M. Jones
10%

Total votes: 88

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

T. Coleman

Postby Mike from Canada » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:41 pm

We haven't seen much of Coleman since he's been injured. I have the 11th and 12th pick in the first round and will probably use them to take RB's as this is a huge need for my team. If Coleman is there should I take him before Duke Johnson and David Johnson? I'm expecting by this point Gurley, Gordon, Abdullah and Yeldon will be gone. After that I have ranked:

Coleman
Duke Johnson
David Johnson
Matt Jones

Is Coleman for real? At this point I feel like taking the 2 Johnson's will be safer...
Last edited by Mike from Canada on Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EAK INC.
Role Player
Role Player

Re: T. Coleman

Postby EAK INC. » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:45 pm

Definitely like the two Johnson's better right now.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:55 pm

I selected Duke at 2.6 in my draft and I like him way more than Coleman. In terms of both bottom-line talent and situation (Cleveland O-line is pretty talented). I would also probably take David Johnson before him. Probably. Don't know about Matt Jones. That's tough. I've been warming to him lately.
perkinsrooster wrote: Is Coleman for real?
Maybe, but I personally have doubts. Had them even before OTAs and Coleman's steady downward drift in ADP.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:00 pm

Two websites have Coleman ahead of the two Johnson's but if I get a couple more responses indicating the Johnson's are a better bet I'll probably move Coleman down.

Thanks for the responses so far, very helpful.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:02 pm

Might wanna add a pole to your OP, also get the lurker input.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:12 pm

ninotoreS wrote:Might wanna add a pole to your OP, also get the lurker input.
Done, thanks.

Hjorimir
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Hjorimir » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:42 pm

For me it's a toss up between Coleman and Duke.
The Great Old Ones
10-team PPR (1-QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, 1-TE, 1-D/ST, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Tua, Mac, Mills (bleh)
RB: Gordon, Drake, Perine, RoJo II, Dillon, Coleman, Sermon, Ingram, Mitchell, Barber, JJ, Bolden
WR: Kupp, DJM, Chase, Jeudy, AJG, OBJ, Shepard, Mecole, Parris, Osborn
TE: Knox, Engram,
D/ST: NE
K: Zuerlein

The Blues Brothers
10-team PPR (1-QB, 1-RB, 2-WR, 1-TE, 2-RB/WR/TE, 3-IDP, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Herbert, Hurts, Bridgewater, Winston, Wentz, Heinicke
RB: Zeke, Cook, Mixon, Moss/Singletary, McKinnon, Gio, Rhamondre, Evans, Roundtree
WR: Kupp, Adams, Nuk, Evans, Ruggs III, Sammy, Guyton, Palmer
TE: Logan, Henry, Engram, Cook, Tremble
IDP: Demario, Bush, Mosley, Jewell, Poyer, Derwin, Vander Esch

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:01 pm

I watched all the available game film for the top 15 RBs in this class and Coleman is my #3. Is Langford available? He'd be my next available after Coleman assuming Abdullah already went.

I like Matt Jones too but you can grab him around 2.5 I bet...try trading back
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:02 pm

bcoogan23 wrote:I watched all the available game film for the top 15 RBs in this class and Coleman is my #3. Is Langford available? He'd be my next available after Coleman assuming Abdullah already went.

I like Matt Jones too but you can grab him around 2.5 I bet...try trading back

PS Coleman is way above the rest you have listed to me...
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

#WhoDat

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:14 pm

Perhaps I'll leave Coleman ahead of the Johnson's and Jones for now. I have Langford targeted in round 3. I don't have a 2nd round pick so I'll probably miss out on Jones.

holy_stromboli
MVP
MVP

Postby holy_stromboli » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:19 pm

I'd be hard pressed to take Jones in the first so I'd rule him out personally.

Between the other 3, they all have their concerns. They all are 3rd round picks. They all have pretty good opportunity. As prospects, I'd break it down like this (my opinion after watching as much cut ups as possible this summer):

Rushing: 1) Coleman/Duke, 2) David
Receiving: 1) David 2) Duke 3) Coleman
Pass Protection: 1) Coleman 2) Duke 3) David
Situation: 1) Coleman 2) David 3) Duke
Size: 1) David 2) Coleman/Duke
Speed: 1) Coleman 2) David 3) Duke

Given that, they are all pretty close IMO. I personally think all 3 are the best RB's on their respective teams. I give the edge to Coleman simply based on his offense and QB. He will have Ryan, Julio, and Kyle Shanahan around him which should set up that run game for success. When he fell to me at 1.12 a month ago in a rookie draft, I was actually pretty surprised and didn't think twice on taking him, especially because I thought he'd be gone by then. As for the Johnsons, I have a mancrush on David. That size/speed combo, strength, and receiving skills are so damn tantalizing. If he puts it all together he has the highest ceiling.

So I'd go Tevin Coleman and David Johnson. This is not to knock Duke, b/c I like him a lot too, but there's my answer.

By the way, you'll need to exercise a little patience with Coleman. They will open the season in a committee, but in reality, it should be a matter of weeks before he takes over (barring health, of course).

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:29 pm

bcoogan23 wrote:I watched all the available game film for the top 15 RBs
Bet you mean 'highlights'. I've probably watched something like 5+ hours now (altogether, over time) of actual every-touch-game-tape on this year's RB class, and that's still still hours and hours from seeing every touch for even the top 5 or so RBs, much less the top 15.

Incidentally, Coleman is one I've studied the hardest.

I would hazard to guess that something like 60-70% of the carries I watched in 2014 didn't demonstrate NFL caliber tools. His ability to out-run pursuit angles was very impressive, and he didn't seem to wear down by the 4th quarter (often resulting in big runs late).

But everything else... /smh

I think Coleman drafters have to hope that the foot issue is solely to blame for why his tape shows so little ability to improvise or drive through contact. Or ever move his hips.
holy_stromboli wrote:I'd be hard pressed to take Jones in the first
Jones absolutely shouldn't be a 1st, because right now Jones will be available in most drafts mid-late 2 (and that's factoring in his recent slight rise). OP shouldn't push 'need' over 'best available' that far, but it's up to him.

Based on overall profile, only Duke or Coleman could rationally justify a late 1st selection. And even then it's a definite reach because both players can be available early-mid 2 right now.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:42 pm

ninotoreS wrote:
bcoogan23 wrote:I watched all the available game film for the top 15 RBs
Bet you mean 'highlights'. I've probably watched something like 5+ hours now (altogether, over time) of actual every-touch-game-tape on this year's RB class, and that's still still hours and hours from seeing every touch for even the top 5 or so RBs, much less the top 15.

Incidentally, Coleman is one I've studied the hardest.

I would hazard to guess that something like 60-70% of the carries I watched in 2014 didn't demonstrate NFL caliber tools. His ability to out-run pursuit angles was very impressive, and he didn't seem to wear down by the 4th quarter (often resulting in big runs late).

But everything else... /smh

I think Coleman drafters have to hope that the foot issue is solely to blame for why his tape shows so little ability to improvise or drive through contact. Or ever move his hips.

Actually No, actual games of there's. I have a lot of down time and had about 3 hours every night to watch film when I was off watch. I watched a lot of complete games from about 10 top QBs, 15-18 top RBs and about 35 of the top WRs, some of them every went undrafted. I'm addicted to football. I start officiating once again starting Saturday, I have 5 games to work :dance:
Last edited by Coogan Football on Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
, Goodson, Pullard,

#WhoDat

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:46 pm

Okay. Did you notice how stiff hipped Coleman looked?

Stiff hipped RBs that don't break tackles rarely have an optimistic NFL outlook, even with 4.4 flat speed.

It's frustrating that he didn't do any agility drills at his workouts.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:01 pm

ninotoreS wrote:Okay. Did you notice how stiff hipped Coleman looked?

Stiff hipped RBs that don't break tackles rarely have an optimistic NFL outlook, even with 4.4 flat speed.

It's frustrating that he didn't do any agility drills at his workouts.
He looked like a monster against some very good competition. He ran people over, juked them, ran by them and he also has an awesome stiff arm. He kind of reminds me of Demarco Murray. This kid looks like a complete back to me. He doesn't look super explosive but I think he makes up for it in every other category. I like him alot
, Goodson, Pullard,

#WhoDat