CJA

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CJA

Postby heyfeefellskee » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:17 pm

Sprained toe from tonight. Hillman time?

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: CJA

Postby ericanadian » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:28 pm

He'll be next up if CJA can't go. CJA needs to get back quickly or he could be looking at the number two role sooner rather than later.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:23 pm

He definitely didn't look good. There is no way he can get power and speed off of a bad toe. A sprain takes a LONG time to heal too.....

Hillman would be worth the pickup if you can make it happen. He has also looked really good in preseason and even in today's game.

I wouldn't be shocked if it became more of a time share when CJA comes back, either.

Injuries....... damnit.......
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:40 pm

Glad I have Hillman as an end of bench stash.

Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Postby Spinkso » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:23 am

In a short week as well. If I'm an Anderson owner, I want him to sit a week. No point in playing at significantly less than 100% and not be able to produce. Get it right, then get back to the field.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:42 am

Toe issues are bad for rb. typically they aren't bad enough to sit them so they guy plays on the toe. In doing so, he is playing through pain, less effective and since he's playing on it and likely practicing a little bit, the toe just doesn't heal so the ineffectiveness lingers. Often these things linger for multiple weeks and at times throughout the entire season. If Denver is smart, they'll rest CJ. I'm not an owner of Anderson anywhere but I can certainly understand the frustration. Injuries stink and toe injuries specifically are quite frustrating. I do have Hillman in one league as a depth guy. Will be paining attention to see how this one is handled.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:55 pm

Sounds like Kubiak is saying it's just a rolled ankle and he'll be in on Thursday.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:11 pm

ericanadian wrote:Sounds like Kubiak is saying it's just a rolled ankle and he'll be in on Thursday.
I wonder if this is a re-aggravation of his preseason injury or not. Didn't he leave a pre-season game with a rolled ankle?

I'm not going to lie, the situation has me worried. I don't want to overreact to one game, but DEN as a whole looked terrible. Hillman's final stats looked better than CJ's, but he was just as ineffective as Anderson until the last drive or two of the game. Hopefully it's just a learning process of the new system, but that O-line wasn't doing anybody any favours either
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:54 pm

When CJA put up those big numbers, he was 100% healthy the whole time.

He actually has an injury history, and I was unaware of that.

Toe or ankle, this is bad news. Hillman is playing VERY well, and CJA could very well lose at least much of his workload, let alone the starting job.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:09 pm

MEuRaH wrote:When CJA put up those big numbers, he was 100% healthy the whole time.

Toe or ankle, this is bad news. Hillman is playing VERY well, and CJA could very well lose at least much of his workload, let alone the starting job.
So you're saying the same way Anderson got the job...is the same way he'll lose it?

I don't know, I just can't see Hillman putting a permanent grasp on the role. He did play really well last year and came from the bottom to knock Ball off the roster this year. I think Anderson has better tools suited to be a starter.

Disclaimer: I'm not sold that the Broncos long-term RB is on their roster, though Anderson has proven he is the current best option.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:24 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
MEuRaH wrote:When CJA put up those big numbers, he was 100% healthy the whole time.

So you're saying the same way Anderson got the job...is the same way he'll lose it?

I don't know, I just can't see Hillman putting a permanent grasp on the role. He did play really well last year and came from the bottom to knock Ball off the roster this year. I think Anderson has better tools suited to be a starter.

Disclaimer: I'm not sold that the Broncos long-term RB is on their roster, though Anderson has proven he is the current best option.
I wouldn't write off HIllman take the job from CJA either. CJA just isn't THAT good. Not saying Hillman is either - but CJA isn't good enough to maintain a firm grasp on the lions share of carries.

Westy22
Captain
Captain

Postby Westy22 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:32 pm

Broncos OL is not looking good at all, quite similar to the first half of last season. Will be interesting to see if they can turn it around. I feel Hillman is a better fit in this scheme, but at least CJA is the better pass protector.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:32 pm

I'm worried about the offense as a whole. Maybe it's just working out the kinks of a new system, and I do know the Ravens are an underrated defense. I think they should go back to what they do best, even if Peyton is not quite like he used to,
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Gametime675
Captain
Captain

Postby Gametime675 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:43 pm

And this is exactly why the offseason rankings of CJA were so ridiculous. Any other RB taken in the top 2 rounds (possibly 3-4) of a startup we would not be having this discussion/doubts about after 1 game. I don't mind paying close to a "ceiling" price when the player has shown some elite skills (Jordan Mathews as an example for me this year) but CJA is not so talented that he was worth anything close to what was being paid for him.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:50 pm

Gametime675 wrote:And this is exactly why the offseason rankings of CJA were so ridiculous. Any other RB taken in the top 2 rounds (possibly 3-4) of a startup we would not be having this discussion/doubts about after 1 game.
Yep, good point. Similar to older players where one injury can put their value in the basement.