Week 3 Preseason Games

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
princey98
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Week 3 Preseason Games

Postby princey98 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:52 pm

Telperion wrote:David Johnson vs linebackers is not going to be fair.

Ellington is the clear #1, but I can't see Johnson being kept off the field on 3rd downs. His pass protection has looked very good too.
Oakland's LB's (I don't mean Mack, I mean the guys that DJ beat tonight) can't hold a candle to Wagner, Ogletree, Laurantinis, Bowman etc. Not saying Johnson will be totally overmatched, but he won't be able to shake the LB's in his division like he's doing to the Raiders.
Last edited by princey98 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:53 pm

dm1129 wrote:
vflgladiators wrote:Did anyone watch the Dallas game? I heard McFadden had a good game. What is everyone's take on that backfield competition? Are we thinking RBBC here? Who do you see getting the goalline work?
Quite honestly, McFadden looks a lot better than Randle so far. The key with McFadden will always be health. If he stays healthy, I believe he will definitely be part of the Dallas run offense.
I've thought the same thing while watching them both play. Then again, injuries have always been the problem with McFadden, not necessarily his talent level.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:54 pm

princey98 wrote:

Ellington is the clear #1, but I can't see Johnson being kept off the field on 3rd downs. His pass protection has looked very good too.
Oakland's LB's (I don't mean Mack, I mean the guys that DJ beat tonight) can't hold a candle to the Wagner, Ogletree, Laurantinis, Bowman etc. Not saying Johnson will be totally overmatched, but he won't be able to shake the LB's in his division like he's doing to the Raiders.
He's doing most of his damage against 2nd team units. I think he had 1 catch vs the Raiders first team, and also fumbled after being stuffed on a run. Raiders first team outplayed the Cardinals tonight. The Raiders first team D looks, dare I say...good.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:59 pm

dynastyninja wrote:...let's slow our roll on the Zenner preseason hype train. Joique Bell is a better running back.
Based on what? Draft pedigree? No, they were both undrafted. Measurables? No.

There's no doubt Joique is a more polished pro who is probably much more well versed in understanding plays, protection and other such stuff that comes with experience, but I don't know how you could definitively say that Joique is a better RB than Zenner is, or more accurately, will be better than Zenner going forward since that's all we really care about. Joique has been useful in PPR leagues, but beyond that, it's not like he's ever been even remotely dominant and he's not exactly young either. If I owned Joique, I'd be in full on sell mode if anyone in my league viewed him as a RB2 still. As has been said already, I view him as a completely replaceable talent.

Telperion
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Telperion » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:59 pm

Of course it's against 2nd team, but he looked very good. Nobody was having much success against Oakland's top unit, Mack was singlehandedly blowing up the Cardinals line all game.
- Don't waste your time on late round NFL draft picks: Success rates by NFL draft round and speed.
- Team(s): Team 1

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:24 pm

bcoogan23 wrote:Can we just fast forward 10 days...I can't take preseason any longer..

+ I didn't have any serious injuries to any of my players yet, I bet there's not many owners that can say that..feeling lucky :thumbup:
I was just think g to myself (not out loud as to jinx it) that I was very lucky with all my teams avoiding the injury bug. Then, I watched Cobb get hurt, though I only have him in one redraft league and got him late as far as his ADP. I have good wr depth on that particular team, but still thought having a potential top 10 wr as my number three after Jordys injury was too good to be true. I know the news on him is positive, but get the feeling he might fight some nagging injuries this year. Same thing happened the only other time I have rostered him, and Rodgers, a couple years ago when they both got hurt.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
princey98 wrote:

Oakland's LB's (I don't mean Mack, I mean the guys that DJ beat tonight) can't hold a candle to the Wagner, Ogletree, Laurantinis, Bowman etc. Not saying Johnson will be totally overmatched, but he won't be able to shake the LB's in his division like he's doing to the Raiders.
He's doing most of his damage against 2nd team units. I think he had 1 catch vs the Raiders first team, and also fumbled after being stuffed on a run. Raiders first team outplayed the Cardinals tonight. The Raiders first team D looks, dare I say...good.
I could be wrong but i'm pretty sure OAK's first team defense was in until the end of the 3rd quarter, possibly until the end of that td drive first play of the 4th. I know Mack was still in through the 3rd. DJ's td catch the 1st play of the 4th quarter was his last game action so the majority if not all his work was done against the 1st team defense.

Pretty tough to judge any runner tonight, both lines were getting blown up. Bad fumble by DJ though of course.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:37 pm

Oakland's LB's (I don't mean Mack, I mean the guys that DJ beat tonight) can't hold a candle to the Wagner, Ogletree, Laurantinis, Bowman etc. Not saying Johnson will be totally overmatched, but he won't be able to shake the LB's in his division like he's doing to the Raiders.[/quote]

He's doing most of his damage against 2nd team units. I think he had 1 catch vs the Raiders first team, and also fumbled after being stuffed on a run. Raiders first team outplayed the Cardinals tonight. The Raiders first team D looks, dare I say...good.[/quote]

I could be wrong but i'm pretty sure OAK's first team defense was in until the end of the 3rd quarter, possibly until the end of that td drive first play of the 4th. I know Mack was still in through the 3rd. DJ's td catch the 1st play of the 4th quarter was his last game action so the majority if not all his work was done against the 1st team defense.

Pretty tough to judge any runner tonight, both lines were getting blown up. Bad fumble by DJ though of course.[/quote]

Yea those lines looked horrible. I was happy to see Palmer trying to get John Brown the ball right away and with the deep stuff $$

Palmer really does throw a pretty deep ball, if he can stay healthy all year I'll be thrilled with the numbers JoBro puts up :dance:
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Confined1
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Confined1 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:00 pm

I think DJ looked great.
10 Team PPR Dynasty League

"Run CMC"

QB: Kirk Cousins

RB: Christian McCaffrey

RB: David Montgomery

WR: Keenan Allen

WR: Mike Evans

TE: Travis Kelce

Flex: Stefon Diggs

K: Harrison Butker

D: Vikings

Bench: Mitchell Trubisky, Phillip Lindsay, Devin Singletary, Derrius Guice, Justice Hill, Calvin Ridley, Terry McLaurin, AJ Brown, Dallas Goedert

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:31 pm

David Johnsons TD was vs Heeney, who IS NOT a starter for the Raiders. I stand corrected, everything else he did was vs starters. To me, he looked like what he is. A converted WR playing RB. Good pass catcher, but 4 carries for -2 yards certainly isn't anything to get excited about. I don't think he'll ever be an every down RB, but could be a good player for PPR leagues, with the amount they seem to want to throw to him.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:41 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:David Johnsons TD was vs Heeney, who IS NOT a starter for the Raiders. I stand corrected, everything else he did was vs starters. To me, he looked like what he is. A converted WR playing RB. Good pass catcher, but 4 carries for -2 yards certainly isn't anything to get excited about. I don't think he'll ever be an every down RB, but could be a good player for PPR leagues, with the amount they seem to want to throw to him.
Don't get too discouraged, both o-lines got dominated..I don't think you could blame the runners on either team tonight.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby heyfeefellskee » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:01 am

princey98 wrote:

Oakland's LB's (I don't mean Mack, I mean the guys that DJ beat tonight) can't hold a candle to Wagner, Ogletree, Laurantinis, Bowman etc. Not saying Johnson will be totally overmatched, but he won't be able to shake the LB's in his division like he's doing to the Raiders.
Really weird, but CBS sports didn't report any stat line for David Johnson from last night, though I know that he played.

theone
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby theone » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:27 am

The ARI OL has looked bad for most of the preseason, both in run and pass blocking. Arians appears too stubborn to adjust his scheme based on his bad OL. My outlook for J Brown decreased this season. I do not see the target increase necessary for a big breakout campaign this year. Ellington and Johnson have received a lot of targets and I believe that continues in the season.
Team 1 - 12 Team, 25 Players + 5 TS, 2 IR, PPR, 4TD Passing
2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, Year1
QB - A.Smith, RG3, Sanchez, Daniel, Hundley, Grayson, Hack, Brissett
RB - Miller, Zeke, L. Murray, Alf, Ellington, Blue, D.Washington, K. Robinson
WR - OBJ, Tate, Hurns, DJax, DGB, Coleman
TE - Thomas, Tye, Henry

Team 2 - 16 Team, 24 Players + 4 TS, 2 IR, PPR, TE 1.5 PPR, 5TD Passing
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE, Year2 2015 Champion
QB - Dalton, Cutler
RB - Hill, B.Powell, K.Robinson, Ellington, T.Cadet, Oliver, Ervin
WR - Dez, B. Marshall, Snead, DGB, DHB, P.Richardson, Givens, Boyd, Peake, R. Louis
TE - Gronk, J. Reed, Barnidge, Heuerman, N.Paul,

Team 3 - 12 Team, 24 Players, RSO Salary Cap League, 2 IR, PPR, 6TD Passing
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE, Year2 2015 Champion
QB - Wentz
RB - Hill, D.Johnson, Ivory, D.Robinson
WR - Alshon, Maclin, Decker, J.Matthews, Tate, B.Miller
TE - Eifert, J. Reed

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:36 am

Watched a bit of the Atlanta game. You couldn't get a good read for Coleman as he was stuffed in the backfield on every run. Matt Ryan seemed to miss a lot of throws (I guess not too many as he was 3 for 7 but every miss seemed bad).

As for DJ, you can't take away anything from the stat line. Line was horrible for everyone, and what made it worse for DJ was that they stuck him in there on the most obvious running situations which gave him even less room to run than everyone else. For what it's worth he looks electric when given a little room to operate.

Gametime675
Captain
Captain

Postby Gametime675 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:46 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:David Johnsons TD was vs Heeney, who IS NOT a starter for the Raiders. I stand corrected, everything else he did was vs starters. To me, he looked like what he is. A converted WR playing RB. Good pass catcher, but 4 carries for -2 yards certainly isn't anything to get excited about. I don't think he'll ever be an every down RB, but could be a good player for PPR leagues, with the amount they seem to want to throw to him.
Granted, Heeney is not a starter right NOW but I don't think that lasts long. Have you seen some of his other preseason games? He has closing speed to burn, a crazy acceleration for a man his size. And yet DJ made that look easy.