https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/663789776840097792

Sucks. Big time.

Will he be ready for 2016?

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Re: Dion Lewis: Torn ACL

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:57 am

That really does suck. Belicheck finally finds a RB that he's using, regardless of the situation and now this, now all of us are back to guessing what the Pats will do on a weekly basis. I'll probably just pass on the situation, since I don't own Blount anywhere.
12 TEAM PPR 1QB 1/3RB 1/3WR 1TE 2FLEX 1D 1K

Team 1: 8-5-2019 Champs 8-5-2020 Champs 11-3-2021 Champs
QBs: D.Carr, C.Wentz
RBs: J.Taylor, A.Jones, J.Mixon, B.Robinson
WRs: T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, K.Allen, J.Jones, K.Golladay
TEs: T.Kelce, P.Freiermuth

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 10-3-Championship 2021: 12-2-Runner Up
QBs: J.Allen, Winston, Trubisky
RBs: Ekeler, J.Williams, M.Gordon, J.Jacobs, I.Spiller
WRs: C.Kupp, T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, D.Mooney, N.Collins, M.Hardman
TEs: D.Waller, D.Schultz, Albert O

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 9-4

QBs: Mahomes, J.Allen, J.Love, Trubisky
RBs: A.Jones, M.Gordon, McKissic, K.Vaughn, B.Snell
WRs: J.Jefferson, T.McLaurin, K.Golladay, M.Pittman,T.Patrick
TEs: M.Andrews,D.Schultz

2019: 9 championships
2020: 7 championships-including 2 DLF Series Championships
2021: 9 championships-including 3 DLF Series Championships

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:05 pm

I fear this just kills him. They will replace the RB position through the draft and wouldn't be surprised to see him released later.

Who is the next guy up in that role though? Bolden or White?

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:06 pm

balaberda wrote:I fear this just kills him. They will replace the RB position through the draft and wouldn't be surprised to see him released later.

Who is the next guy up in that role though? Bolden or White?
Could be anyone. It's back to the BB RB wheel of death.

I really hope they just stick with him for next year... but shoot. That sucks.

Franky Four Fingers
Starter
Starter

Postby Franky Four Fingers » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:10 pm

Serious gut punch to one of my teams. He was making up for the turdly play of fat Eddie. He should be back next year though since they literally gave him a two year contract last month. But for how he looks once he's back who knows.

splendorlex
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby splendorlex » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:28 pm

I think he's back next year. They did just give him another contract, and it was a fairly cheap one for the team.
My DLF Articles
Twitter: @RyanCFinley
DLF Premium League
Team IrishDoom
Kitchen Sink 4
First Pick of Destiny
Maddog Football League (Keeper)
F Bombs

Detroitcity
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Detroitcity » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:31 pm

Definitely sucks for him and his fantasy owners. On a positive note, I made several offers for him over the past few weeks in 2 leagues (including offering a late 1st/3rd) and the offers were rejected. Also sold him early on this year in one league for 3 - 2016 2nds and had begun to regret that... but now I feel much better about it

joekool
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby joekool » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:37 pm

Sucks for him, but hope it somehow magically downgrades the Patriots

f the Pats

:)

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:39 pm

Detroitcity wrote:Definitely sucks for him and his fantasy owners. On a positive note, I made several offers for him over the past few weeks in 2 leagues (including offering a late 1st/3rd) and the offers were rejected. Also sold him early on this year in one league for 3 - 2016 2nds and had begun to regret that... but now I feel much better about it
Yeah, as recent as yesterday morning an owner offered me Moncrief for Lewis. Under normal circumstances I would have taken that but my only two RBs with a pulse were Lewis/West and a I'm trying to contend.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:39 pm

dlf_ryanf wrote:I think he's back next year. They did just give him another contract, and it was a fairly cheap one for the team.
Forgot he signed that contract in year. He definitely sticks around but there is no way the patriots don't add depth somewhere. Draft or free agency.

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:40 pm

I've lost all 3 of my starting RB's. I don't even know if I'm going to try to get replacements or if I'm just going to start mediocre players and see what happens. So frustrating.

Detroitcity
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Detroitcity » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:45 pm

steelman wrote:I've lost all 3 of my starting RB's. I don't even know if I'm going to try to get replacements or if I'm just going to start mediocre players and see what happens. So frustrating.
Fantasy is a mother***** at times! You never know, with all of the injuries this year you could end up on the "other" side of an injury

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:55 pm

Detroitcity wrote:
steelman wrote:I've lost all 3 of my starting RB's. I don't even know if I'm going to try to get replacements or if I'm just going to start mediocre players and see what happens. So frustrating.
Fantasy is a mother***** at times! You never know, with all of the injuries this year you could end up on the "other" side of an injury
I agree but also think that some people don't prepare for this. I looked through most of the teams in all of my league and tons of owners have just as many WR as RB. I don't understand this. While WR can get hurt it is usually the RB that is hurt.

When Charles got hurt West is doing fine. When Bell got hurt Williams is doing fine. I am sure Langford will be serviceable tonight also.

Why do people feel like they need to stash sketchy WR prospects over top of RB handcuffs? People need to start over paying for WR and then re-load RB depth.

Now obviously losing 3 of your starting RB is over kill but many people stash way too many WR (Randle, Woods, etc)

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:57 pm

Beyond fantasy...we're losing a lot of players that are REALLY fun to watch. It's a loss for all football fans. Kid could play.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:07 pm

balaberda wrote:
Detroitcity wrote:
I agree but also think that some people don't prepare for this. I looked through most of the teams in all of my league and tons of owners have just as many WR as RB. I don't understand this. While WR can get hurt it is usually the RB that is hurt.

When Charles got hurt West is doing fine. When Bell got hurt Williams is doing fine. I am sure Langford will be serviceable tonight also.

Why do people feel like they need to stash sketchy WR prospects over top of RB handcuffs? People need to start over paying for WR and then re-load RB depth.

Now obviously losing 3 of your starting RB is over kill but many people stash way too many WR (Randle, Woods, etc)
You talk like it's easy to acquire RB's. Guys in my league do not trade away RB's, even handcuffs. I tried to acquire both Langford and Williams multiple times this year but the price was way too high. At some point it doesn't make sense to pay for guys that in all likelihood will not start. I didn't have Charles, but West wasn't for sale either, not without a massive overpay.

There's so few RB's to go around and you make it sound like it's easy to just trade for them.