General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: christine michael to cowboys

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:42 pm

ninotoreS wrote:
FantasyFreak wrote: He's just not that good at football
It pains me to defend Michael on something other than a situational context, but this isn't really true.

He is good at football. Very good. His metrics do translate. That's the trouble. I've studied every NFL carry he's had. What I saw checked every damn box except for pass-protection. And speaking of which, he just did this to Dee Ford in preseason.

Michael's problem to this point seems to be entirely his character, as far as I can tell. Had unclarified problems with Kevin Sumlin. Slept through team-interviews at his Combine. Carefully vague statements by disappointed Seahawks staff such as 'needs to be more consistent', which sounds an awful lot like codespeak for a criticism of his effort level, commitment, etc. We watch him in his third preseason still going left with the ball in his right arm (I can't believe he's just forgetting). Everything bad about Michael is read between the lines, as I've seen others here put it. Not on the football field itself.
How many of his carries were in meaningful minutes? And doesn't that make the defense of him even worse?

"Hey Dallas, take our 24-year-old, former second round pick RB, with a 4.9 YPC off our hands. We don't care if we get anything or not."

Michael has 52 total carries in his career so far. It's a meaningless stat. Bernard Pierce had 109 carries his rookie year at 4.9 YPC and he's now the 4th string RB on the Jaguars.

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:50 pm

ninotoreS wrote:Hmm. Well, Michael might have issues with dedication to his job, but maybe he isn't a jerk.

I know it's from a year ago, but this is my first time hearing about it.
"I think he's cute," she told KPRC-TV with a smile.
https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/7A3271BC ... fVPfYuDMvA

i mean, i'm not gay

but

8^|
ok, that was funny.
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

Typhus
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Typhus » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:17 pm

Christian had some issues in Seattle, what those issues were and the specifics are debatable, but I like the player here in Big D.
Hes the 1 cut downhill thumper that has been missing from this backfield for some time now, think about the last time Dallas had a 225 hammer behind this caliber of OL.
How about.... never.
People I know have told me that his issue was because he felt as though his career and future were being wasted on the bench, because for 1, he isnt playing unless Lynch comes out.
Lynch never gets hurt, he is stud status, and he doesnt ever check himself out,,, that Lynch...
and so here is our boy, Christian just sitting around, with starting caliber talent feeling like he is never going to be anything.
Welcome home Christian Michael, Texas product to begin with, all that rain in Seattle has been proven to compound any negative mind set to begin with,, welcome home big boy. it dont rain in Texas.
A down hill thumper,, Ive been touting him for a very long time, this is christmas to me..
the doubters will soon see,, its going to be a Dmac and Michael thump fest.
The Cowboys OL rocks ball sack,, sorry admins, but some things you have to say

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:38 pm

Typhus wrote:Christian had some issues in Seattle, what those issues were and the specifics are debatable, but I like the player here in Big D.
Hes the 1 cut downhill thumper that has been missing from this backfield for some time now, think about the last time Dallas had a 225 hammer behind this caliber of OL.
How about.... never.
People I know have told me that his issue was because he felt as though his career and future were being wasted on the bench, because for 1, he isnt playing unless Lynch comes out.
Lynch never gets hurt, he is stud status, and he doesnt ever check himself out,,, that Lynch...
and so here is our boy, Christian just sitting around, with starting caliber talent feeling like he is never going to be anything.
Welcome home Christian Michael, Texas product to begin with, all that rain in Seattle has been proven to compound any negative mind set to begin with,, welcome home big boy. it dont rain in Texas.
A down hill thumper,, Ive been touting him for a very long time, this is christmas to me..

Remember, after week 6 and he's still buried on the depth chart you can call a hotline for help, call people who care...your life will not be over...
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:50 pm

How can everyone go from loving this guy to hating him. People were high on him. And I hear this well lets look at the situation thing.

Sometimes peopke need a change of scenery. Before we all regret flaming this guy do we not remember Lynch? Traded for very similar reasons and he is a beast.

I feel like people have hurt feelings about a previous investment gone wrong. I actually think he could have a resurgence.

Maybe he struggles but to just claim he is garbage is pure ignorance. I think most people want their once beloved prize to fail because he jam checked them.

Prepare for a reverse jam check!

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:53 pm

I picked up CMike with a late round draft pick and Ive been holding and will continue to hold. This is about the best situation he could find himself in, with not true started in front of him and a great line/players around him. If he can't make this work, then I'll drop him. But you gotta think this is his last chsnce to prove it.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:04 pm

ninotoreS wrote:
FantasyFreak wrote: He's just not that good at football
It pains me to defend Michael on something other than a situational context, but this isn't really true.

He is good at football. Very good. His metrics do translate. That's the trouble. I've studied every NFL carry he's had. What I saw checked every damn box except for pass-protection. And speaking of which, he just did this to Dee Ford in preseason.

Michael's problem to this point seems to be entirely his character, as far as I can tell. Had unclarified problems with Kevin Sumlin. Slept through team-interviews at his Combine. Carefully vague statements by disappointed Seahawks staff such as 'needs to be more consistent', which sounds an awful lot like codespeak for a criticism of his effort level, commitment, etc. We watch him in his third preseason still going left with the ball in his right arm (I can't believe he's just forgetting). Everything bad about Michael is read between the lines, as I've seen others here put it. Not on the football field itself.
Yeah, he made a chip block. I've seen that already. What does that prove? If it was all about character, he'd still get on the field. He misses blocks, fumbles. Lines up incorrectly. I don't want to get into it. He definitely has a better shot in Dallas, but I'm not banking on him doing anything special. He isn't trusted on the football field by his coaches. He has poor technique in carrying the football, he misses assignments. He has great athleticism. He has yet to prove he can be a back up running back. I don't hate the guy. I held on for a long time, but I stopped colouring my view because he was on my roster. I think he is a back up RB, and even if he gets his chance to start, I doubt he will be able to stay healthy, based on his injury history.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Typhus
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Typhus » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:12 pm

bcoogan23 wrote:
Typhus wrote:Christian had some issues in Seattle, what those issues were and the specifics are debatable, but I like the player here in Big D.
How about.... never.

Remember, after week 6 and he's still buried on the depth chart you can call a hotline for help, call people who care...your life will not be over...
guess Im being a little confused,, just talk to me, you saying Im being stupid here.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:15 pm

Huh? I'm just saying it sounds like you're head over heels in love with CM and that hes now in Dallas.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:18 pm

Typhus wrote:
bcoogan23 wrote:
How about.... never.

guess Im being a little confused,, just talk to me, you saying Im being stupid here.
You lost me when you brought McFadden into this. Now I know you are seeing through Blue and White glasses. McFadden will be thumping nothing. Take it from a Raiders fan. Dallas will be drafting a RB next year, almost guaranteed.

bjorklunde
All Pro
All Pro

Postby bjorklunde » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:21 pm

This is one of those threads that is going to be great to repost a year+ from now and re-live. Whether Michael does anything or not, it's going to be a good one.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:30 pm

If Michael does not show well is pass protection is practice, with Romo and his back, I can't see him getting out there all that much. This is going to be interesting. I have always thought he was a talented, yet very inconsistent player, and if he is ever going to make it, it's now. I cashed out. Maybe I was wrong. At least we can stop talking about how is held back by situation, now.

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:44 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:If Michael does not show well is pass protection is practice, with Romo and his back, I can't see him getting out there all that much. This is going to be interesting. I have always thought he was a talented, yet very inconsistent player, and if he is ever going to make it, it's now. I cashed out. Maybe I was wrong. At least we can stop talking about how is held back by situation, now.

Exactly...we finally agree!

I want him to prove to me one way or another...the fact that I don't have to wait another 12 months to find out is exciting for CMike owners.
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

ManuManu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ManuManu » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:52 pm

Who's the better stash: Michael or Zenner?
Team 1, 10-team 0.5-PPR
QB (1): Richardson, Watson, Purdy
RB (2-3): Walker, Swift, Dobbins, R. White, Mitchell, Gainwell
WR (3-4): Hill, Godwin, Aiyuk, Flowers, N. Collins, Doubs, M. Wilson, Shakir
TE (1-2): McBride, Goedert, Okonkwo

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:55 pm

the perfect storm, we've all been curious about what Dallas is going to do about their RB situation, and we have all been curious about CMike's freak athleticism ...

This will have a very short shelf life, and personally, I would like the closure ... :)

I am sending a few offers out where I own him, mostly to cowboy fans, but hey ... what we do no? If not, I am curious enough to hold and see.
@PlankMelody