Putting Players in IR

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bay City Original
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Putting Players in IR

Postby Bay City Original » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:54 pm

Obviously this only matters because of Fantasy Football but I'm curious about why players like Jordy and Benjamin haven't been designated for the IR by their teams. Is there a reason or perhaps NFL rule that prevents them to be places on that list at this time?

I'm going to assume that both will hit the IR for this season, right?

Rye300
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Putting Players in IR

Postby Rye300 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:59 pm

I don't believe a team can place a player on IR at this point without subjecting them to waivers. So basically they cannot stash a players on IR and avoid having to use a roster spot on them. Once teams cut down to the 53 man rosters next Saturday I would assume you would see such designations being made.
14 Team, Year 2 (4pt Pass TD/-2 INT, Non-PPR. 5 pts. sack, INT. 4 pts. Forced fumble. 2pts. Fumble Recovery. 1.2 pts. Solo tackle, 0.5 assisted tackle)

2013 & 2014 - Division Champ
2013 - Runner-Up
2014 - Champion

1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR, 1 WR/TE, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB/DL/LB.

QB: Russ Wilson, Foles, Mettenberger, Murray
RB: Hill, Marshawn, Tre Mason, McFadden, Turbin, Gurley, Gordon, Cobb
WR: Watkins, Beckham, Benjamin, Boldin, John Brown, Albert Wilson, Josh Gordon, DGB, Lockett, Greene, Nicks
TE: Delanie Walker, Ebron
DB: Chancellor, Honey Badger, Sherman, Vaccaro, McDougland
DL: Ansah, JPP, Casey
LB: Kuechly, Mack, Mosley, Zach Brown/b], Ford, Foster, Dawson, Mauga

45 Man Pre-Season Rosters. 40 Man In-Season Rosters. 32 Keepers.

2015 Picks
1.01, 1.08, 2.11, 2.13, 3.5

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:49 pm

Rye300 wrote:I don't believe a team can place a player on IR at this point without subjecting them to waivers. So basically they cannot stash a players on IR and avoid having to use a roster spot on them. Once teams cut down to the 53 man rosters next Saturday I would assume you would see such designations being made.
I was wondering about this too because some players have been put on IR (Niles Paul/Gaffney). So basically if a player has already been put on IR it's because the team doesn't fear the player being poached from them?
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

berserkers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby berserkers » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:14 pm

BuckeyeNation wrote:
Rye300 wrote:I don't believe a team can place a player on IR at this point without subjecting them to waivers. So basically they cannot stash a players on IR and avoid having to use a roster spot on them. Once teams cut down to the 53 man rosters next Saturday I would assume you would see such designations being made.
I was wondering about this too because some players have been put on IR (Niles Paul/Gaffney). So basically if a player has already been put on IR it's because the team doesn't fear the player being poached from them?
If that's true, why is Dante Fowler on IR? He was the 3rd player drafted in this year's draft. Two different types of IR?

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:32 pm

berserkers wrote:
BuckeyeNation wrote:

I don't know. I was asking a question, not making a statement. I'm trying to figure this out too.
If that's true, why is Dante Fowler on IR? He was the 3rd player drafted in this year's draft. Two different types of IR?
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

berserkers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby berserkers » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:14 am

Fowler may had been eligible for IR early since he was injured before he signed his contract so he isn't counted on the current 75 man roster. It's a thought.

ThrawnFett
Starter
Starter

Postby ThrawnFett » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:28 am

berserkers wrote:If that's true, why is Dante Fowler on IR? He was the 3rd player drafted in this year's draft. Two different types of IR?
Fowler isn't on IR, at least according to Fleaflicker. Our IR spot there is only for NFL IR players and I haven't been able to move him yet.

I don't know about Niles Paul, but I do know that Gaffney went through the waivers before he was placed on IR. That's how the Patriots snagged him from Carolina last year. I believe the Cowboys did the same thing with Ryan Williams. Waivers, then IR.

berserkers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby berserkers » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:09 am

ThrawnFett wrote:
berserkers wrote:If that's true, why is Dante Fowler on IR? He was the 3rd player drafted in this year's draft. Two different types of IR?
Fowler isn't on IR, at least according to Fleaflicker. Our IR spot there is only for NFL IR players and I haven't been able to move him yet.

I don't know about Niles Paul, but I do know that Gaffney went through the waivers before he was placed on IR. That's how the Patriots snagged him from Carolina last year. I believe the Cowboys did the same thing with Ryan Williams. Waivers, then IR.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... wler-on-ir

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:15 am

looks like that means teams can now begin placing players on IR as they make their first cuts without fear of having to waive them first. I've seen notices of a few other players now going on IR as the first cuts are trickling in

ThrawnFett
Starter
Starter

Postby ThrawnFett » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:17 am

As I said, according to Fleaflicker. He still isn't listed as being on IR there and therefore can't be moved to an IR slot. And ultimately, that's why people here care about official designation.

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:20 am

ThrawnFett wrote:As I said, according to Fleaflicker. He still isn't listed as being on IR there and therefore can't be moved to an IR slot. And ultimately, that's why people here care about official designation.
That's simply a question of how fast a particular website keeps up with the notifications from the NFL. Since he's now on IR I would expect that will be reflected in the next day or so. But there's a lot of info coming out of the NFL today and tomorrow as cuts are made, players move teams etc

berserkers
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby berserkers » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:25 am

BlackOmega wrote:
ThrawnFett wrote:As I said, according to Fleaflicker. He still isn't listed as being on IR there and therefore can't be moved to an IR slot. And ultimately, that's why people here care about official designation.
That's simply a question of how fast a particular website keeps up with the notifications from the NFL. Since he's now on IR I would expect that will be reflected in the next day or so. But there's a lot of info coming out of the NFL today and tomorrow as cuts are made, players move teams etc
He's been on MFL for a day already. Sure Fleaflicker will sort it out soon. Once a team announces cuts, guys can be put on IR but you're only allowed to put four on each year so some teams wait.

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:07 am

There's no roster maximum until September 1st, so there's no reason to put someone on IR. They might hold out until the last minute hoping for a miracle recovery, or just more information regarding the injury if considering putting them on IR/Designated to return instead of permanent IR.