of nuk. I hate to sound like that guy but anyone who suggests he's not the top asset likely doesn't have any shares of him. Dude seriously has skills and does stuff that leaves me in awe on a weekly basis. That first td last night was amazing
RUDL TEAM SIX
devy-dynasty-salary cap-12 teams-full ppr
1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1flex dst kicker
Qb- Carson wentz
Rb- jay Ajayi, Joe Mixon, Damien Williams, James Connor
Wr- juju smith, Odell beckham, nuk Hopkins, , Michael Thomas,
TE- George kittle, Ian Thomas, chris Herndon
Devy squad- courtland sutton, jk dobbins , Jonathan Taylor, Travis ettienne, aj dillon
2014 runner up 2015 Champs 2016 champ 2017 runner up 2018 runner up

Team 2 horns and fins
Dynasty, devy, salary cap, 24 man roster start 1qb 2 Rb 1 tight end and a flex
Qb russel Wilson Phillip Rivers Marcus mariotta
Rb saquan barkely, Ezekiel Elliot, Christian mcafrey, Nick Chubb, Ronald Jones
Wr Keenan Allen, Micheal Thomas, Corey Davis, ty hilton
Tight end jack Doyle
Ir dairiuce guice
Devy squad jk dobbins Travis ettienne Damien Harris traveone Williams, Miles Sanders,deandre Swift, kelvin Harmon , aj brown,Brian Edwards,N’Keal Harry, tee higgins, Jerry juedy, Collin Johnson, courtland Sutton
2017 runner up 2018 champion

RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby RGKID144 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:10 am

Not gonna lie, it's quite nice owning both Julio AND ODB.

It still feels like a dream owning ODB, though. I'm a monster Giants fan and own ODB in dynasty. He is just an absolute monster. Watching him play is something beautiful. I was talking with my buddy last night after his tippy toe end zone grab, and all we could think about is how calculated that was. He just makes the most sensational plays using his full body that I have ever seen. He knew EXACTLY what he was doing that entire grab and it's simply incredible that he can use his body in the way that he does.

I'm in the playoffs in two leagues, and had a pretty good chance at heading to the semis in one league last night. I had Lamar Miller +8 points VS his ODB. Lamar Miller pretty much sealed the deal for me in the first half until I got ODB'ed. I honestly at no point was ever as mad as I should have been. Aside from the fact that my Gmen homerism helped soften the blow, I kinda knew in the back of my mind that ODB was going to come back and win it for him. I have been ODB'ing people in my dyno league all year and he's just a cold blooded killer. I expected it because that's what he does.
Entering year ten of Dynasty 10 team 2QB/2RB/4WR/1TE/1FLEX(rb/wr/te).

QB: Bryce Young, Jared Goff, Mac Jones, Zach Wilson, Stetson Bennett.
WR: Garret Wilson, Devonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Odell Beckham, Treylon Burks, Zay Flowers, Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown, Kenny Golladay.
RB: Bijan Robinson, Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson, Donta Foreman, Michael Carter, James Robinson, Dontrell Hilliard.
TE: Evan Engram, David Njoku, Trey McBride, Matt LaPorta Jelani Woods, Bob Tonyan.

RGKID144
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby RGKID144 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:12 am

ALSO........last year, right around the Super Bowl, I traded Leveon Bell for ODB and a 2nd round pick. Really crazy how things pan out.
Entering year ten of Dynasty 10 team 2QB/2RB/4WR/1TE/1FLEX(rb/wr/te).

QB: Bryce Young, Jared Goff, Mac Jones, Zach Wilson, Stetson Bennett.
WR: Garret Wilson, Devonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Odell Beckham, Treylon Burks, Zay Flowers, Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown, Kenny Golladay.
RB: Bijan Robinson, Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson, Donta Foreman, Michael Carter, James Robinson, Dontrell Hilliard.
TE: Evan Engram, David Njoku, Trey McBride, Matt LaPorta Jelani Woods, Bob Tonyan.

UnsafeAtAnySpd
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UnsafeAtAnySpd » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:26 am

He gets Josh Norman this week. It'll be interesting how that goes (meanwhile Julio has the Jags).

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:34 am

C_n_red_again wrote:When you look at all factors including age he's easily the top asset in dynasty. He's as gifted a wr as anyone outside of Antonio brown and he's significantly younger than all the top wide receivers outside of nuk. I hate to sound like that guy but anyone who suggests he's not the top asset likely doesn't have any shares of him. Dude seriously has skills and does stuff that leaves me in awe on a weekly basis. That first td last night was amazing
I own ZERO shares of Beckham, and I still have him as my top dynasty asset. Us non -OBJ owners can only live in denial for so long. LOL
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

snitchinsider
Role Player
Role Player

Postby snitchinsider » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:01 am

hailtoyourvictor wrote:Is he getting doubled every play? I don't even think he was single-covered on that 80+ yard touchdown tonight lol.
A lot of people will be calling his long TD "blown coverage," but that's a little bit misleading. The coverage was blown because Beckham ran a great slant-and-go that the safety bit on. The safety tried to jump the slant Beckham showed him, and he turned up field.
Hopkins elitist.
Abdullah apologist.
Ajayi truther.
Bortles drum banger.

C_n_red_again
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby C_n_red_again » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:08 am

To piggyback on my previous post there were soooooo many forum members in the offseason predicting he'd be a one year wonder, that his stats were inflated by huge target totals, or that defenses would adjust to him based on a seasons worth of game footage. The guy is putting up last years stats on less targets. Dare we say he might actually still be improving. Let this sink in. In the history of the nfl obj has the most receptions and yardage and is second in total tds in the first 25 games. I get that he is a whiner and a diva. I hate to throw transcendent talent level out there but he just might be that and if not he is certainly elite.
RUDL TEAM SIX
devy-dynasty-salary cap-12 teams-full ppr
1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1flex dst kicker
Qb- Carson wentz
Rb- jay Ajayi, Joe Mixon, Damien Williams, James Connor
Wr- juju smith, Odell beckham, nuk Hopkins, , Michael Thomas,
TE- George kittle, Ian Thomas, chris Herndon
Devy squad- courtland sutton, jk dobbins , Jonathan Taylor, Travis ettienne, aj dillon
2014 runner up 2015 Champs 2016 champ 2017 runner up 2018 runner up

Team 2 horns and fins
Dynasty, devy, salary cap, 24 man roster start 1qb 2 Rb 1 tight end and a flex
Qb russel Wilson Phillip Rivers Marcus mariotta
Rb saquan barkely, Ezekiel Elliot, Christian mcafrey, Nick Chubb, Ronald Jones
Wr Keenan Allen, Micheal Thomas, Corey Davis, ty hilton
Tight end jack Doyle
Ir dairiuce guice
Devy squad jk dobbins Travis ettienne Damien Harris traveone Williams, Miles Sanders,deandre Swift, kelvin Harmon , aj brown,Brian Edwards,N’Keal Harry, tee higgins, Jerry juedy, Collin Johnson, courtland Sutton
2017 runner up 2018 champion

ccj
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ccj » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:23 am

Bot101 wrote:Im sticking with Julio. Sorry OBJ.
Julio was #1 for me until last night. Beckham exceeded my year two expectations. His ceiling is realistically as high as anyone but prime Calvin and he's young. I'm on board, OBJ #1 asset.