General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Sophomore WRs.....

Postby dlf_jules » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:58 pm

Lotto4Life wrote:
dlf_jules wrote:If Cobb had an ADP in the 4th round of startups
I guess I didn't realize Adams had that high of an ADP.
And that was before Jordy's injury. In September mocks, his ADP was 33.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:30 pm

Lotto4Life wrote:
Cameron Giles wrote:
Lotto4Life wrote: 2 rushes for 48 yards and a return TD. And that third game was a dumpster fire all the way around at Seattle.
But only 11/96 in 3 games as a receiver? Trending down.
People saw his electricity when he had the ball.
And there are people who saw Adams flash last season and produce at a good clip in college. It's not exactly left field. ADP for young receivers, who flash and have high draft pedigree will always be very high. It's nothing new in dynasty.

The point isn't Adams vs. Cobb as prospects, its simply such a miniscule sample size to confirm he's trending down. If he was in Cody Latimer's position, then it'd be on the money.

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:41 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: And there are people who saw Adams flash last season and produce at a good clip in college. It's not exactly left field. ADP for young receivers, who flash and have high draft pedigree will always be very high. It's nothing new in dynasty.
It is pretty new. Adams (circa June 2015) and Cobb (June 2012) had pretty similar draft pedigrees, 1st-year production, and projected situations. Yet Cobb was going in the 9th round of startups and Adams was going in the 4th. And it's not just Cobb. Prices for rookie and sophomore WRs have skyrocketed in recent years, specifically the 2012-15 rookies.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:27 pm

dlf_jules wrote: It is pretty new. Adams (circa June 2015) and Cobb (June 2012) had pretty similar draft pedigrees, 1st-year production, and projected situations. Yet Cobb was going in the 9th round of startups and Adams was going in the 4th. And it's not just Cobb. Prices for rookie and sophomore WRs have skyrocketed in recent years, specifically the 2012-15 rookies.
2012: Jennings/Jones/Nelson all in their prime and even Jermichael Finley, who was coming off a 55/767/8 season at age 25. I can buy that many did not expect Cobb to lead that group in yards and receptions.

If Adams were in a similar situation, his ADP would be much lower. Otherwise the combination of pretty good college production, draft pedigree, increasing opportunity/role and Aaron Rodgers explains it.

AS3Dynasty
Role Player
Role Player

Postby AS3Dynasty » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:16 pm

dlf_jules wrote: Latimer -- I'm still not convinced he's a real person
I'm way late to this party, but this really made me lol
Team 1 - 10 Team, PPR, IDP, Year 2
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, 2 LB, 2 DL, 2 DB
QB: Ryan, Palmer
RB: Gurley, Gordon, Hill, Gio, Spiller, Mason
WR: Julio, AJG, BMarsh, Cooks, JBrown, Wallace, Quick, Crowder, Huff
TE: Gates, Julius, Ladarius, Watson
K: Prater
LB: Bowman, Shazier, Posluszny
DL: Quinn, Hardy
DB: Chancellor, Talib, Norman
IR: JGordon, Fowler, Zenner

Team 2 - 10 Team, PPR, IDP-Tackle Heavy, Year 2
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, 1 LB, 1 DL, 1 DB
QB: Tanny, Kaep, Bradford
RB: Foster, Hill, Yeldon, Abdullah, Duke, Bell, Blue, Mason
WR: AJG, Alshon, Floyd, Quick, Perriman, Dorsett, Huff, Conley, Woods, DSmith, Latimer, Coleman
TE: Reed, Rudolph, Watson
K: Bailey
LB: Ogletree, Telvin
DL: ABailey
DB: Cyprien
IR: Jordy, JGordon, DCobb

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:14 pm

dlf_jules wrote:
Cameron Giles wrote: And there are people who saw Adams flash last season and produce at a good clip in college. It's not exactly left field. ADP for young receivers, who flash and have high draft pedigree will always be very high. It's nothing new in dynasty.
It is pretty new. Adams (circa June 2015) and Cobb (June 2012) had pretty similar draft pedigrees, 1st-year production, and projected situations. Yet Cobb was going in the 9th round of startups and Adams was going in the 4th. And it's not just Cobb. Prices for rookie and sophomore WRs have skyrocketed in recent years, specifically the 2012-15 rookies.
Green Bay has proven adept at finding wide receiver talent in the draft and Cobb is a big reason for that, along with Jennings & Jordy. This has led to higher valuations of young GB WRs. Just look at Janis this offseason for how ridiculous valuations were getting. Was he overvalued? Undeniably. I don't really agree with your position that he's on his way to being a bust. His rookie season was very comparable to that of Cobb, Nelson & Jennings (in terms of pure WR production, Cobb added another dimension with his return and running capabilities). That certainly doesn't mean he's going to follow their progression, but it does give a lot of reason to not be down on him either.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:35 am

Update through week 9 (now with September ADP in lieu of subjective assessment). All numbers are per game.

1.04 Odell Beckham -- 19.69
1.07 Mike Evans -- 12.80
2.07 Brandin Cooks -- 14.33
2.10 Sammy Watkins -- 12.15
2.10 Jordan Matthews -- 13.89
3.05 Allen Robinson -- 18.34
3.09 Jarvis Landry -- 17.80
3.09 Davante Adams -- 7.66
4.11 John Brown -- 15.79
5.11 Kelvin Benjamin -- 0.00 (torn ACL)
9.04 Donte Moncrief -- 12.43
9.09 Cody Latimer -- 8.71 offensive snaps
13.03 Allen Hurns -- 16.69

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:34 pm

I'll add that if you take the game out where Evans was limited in snap count due to injury for 0 points, he's at 14.42 points.

I can't remember if Watkins was the same or he just wasn't targeted.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:03 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:I'll add that if you take the game out where Evans was limited in snap count due to injury for 0 points, he's at 14.42 points.

I can't remember if Watkins was the same or he just wasn't targeted.
Kind of like the John Brown game last week against the Browns where Arians tricked all of us (thank god I benched him anyways) lol
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

AlPal&Ange
All Pro
All Pro

Postby AlPal&Ange » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:06 pm

dlf_jules wrote:Update through week 9 (now with September ADP in lieu of subjective assessment). All numbers are per game.

1.04 Odell Beckham -- 19.69
1.07 Mike Evans -- 12.80
2.07 Brandin Cooks -- 14.33
2.10 Sammy Watkins -- 12.15
2.10 Jordan Matthews -- 13.89
3.05 Allen Robinson -- 18.34
3.09 Jarvis Landry -- 17.80
3.09 Davante Adams -- 7.66
4.11 John Brown -- 15.79
5.11 Kelvin Benjamin -- 0.00 (torn ACL)
9.04 Donte Moncrief -- 12.43
9.09 Cody Latimer -- 8.71 offensive snaps
13.03 Allen Hurns -- 16.69
Latimer's Snaps per games :lol:
:clap: :clap: That's a good one Jules :clap: :clap:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:27 pm

Robinson looked good against Revis. Revis ate Sammy Watkins lunch. I think Robinson has shown to be a better player this year. He's arguably more valuable than Evans, too. At least in my books.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:33 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:Robinson looked good against Revis. Revis ate Sammy Watkins lunch. I think Robinson has shown to be a better player this year. He's arguably more valuable than Evans, too. At least in my books.
Don't really agree with the Watkins comment. Was true last year, but Watkins had Revis beat for a big gain and Taylor just flat out missed him. He also had two concentration drops.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:39 pm

ericanadian wrote:
FantasyFreak wrote:Robinson looked good against Revis. Revis ate Sammy Watkins lunch. I think Robinson has shown to be a better player this year. He's arguably more valuable than Evans, too. At least in my books.
Don't really agree with the Watkins comment. Was true last year, but Watkins had Revis beat for a big gain and Taylor just flat out missed him. He also had two concentration drops.
Concentration drops or not, he dropped them and had a dud of a game. Sure he got open a few times, but overall Revis got the better of him.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:10 pm

Not really.
7 targets and he dropped 2 with 3 receptions meaning he was pretty open when the ball was coming. Revis certainly didn't eat his lunch. A better throw on that first play and it was a long TD...Sammy still should have had it but a better throw is a TD
BIG difference ARob playing from behind for 3Q and Sammy playing from ahead the whole game much. JAX couldn't run it and BUF was chewing the Jets up on the ground. Bortles/ARob/Hurns are awesome fantasy plays because they are always behind and their running game is not strong. Sort of garbage time heroes which is great for fantasy not-so-much for winning

Totally different game so comparing performances is a box score analyst making a call when that wasn't close to the case.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:45 pm

maxhyde wrote:Not really.
7 targets and he dropped 2 with 3 receptions meaning he was pretty open when the ball was coming. Revis certainly didn't eat his lunch. A better throw on that first play and it was a long TD...Sammy still should have had it but a better throw is a TD
BIG difference ARob playing from behind for 3Q and Sammy playing from ahead the whole game much. JAX couldn't run it and BUF was chewing the Jets up on the ground. Bortles/ARob/Hurns are awesome fantasy plays because they are always behind and their running game is not strong. Sort of garbage time heroes which is great for fantasy not-so-much for winning

Totally different game so comparing performances is a box score analyst making a call when that wasn't close to the case.
3 receptions for 14 yards. Not sure how you don't give Revis the win here. OK, maybe the lunch thing was a bit much, but Sammy did not do well overall against him in that game. Watkins needed to make that play, he didn't. He seems to have concentration problems, but I still give Revis the win in this matchup, how can you not?