Josh Gordon

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Thedude30
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Josh Gordon

Postby Thedude30 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:21 pm

Curious to hear what people's thoughts and philosophies are with Gordon. It seems he won't be back with Cleveland next season. I have read of links to the Niners, Raiders, Colts, and Eagles to name a few. Which team do you think he may join, and where do you think he may have the best chance to succeed? Also, if you were to move him now, what would it be for?

Recently I was watching some footage of him from 2013 and it reminded me how dominate he can be, the real big question is can he ever get his head together? He is stilly young, and hopefully he can grow at some point and find a franchise that is willing to put in the effort.
Last edited by Thedude30 on Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

evorzan
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Josh Gordon

Postby evorzan » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:26 pm

I wouldn't move him now. If you have him, you have him, because you either got him before his value blew up and you held him, you bought him when he was high and you really shouldn't cut your losses yet, or you bought low during his suspension in which case you don't have all that much invested anyway.

But I hope he lands with a team with real offensive potential like Indy or Philly.
Follow me @evorzan on Twitter
Formerly posting as Steveeb

Thedude30
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Thedude30 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:30 pm

Steveeb wrote:I wouldn't move him now. If you have him, you have him, because you either got him before his value blew up and you held him, you bought him when he was high and you really shouldn't cut your losses yet, or you bought low during his suspension in which case you don't have all that much invested anyway.

But I hope he lands with a team with real offensive potential like Indy or Philly.
I drafted him pretty deep in a startup in 2014, so I don't have too much invested, however if the right offer came across my table it would hard to Deny. Man, he looked good in 2013, after his disappointing 2014 it's hard to remember how good he was the year before.

rock-hammerson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rock-hammerson » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:38 pm

Hopefully not the colts. Irsay would have a drug buddy.
10 team ppr 32 man rosters when season starts. 1QB- 2RB- 3WR- 1TE- 2Flex and k/def
QB- Luck, Winston, Glennon
RB- Gurley, Lynch, J. Howard, Gore, Rawls, Prosise, CJ Anderson, J. Williams(BUF), Lasco, DJ Foster, M. Brown, Perkins
WR- OBJ, Hopkins, Evans, Michael Thomas, Pryor, Gordon, Snead, Latimer, Mitchell, Spruce, Turner, K. Bell, Billingsly, Carter, Campanaro
TE- Gronkowski, Rudolph, M. Williams, Swoope, Gathers
K- Gostkowski
DST- Carolina

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:45 pm

thedude30 wrote:Curious to hear what people's thoughts and philosophies are with Gordon. It seems he won't be back with Cleveland next season. I have read of links to the Niners, Raiders, Colts, and Eagles to name a few. Which team do you think he may join, and where do you think he may have the best chance to succeed? Also, if you were to move him now, what would it be for?

Recently I was watching some footage of him from 2013 and it reminded me how dominate he can be, the real big question is can he ever get his head together? He is stilly young, and hopefully he can grow at some point and find a franchise that is willing to put in the effort.
he *could* succeed at any one of the aforementioned landing spots--they all have better QBs than the browns, IMO. Whether he's going to stay clean AND put in the work is the issue.

If I were to make a move for him, I'd pay a late 1st at most.

kingnesta
Role Player
Role Player

Postby kingnesta » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:10 pm

Talking about staying clean; I went and read up on the NFLdrug policy and it appears now that Josh Gordon will only end up with a four game fine on his next incident and a four game suspension if a incident happens after that. I could be reading into this wrong but the rules read out as first incident put in drug program, second incident is a two game fine, third incident is a four game fine, fourth incident is a four game suspension and the fifth incident is a ten game suspension. He has the codeine incident as his first and the positive test as his second. The reason for the ten game suspension last year was because the incident took place before the new drug policy. It took place at then of the season in the winter but wasn't anounced until around the draft. Again I could be reading into this incorrectly.
12 team-PPR-49 man roster IDP 1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex(rb/wr/te), K, 1 DT, 1 DE, 2 LB, 1 DB, 1 Flex (DL,LB,DB)
QB - Ryan, Winston, McCarron
RB - Hunt, Hyde, CJ Anderson, Dixon, Stewart
WR - Julio Jones, Hopkins, Allen, Jeffrey, Cobb, Moncrief, Floyd, Nelson, Rogers, Godwin
TE - Olsen, Ertz, Doyle, Cook
K - Lutz
DT - McCoy, Linval Joseph
DE - Mario Edwards, Avril, Graham
LB - Kirksey, Alexander, Timmons, Trevathan, McKinney, Minter
DB - Jenkins, Byron Jones

kingnesta
Role Player
Role Player

Postby kingnesta » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:24 pm

Here is the nflpa link: https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/ ... -29-14.pdf

Pages 14-19 is the actual drug stage outline.
12 team-PPR-49 man roster IDP 1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex(rb/wr/te), K, 1 DT, 1 DE, 2 LB, 1 DB, 1 Flex (DL,LB,DB)
QB - Ryan, Winston, McCarron
RB - Hunt, Hyde, CJ Anderson, Dixon, Stewart
WR - Julio Jones, Hopkins, Allen, Jeffrey, Cobb, Moncrief, Floyd, Nelson, Rogers, Godwin
TE - Olsen, Ertz, Doyle, Cook
K - Lutz
DT - McCoy, Linval Joseph
DE - Mario Edwards, Avril, Graham
LB - Kirksey, Alexander, Timmons, Trevathan, McKinney, Minter
DB - Jenkins, Byron Jones

PerennialChump
Rookie
Rookie

Postby PerennialChump » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:49 am

If he can be good in Cleveland, he can be good anywhere. I hope it's not Indy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C_n_red_again
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby C_n_red_again » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:04 am

If he puts in the work theres only a handful of individuals with his physical gifts. Recently acquired him for duke Johnson and derrick Henry and the trade was offered to me so that's the perceived value by some impatient owners. Btw I snap accepted when I saw that trade come in
RUDL TEAM SIX
devy-dynasty-salary cap-12 teams-full ppr
1qb 2rb 3wr 1te 1flex dst kicker
Qb- Carson wentz
Rb- jay Ajayi, Joe Mixon, Damien Williams, James Connor
Wr- juju smith, Odell beckham, nuk Hopkins, , Michael Thomas,
TE- George kittle, Ian Thomas, chris Herndon
Devy squad- courtland sutton, jk dobbins , Jonathan Taylor, Travis ettienne, aj dillon
2014 runner up 2015 Champs 2016 champ 2017 runner up 2018 runner up

Team 2 horns and fins
Dynasty, devy, salary cap, 24 man roster start 1qb 2 Rb 1 tight end and a flex
Qb russel Wilson Phillip Rivers Marcus mariotta
Rb saquan barkely, Ezekiel Elliot, Christian mcafrey, Nick Chubb, Ronald Jones
Wr Keenan Allen, Micheal Thomas, Corey Davis, ty hilton
Tight end jack Doyle
Ir dairiuce guice
Devy squad jk dobbins Travis ettienne Damien Harris traveone Williams, Miles Sanders,deandre Swift, kelvin Harmon , aj brown,Brian Edwards,N’Keal Harry, tee higgins, Jerry juedy, Collin Johnson, courtland Sutton
2017 runner up 2018 champion

NanceUSMC
Role Player
Role Player

Postby NanceUSMC » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:12 am

I bought Gordon last offseason for SSmith and Edelman, and knew completely what I was buying into... I view him as my lottery ticket... We all know what he's capable of producing... And he did that with a club that can't seem to get out of it's own way... I haven't seen any reports regarding Gordon changing teams, but I personally believe a change of scenery to a more structured and disciplined team (imagine him in New England???) may be the best thing for him...

As for what it would take for me to move him? Well, I doubt any other owner would be willing to part with what I'd be asking for... I'm not interested in selling him at Kia prices, when I know he's a Lamborghini talent... IF (and I know it's a risky 'if') he puts it all together, he's capable of carrying a team to many a championship for years to come... And if he doesn't, (for me) I'm out Smith and Edelman...
10 team Non-PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, 1Def), full keeper, 23 man roster, established 2013

QB: Tannehill, Tua
RB: CEH, Swift, Sanders, Bell, Fournette, Etienne
WR: Jones, Hopkins, Chase, D Smith, Bateman, Parker, Fuller, Harry, D Johnson, D Samuel, P Williams, Higgins, Chark
K: Butker
Def: Baltimore, Carolina

Championships: 2015, 2017

2014: 1.01 (Became Watkins)
2015: 1.03, 1.04, 3.04 (Became Gurley, Yeldon, CAP, Robinson UDFA)
2016: 1.10 (Became Fuller)
2017: 1.01, 3.07 (Became Fournette, Henderson)
2018: 2.10 (Became Chark)
2019: 1.04 (Became Harry, Samuel, Williams, Isabella, Johnson)
2020: 1.01, 1.05, 2.01, 3.01 (Became CEH, Swift, Tua, Higgins)
2021: 1.03, 1.08, 2.03, 3.03 (Became Chase, D Smith, Etienne, Bateman)

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:37 am

Umm why will he not be back in Cleveland? Last I heard the suspension for week 17 kept him from becoming a UFA, and I don't think there will be a lot of teams banging down their door trying to trade for him given his off-field risk. But I think he proved in 2013 that it doesn't much matter where he plays, it's more a question of whether he wants to or not. (Manziel can't be Tebow-bad can he?) I think a lot of people are undervaluing Gordon right now, if he's not suspended before the season starts he's going to be a top WR in redrafts and he's younger than Kelvin Benjamin.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:12 am

Tsunami wrote:Umm why will he not be back in Cleveland? Last I heard the suspension for week 17 kept him from becoming a UFA, and I don't think there will be a lot of teams banging down their door trying to trade for him given his off-field risk.
This is why..
After attending GM Ray Farmer's year-ending press conference Tuesday, ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi sensed a "definite feeling" that Josh Gordon won't be back with the Browns in 2015.
The Chronicle-Telegram's Scott Petrak gets the same feeling. Grossi went as far to say it may take "only five minutes" into staff meetings next week for the team to decide on Gordon. You'd have to think the Browns will try and trade Gordon before outright waiving him, but a split seems likelier by the day. Tue, Dec 30, 2014 10:38:00 AM
Coach Mike Pettine said Josh Gordon is at a "crossroads" with the Browns.
"It's not the ability, but at some point you get tired of using the word potential," said Pettine. "This offseason for him puts him squarely in a crossroads with us." Pettine went on to say that he wants Gordon to remain with the team, but only if he's accountable for his actions and takes his job seriously. Expect the Browns to dangle Gordon in trade talks this offseason. We can't see Cleveland flat-out cutting him. He'd still likely fetch a third-round pick. Mon, Dec 29, 2014 08:42:00 PM
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Josh Gordon is viewed as a "perpetual problem" inside the Browns' organization and "has to go."
Let the pile-on begin. The Gordon bashers have come out in full force the past month, and it's now coming to a head after the team suspended him for the season finale because he missed Saturday's walkthrough. Words like "former star" and "habitually late" were also mentioned in the CBS piece. The Browns put up with Gordon's problems when he posted one of the best seasons in NFL history last season, but now that their season has collapsed in front of them, it's time to throw blame wherever. And Gordon and Johnny Manziel are the ones receiving it. The Browns have been an historically-bad organization for years now. They'd be dumb to dump Gordon. But it appears a split may be coming. Sun, Dec 28, 2014 09:53:00 AM
ESPN Cleveland doesn't expect Josh Gordon to remain with the Browns in 2015.
The Browns suspended Gordon after he failed to show up for Saturday's walk-through. He'll finish with just five games active this season, which could prevent him from being eligible for unrestricted free agency in 2016. Per ESPN's Tony Grossi, "it appears doubtful" Gordon will be back with the team. The Browns nearly traded Gordon prior to the 2013 deadline and could shop him again this offseason. Sat, Dec 27, 2014 02:49:00 PM
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:41 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote:
Tsunami wrote:Umm why will he not be back in Cleveland? Last I heard the suspension for week 17 kept him from becoming a UFA, and I don't think there will be a lot of teams banging down their door trying to trade for him given his off-field risk.
This is why..
After attending GM Ray Farmer's year-ending press conference Tuesday, ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi sensed a "definite feeling" that Josh Gordon won't be back with the Browns in 2015.
The Chronicle-Telegram's Scott Petrak gets the same feeling. Grossi went as far to say it may take "only five minutes" into staff meetings next week for the team to decide on Gordon. You'd have to think the Browns will try and trade Gordon before outright waiving him, but a split seems likelier by the day. Tue, Dec 30, 2014 10:38:00 AM
Coach Mike Pettine said Josh Gordon is at a "crossroads" with the Browns.
"It's not the ability, but at some point you get tired of using the word potential," said Pettine. "This offseason for him puts him squarely in a crossroads with us." Pettine went on to say that he wants Gordon to remain with the team, but only if he's accountable for his actions and takes his job seriously. Expect the Browns to dangle Gordon in trade talks this offseason. We can't see Cleveland flat-out cutting him. He'd still likely fetch a third-round pick. Mon, Dec 29, 2014 08:42:00 PM
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Josh Gordon is viewed as a "perpetual problem" inside the Browns' organization and "has to go."
Let the pile-on begin. The Gordon bashers have come out in full force the past month, and it's now coming to a head after the team suspended him for the season finale because he missed Saturday's walkthrough. Words like "former star" and "habitually late" were also mentioned in the CBS piece. The Browns put up with Gordon's problems when he posted one of the best seasons in NFL history last season, but now that their season has collapsed in front of them, it's time to throw blame wherever. And Gordon and Johnny Manziel are the ones receiving it. The Browns have been an historically-bad organization for years now. They'd be dumb to dump Gordon. But it appears a split may be coming. Sun, Dec 28, 2014 09:53:00 AM
ESPN Cleveland doesn't expect Josh Gordon to remain with the Browns in 2015.
The Browns suspended Gordon after he failed to show up for Saturday's walk-through. He'll finish with just five games active this season, which could prevent him from being eligible for unrestricted free agency in 2016. Per ESPN's Tony Grossi, "it appears doubtful" Gordon will be back with the team. The Browns nearly traded Gordon prior to the 2013 deadline and could shop him again this offseason. Sat, Dec 27, 2014 02:49:00 PM
Good argument, but I don't believe you.

Azhais
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Azhais » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:48 pm

@AdamSchefter
Browns WR Josh Gordon flunked another drug test and now will be subject to a one-year banishment, per league sources.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 8435160064

pjh0736
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby pjh0736 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:55 pm

Azhais wrote:@AdamSchefter
Browns WR Josh Gordon flunked another drug test and now will be subject to a one-year banishment, per league sources.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 8435160064
What a fricken moron
TM1 12tmPPR 1QB, 2RB ,3WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1DEF
QB Daniel Jones, Dak Prescott, Jameis Winston

RB Saquon Barkley, James Conner, Joe Mixon, Chris Carson, Javonte Williams, Latavius Murray, DeeJay Dallas, Gerrid Doaks, Benny Snell

WR Davante Adams, Julio Jones, Tyler Boyd, Chris Godwin, Anthony Miller, Nelson Agholor, Robby Anderson, Zach Pascal, Rondale Moore, Jaelon Darden,

TE: Dallas Goedert, Austin Hooper, Dawson Knox

D 49ers,Ravens

Taxi Squad
Parris Campbell, Cornell Powell

Picks: 22 2nd, 22 3rd, 22 4th