HOF league discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: HOF league discussion

Postby sloth8u » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:11 pm

Im not sure how the worst team in the league last year takes either of those deals tbh...but im sure he has a plan.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:05 am

sloth8u wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:50 pm Foresure hock could bust. Im not insinuating he's anything more than a prospect here. You just dont typically see owners trade their top 10 prospect for the 32nd pick, and if they do... Youd think they'd want more than at best the 18th pick next yr in return.
I guess it depends on how sold one is re: the 2020 class. I've already seen people value their 2020 2nds higher than 2019 1sts - and we've seen the list of names some people are sharing as to potential 2020 draft targets.

https://forum.dynastyleaguefootball.com ... 5&t=184070
https://forum.dynastyleaguefootball.com ... 5&t=183331
https://forum.dynastyleaguefootball.com ... 5&t=182388

Anyways I dont feel bad about that offer from my end because I've gotten plenty worse from owners (in all leagues), and it is not like it was Hockenson for the picks - ie the trade accepted was all picks - the pick just turned into Hockenson.

As long as I can see a rationale for the offer being fair I am comfortable sending it. I'd never send a 2020 3rd for a Zeke though (plenty of people have sent 3rds for Hill/Hunt types) but we're talking about Rookies. :)

It was Pick 14 for a likely Pick 18-21 in 2020 and a later pick in the 2019 class. Had I taken someone else it would be a different story - not to mention 5 owners other than ericanadian passed on drafting him. Not in any way saying it was an amazing deal - just that I feel that a year from now we'll see who is available and have a better picture on the value. May end up being a steal - may end up being even - may end up being a mistake.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:06 am

4th trade of the draft!

TitusYoung'sLawyer gave up Year 2019 Draft Pick 2.08; Year 2020 Round 3 Draft Pick from TitusYoung'sLawyer
maxhyde gave up Year 2019 Draft Pick 2.07

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:14 am

ArrylT wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:06 am 4th trade of the draft!

TitusYoung'sLawyer gave up Year 2019 Draft Pick 2.08; Year 2020 Round 3 Draft Pick from TitusYoung'sLawyer
MH must have been worried TYL was going to snipe him!

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:21 am

thebeast wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:14 am
ArrylT wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:06 am 4th trade of the draft!

MH must have been worried TYL was going to snipe him!
I liked it. I saw two players left before another tier drop for me when I was on the clock. It was between Diontae and Harris. I would have done the same to guarantee the last guy in a tier.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:06 am

ericanadian wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:23 pm
ArrylT wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:45 pm Second trade of the draft!

ericanadian gave up Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.15
ArrylT gave up Year 2019 Draft Pick 2.15; Year 2020 Round 2 Draft Pick from ArrylT

My team is in a complete rebuild, so I know my 2nd will be a high 2nd (this year it was 2.02 - in 2020 I expect between 2.01-2.04*). So my guess is that ericanadian looks at this like moving back 2-3 spots and picking up an extra 2nd (if a late one in the 2.15). Knowing the hype behind the 2020 class, I have no doubt that the player that could be selected in the early 2nd may have more value than some players being drafted currently in the late 1st - fair or unfair.

I do know I was happy with the guy I drafted at 1.15, even if his value is more long-term than any immediate impact.

* - non playoff teams draft order determined by total points
I had Hock with a mid-1st grade, so a late and early second isn’t bad value even if he actually slipped as far as he did. If I even remotely needed a TE, I would’ve taken him with my first set of picks in the 1.08/1.09 range.
Agreed. I would have taken him at 1.07 but I never thought Sanders and Montgomery would both be there at 1.06/1.07
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:25 pm

sloth8u wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:50 pm
JFever wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:14 pm Well, on the surface, it sure looks like 2 dimes in return for a dollar kinda. Time will tell. I was offered a couple similar deals by owners attempting to move in or up. Nothing that even made me think too much though unfortunately.
Foresure hock could bust. Im not insinuating he's anything more than a prospect here. You just dont typically see owners trade their top 10 prospect for the 32nd pick, and if they do... Youd think they'd want more than at best the 18th pick next yr in return.

Imo, everyone should have been sending similar offers for picks if they wanted to move up or in.....value was "set" if you will.
Upside TEs just don’t have much value unless they become elite and there just aren’t a lot of guys breaking into that tier. If Hock does, then sure, this will be a bad deal for me. If he tops out as even a very good TE, he’s not going to give you much more than a mid-second round value. When you look at the current elite guys, it seems its as much about system/coaching as it is about the talent. Do I think Detroit or Miami are that situation? Both teams are run by former Pats DCs, so no.. I don’t. The coaches for the elite guys are exclusively offensive minded coaches (with the exception of Belichick, who is a genius on both sides of the ball). I don’t think that’s a coincidence, but you’re welcome to your opinion.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:57 pm

You guys dont need to defend your trade....i was pointing to the fact you had him in your top 10 and let him go for that. Next yr we'll all be sure to offer a similar offer for top 10 guys.

In terms of your te valuation eric....offers sent.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:18 pm

sloth8u wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:57 pm You guys dont need to defend your trade....i was pointing to the fact you had him in your top 10 and let him go for that. Next yr we'll all be sure to offer a similar offer for top 10 guys.

In terms of your te valuation eric....offers sent.
Cute. Glad I was able to provide you entertainment.

WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
K - Just a stupid kicker

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:22 pm

My point was proven.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:38 pm

sloth8u wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:22 pm My point was proven.
You’re just salty over not having had a winning season since we started this.

K - Just a stupid kicker

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:07 pm

If you scroll back a ways.....youll find im right on track. Playoffs yr 1 and then build. I believe we are in year 3 or 4 of that process. Im comfortable with how things are going.

I'll stop now as i see you've taken it personal. It was not meant to be an attack on you, rather how someone would decide to trade their top 10 asset for that. Rather than say its the best offer received or lay out some sort of thought process, Instead you elected to tell us that te's who are not elite are worth that. Then let us know you dont think hock reaches elite status.

In response to my offers...i was not trolling you. You stated where you value te. I need te. Plain and simple here.

Apologies for striking a nerve.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:57 pm

draft trade number five!

sloth8u gave up Year 2020 Round 2 Draft Pick from sloth8u
Seventy5 gave up Graham, Jimmy GBP TE; Year 2019 Draft Pick 2.12

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:20 pm

sloth8u wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:07 pm If you scroll back a ways.....youll find im right on track. Playoffs yr 1 and then build. I believe we are in year 3 or 4 of that process. Im comfortable with how things are going.

I'll stop now as i see you've taken it personal. It was not meant to be an attack on you, rather how someone would decide to trade their top 10 asset for that. Rather than say its the best offer received or lay out some sort of thought process, Instead you elected to tell us that te's who are not elite are worth that. Then let us know you dont think hock reaches elite status.

In response to my offers...i was not trolling you. You stated where you value te. I need te. Plain and simple here.

Apologies for striking a nerve.
You offered a 2020 3rd for Hunter Henry. It was reasonably funny, but seemed a little over the top to then do the same with Andrews & Herndon, while moving your offer up to a 2020 second on Henry while chiming in here. If you were serious with those offers, then your logic is seriously flawed. If it was a joke, tip of the hat to you. It was amusing, though I could do with out the passive aggressive denials after the fact.

K - Just a stupid kicker

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:00 pm

ericanadian wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 4:00 am
ArrylT wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:39 am Small trade that just recently went down:

ericanadian / Plank Trade

ericanadian gave up Year 2019 Draft Pick 2.13
Plank gave up Booker, Devontae DEN RB

2.13 is Pick #30 overall so cannot blame ericanadian one bit for buying a guy whose stock has been beaten down at that cost (a 3rd masquerading as a 2nd). Maybe an opportunity opens up in Denver if Freeman or Lindsay stumble, or he gets a fresh start elsewhere.
Booker was drafted in 2016 into a outside zone offense. Kubiak was then replaced with Joseph and the team moved to a man blocking scheme for 2017 & 2018. Now, a Shanahan disciple is coming to Denver, so they’ll likely be going back to an outside zone scheme, so while its still probable that Freeman (zone blocking in Oregon) or Lindsay (current lead back) will lead the backfield, I’m not super excited about this draft and I think Booker can do well in the role if he somehow gets a shot due to injuries or whatever.
I was a little hesitant to let Booker go, especially with Lindsay's hand/wrist injury .. but I was targeting Snell as insurance for Conner and wasn't sure my early 3rd pick would suffice. I was trying to figure out how to upgrade my 3rd to get in range, when this offer, came through. I snapped accepted because I felt pretty confident I could get him at the 2.13 ..

I still do like Booker, and I hope he does well ..
@PlankMelody