HOF league discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: HOF league discussion

Postby ArrylT » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:32 am

ArrylT wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:54 pm Having joined the DLF HOF league about 20 months ago one of my goals (in any league I join) is to trade with all the other franchises in that league. Here is an updated tally of owners/franchises that I have traded with.

Traded With

DLF_JaronF
ericanadian
JFever
Jules*
knotts4372
maxhyde
Plank
Seventy5
sloth8u
SteeveB*
thebeast
Valhalla

Owners who have blacklisted me ;)

BrianH (was steeveb)
Dookmariot
hockeybjj (was Jules)
nation31
TitusYoungsLawyer

Owners I cannot trade with since they left :(

auggiedoggies

* under new ownership so I need to trade with the new owners at some point
Updated! Recent additions italicized. 8-)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:35 am

Trade:

ArrylT gave up Ryan Finley CIN QB; Malcolm Brown LAR RB
maxhyde gave up Year 2020 Round 3 Draft Pick from TitusYoung'sLawyer

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:14 pm

DLF HOF Week IX Results:

Seventy5 123.45 thebeast 111.90

S5 was able to go over the DLF HOF speed limit of 75 fpph and just passed thebeast in the final lap to take the win.

knotts4372 152.30 maxhyde 150.85

This one could be adjusted due to scoring updates, so we'll have to wait and see - but right now knotts squeaks by in a tight high scoring matchup that may have saved his season.

sloth8u 111.55 TitusYoungsLawyer 90.80

TYLs achilles heel this week may have been at the TE position, but Rivers may have been distracted by the possibility of moving to London and has not been very reliable either. In any case sloth8u took home the win and Dalvin Cook continues to make a case for 2019 Fantasy MVP.

Valhalla 99.15 Plank 97.55

Apparently I was wrong and Valhalla did indeed field a winner this week. In part because Plank walked the plank and forgot to take Conner out. This may be a decision that could haunt Plank considering how tight the WC competition is. We'll see if any scoring adjustments change the result though ...

hockeybjj 106.35 DLF_JaronF 87.90

The Miracle on Ice has nothing on hockeybjj and his amazing season so far. Just his luck to play JaronF the week all his QBs are on bye or injured!

JFever 92.80 nation31 89.55

This is our 3rd result basically decided by what is a FG in points! JFevers patience in RoJo seems to be working out well!

ericanadian 107.60 DLF_BrianH 75.05

ericanadian joins the 'We Shall not let Brian H win and get free podcast publicity' team thanks in part to his slowly redeveloping fantasy whisperer skills. Both Singletary & Isabella responded to his gentle touch.

Dookmariot 130.50 ArrylT 48.75

Dook continues his victory tour as DLF HOF Champion with an easy trouncing of league punching bag ArrylT. 'Wait til 2030' ArrylT sputters as Dookmariot burns rubber and races away laughing maniacally.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:41 pm

The Race to the Playoffs: Divisional Titles

Championship Playoffs
A total of 6 teams will make the playoffs each season.
4 Division Winners
2 Wild Card teams
Wild Card teams will consist of the top remaining team from each Conference, regardless of Division.

Blue:

There are 4 weeks left, but with a 12 point lead DLF_JaronF has pretty much locked up the Blue Divisional Title. JFever would need to score the max of 16 VP (4 per week for 4 weeks) and JaronF would some how have to only earn 3.

Black:

Both nation31 & hockeybjj have chances to to catch Dookmariot, but he has a 7 & 4 point lead over them. The odds are more friendly for hockeybjj, and that last divisional matchup with Dookmariot in the final week could be critical, or it could be anti-climatic.

White:

Similar situation in this division. Both Plank & thebeast are still in range (4 & 6 points behind), so their matchups against sloth8u who currently leads, will be crucial most likely.

Green:

The most exciting of the divisional races as 3 teams are within 4 points of each other. Valhalla could be the wild card as any team that loses or fails to earn 3/4 VP against him could find themself on the outside looking in.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:53 pm

The Race to the Playoffs: Wild Cards

Top 2 non Divisional Leaders earn WCs based on Victory Points

sloth8u - 28 - Divisional Leader
Dookmariot - 27 - Divisional Leader
DLF_JaronF - 26 - Divisional Leader
Plank - 24 - WC #1 Leader
TitusYoungsLawyer - 23 - Divisional Leader
hockeybjj - 23 - WC #2 Leader
thebeast - 22
Seventy5 - 21
knotts4372 - 20
nation31 - 20
maxhyde - 15
JFever- 14
DLF_BrianH - 13

Eliminated from WC Contention:

ericanadian - 6
Valhalla - 5
ArrylT - 1

The reason these teams are eliminated is because even if they got the max VP (16) for the remainder of the season, they cannot catch the top 2 WC Holders

It is very likely that at least 2 of maxhyde, JFever & BrianH are all eliminated after Week X. At that point they will need to be 12 or less VP behind the 2nd WC holder - and I expect that cutoff to be 26/27 VP. So unless these three teams get 2+ VPs in Week X their playoff hopes are likely done.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:52 pm

My work is interfering with my attention the last few weeks, opening a new store and a tentative promotion ... all my players acting up on the injury front taking turns .. about to fire them all. heh.
@PlankMelody

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:51 pm

Plank wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:52 pm My work is interfering with my attention the last few weeks, opening a new store and a tentative promotion ... all my players acting up on the injury front taking turns .. about to fire them all. heh.
Perhaps you could make them walk the... Plank?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:40 am

DLF HOF Week X Matchups:

knotts4372 vs. thebeast

It is coming down to crunch time - 4 weeks left & both of these teams are in the WC hunt, but not WC leaders, so a win & the associated VP could be vital.

maxhyde vs. Valhalla

A high scoring win by maxhyde here could keep his WC chances alive. Valhalla may be looking to have his first win streak ever!

sloth8u vs. Seventy5

A win by sloth could help them clinch the Divisional Title sooner than later, while a win by S5 keeps them in the WC Hunt.

Plank vs. TitusYoungsLawyer

A very interesting matchup, as Plank has more VP than TYL but TYL has more wins. With TYL in the tighest division, this may be the tipping point to either making that division a free for all, or for TYL to grab the drivers seat.

DLF_BrianH vs. DLF_JaronF

The battle of the DLF Staff! Who will be this years champion and win ownership of DLF (if only eh?)??

JFever vs. Dookmariot

This could be JFevers Last Stand, as his team is gasping for breath. Will Dookmariot put on the cruise control and drive straight over?

ericanadian vs. nation31

Had they matched up last week ericanadian would have emerged victorious, just like he was against BrianH, so this may not be the cakewalk nation31 originally may have projected. It is however a crucial game for his team to earn much needed VPs.

ArrylT vs. hockeybjj

On the other hand this may be exactly the cakewalk hockeybjj needs to keep his grip on a WC spot. Some owners are calling it the worst mismatch since the 1927 New York Yankees faced off against the 2003 Detroit Tigers, or the 2011 Charlotte Bobcats went up against the 1992 USA Basketball Dream Team.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:15 am

ericanadian wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:51 pm
Plank wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:52 pm My work is interfering with my attention the last few weeks, opening a new store and a tentative promotion ... all my players acting up on the injury front taking turns .. about to fire them all. heh.
heh ... I got the promotion! Now we'll see if I can grab a WC here :P
@PlankMelody

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:07 pm

Plank wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:15 am
ericanadian wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:51 pm
heh ... I got the promotion! Now we'll see if I can grab a WC here :P
Trying to have your cake and eat it too eh? :ewink: :lol:

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:22 pm

DLF HOF Week X Results:

knotts4372 105.50 thebeast 76.10

Of all the weeks for Cooper Kupp to put up a goose egg this was knotts the week thebeast needed that. And you did knotts expect me to not make a pun did you? ;)

Valhalla 82.90 maxhyde 76.25

Maybe it was a kindness for Valhalla to put maxhyde out of his misery due to a rough season, or maybe he just wanted to show he could have a win streak ... regardless this was not the brees of a matchup maxhyde may have anticipated earlier in the season.

sloth8u 142.75 Seventy5 136.30

sloths win definitely puts him in the drivers seat for a Divisional Title and all but clinches a playoff spot - but S5 scored enough points that there is still some hope thanks to the next result ... just not 100% say rather like 75% chance. ;)

Plank 11.80 TitusYoungsLawyer 76.75

Plank accomplished 3 goals this weekend - got a promotion, kept himself in the playoff hunt & caused chaos in the Green Division, as all 3 teams are now tied for 1st.

DLF_JaronF 129.40 DLF_BrianH 106.60

BrianH may wish for me to stop mentioning his podcast - because he has not won since ...

JFever 147.50 Dookmariot 143.20

Immediately after RoJo helped JFever win an upset victory over the League Champion - JFever ships him out ... whatever happened to gratitude?

nation31 111.15 ericanadian 57.05

If only ericanadian could clone his success with Devin Singletary. Well he did get a nice effort out of Jeff Driskel though. Add in Hunter Henry and thats 3 guys pulling for him - just no one else. :(

hockeybjj 120.55 ArrylT 90.65

Even an almost 100% efficiency rating (ArrylT left only 0.80 points on the bench) could stop hockeybjj's magical ride that seems destined to end in playoffs - especially after acquiring stretch run dynamo Ronald Jones.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:25 pm

Trade:

jfever24 gave up Jones, Ronald TBB RB
Hockeybjj gave up Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick from Hockeybjj

hockeybjj may have just lost his DLF_MikeH fan club membership with this, but he may have traded it as part of the deal to get Ronald Jones in this trade.

Kudos to both teams - JFever for holding out for a 2020 1st, even if projected 13-16th, and hockeybjj not only changing directions mid-stream but being willing (unlike many owners in many leagues) to make a bold statement and take a shot at winning it all.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:04 pm

DLF HOF Week XI Matchups:

Valhalla vs. knotts4372

This could sort of be a dream come true for Valhalla. *pauses for owners to recover from choking or spit ups*. What I mean is that Valhalla is starting a 3 week stretch against Divisional Rivals that could have him play king-maker. It could also mean - hey buy my guys if you don't want me to knock you out of playoff contention ... ergo a dream scenario for Valhalla where he has the power to make or break a teams playoff hopes.

TitusYoungsLawyer vs. Seventy5

knotts4372 is one of the 3 23 VP teams in the Green Division. These are the other 2. So I do not need to tell you how critical it is for both of these teams to put out their best lineup. At the very least they need to earn a VP or 2 from Points scored if they are to keep hope alive.

maxhyde vs. thebeast

maxhydes playoff dreams are pretty much done, but he still can play spoiler by winning against thebeast. Not only would that hurt him in the WC contention, but it would officially eliminate him from divisional consideration - although they are already on life support there ...

Plank vs. sloth8u

This could be the matchup that decides the White Divisional title. A win here by sloth8u will pretty much wrap up the divisional title.

Dookmariot vs. DLF_BrianH

Can Dook ride CMC to recovery after an early let-down? Or will this be the match that ends BrianHs losing streak & hopefully gains him some podcast followers.

hockeybjj vs. nation31

A win here by hockeybjj coupled with an upset by BrianH could make things very interesting in the Black Division, but a win by nation31 is necessary to keep his WC hopes alive.

DLF_JaronF vs. JFever

A 3 win steak & 12 VP maxout could give JFever a WC birth. However what would normally be an exciting late season matchup between the top 2 teams in the Blue Division, is anti-climatic due to JaronF having (99%) already clinched the divisional title.

ArrylT vs. ericanadian

Do you care if ArrylT wins a game this year? If no then nothing to see here - carry on ... this is like having the Driskel led Bengals play the Keenum Redskins on MNF ... yawwwwwwwwwwn

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:09 pm

is it weird that the matchup previews are the highlight of the league? well that and me being bleep on for defending antonio brown like the idiot i am. kudos for the great write ups weekly arrylt
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:50 am

DLF HOF Week XI Results:

knotts4372 104.50 Valhalla 75.80

As crucial as the win was for knotts4372, getting that extra VP for his score might be even more vital. Valhalla still has 2 chances to play spoiler though!

TitusYoungsLawyer 116.50 Seventy5 99.55

Rivers 4 INTs could not stop TYL from winning against S5 in part due to Watsons struggled and Tyreeks early exit.

thebeast 107.75 maxhyde 63.60

thebeast copied TYL and went with the start the QB with 4 INTs for the win approach. ;)

sloth8u 127.25 Plank 88.20

sloth clinches a divisional title & playoff berth while keeping Plank off of the VP scoreboard. Always nice to out-pirate a Pirate I bet!

Dookmariot 141.85 DLF_BrianH 91.50

My continued efforts to help support a local podcaster continue to be for naught as Dookmariot steamrolls BrianH - no word on whether he took a poop on his mike too ...

nation31 148.90 hockeybjj 129.30

The only other team hockeybjj would have lost to this week was Dookmariot - hence this is a good example of why Victory Points can come in handy as the 2 VP hockeybjj earns keeps him solidly in Wild Card contention.

DLF_JaronF 101.00 JFever 93.40

Thanks to the underappreciated Kyle Rudolph - a TE with 10+ points in 4 of his past 5 games - JFever came close to upsetting JaronF but Mahomes found a way to wake up (and not replicate Rivers 4 INTs) just in time.

ericanadian 76.55 ArrylT 69.70

It has now officially been 12 weeks (going back to 2018) since ArrylT has tasted victory. Meanwhile ericanadian has now tripled his win output from 2018. ericanadian is now 3-1 vs. ArrylT hence expect a petition to allow 2 more ArrylTs to join his division next year quite soon. :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: