What to do with Geno

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
benrollo1
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

What to do with Geno

Postby benrollo1 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:04 am

Hi,

Standard 1QB league - my QBs are Brees, Flacco & Geno - with the way things are going for Geno is it worth holding on to him and waiting it out or would I be better served cutting bait and dropping him?

Thoughts welcome
TEAM 1
12 Team non-PPR
Ladies and Edelman
QB: J McCown, T Siemian, J Flacco
RB: David Johnson, L Miller, M Ingram, J Charles, M Tolbert, M Dayes
WR: A Brown, D Hopkins, A Thielen, S Diggs, K Cole, J Crowder, R Anderson, T Ginn, J Brown, M Williams, A Wilson, B Ellington
TE: Z Ertz, C Fleener, S DeValve

TEAM 2
12 Team PPR
Tricky Trees
QB: A Luck, J Flacco, J Brissett
RB: D Henry, B Powell, T Montgomery, T Riddick, R Burkhead
WR: A Brown, B Cooks, W Snead, B Marshall, M Williams, J Doctson, L Treadwell, R Anderson, C Godwin, T McBride
TE: D Walker, J Doyle, J Smith

TEAM 3
12 Team Non-PPR
You Had Me At Helu
QB: T Brady, B Bortles
RB: A Kamara, T Coleman, J Mixon, D Murray, A Ekeler, D Foreman, J Conner
WR: J Jones, B Cooks, G Tate, R Anderson, T Williams, M Lee, K Cole, Z Jones, T Pryor, G Allison, J Malone
TE: T Kelce, G Olsen, D Allen, T Burton

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: What to do with Geno

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:25 am

in 14 teamer I have brady just traded for foles and I am thinking about cutting him but haven't yet.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:22 am

I'd be ok dropping him. I'm only holding in SuperFlex/2QB leagues.

With how devalued QBs are in 1QB leagues; I think you can rest easy knowing that even if he becomes the starter again and is solid, he still wouldn't be worth much of anything.
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

bonscott
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bonscott » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:07 am

Even in 1 QB leagues I like to carry a young developmental QB, especially if either of my main two QBs are older. If you feel Geno is the real deal (and he certainly looked a lot better this year so far) then I'd say hold on to him if you can because Fitz certainly isn't the long term answer.

But I think it boils down to your particular league...do teams normally carry 3rd QBs (in mine below, almost all the non-starting prospects are rostered), if so you may want to do the same unless you draft or trade well you may find yourself in a few years QB poor.

If you have short benches then that makes it really hard to carry a 3rd QB.
And finally if there is a much better deep prospect at RB or WR then that 3rd QB makes an easy target to drop.

Many will say that in 1 QB leagues that QBs are worthless. While that may be true in many leagues, I've found that not to be the case for the most part. QBs are hard to trade for in my leagues, people want a lot, even for QB 2s that aren't clear starters. So if your league is the same, then you need to value Geno accordingly. In a league like mine I guarantee if the Geno owner dropped him he'd be picked up by someone immediately.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:10 am

benrollo1 wrote:Hi,

Standard 1QB league - my QBs are Brees, Flacco & Geno - with the way things are going for Geno is it worth holding on to him and waiting it out or would I be better served cutting bait and dropping him?

Thoughts welcome
Welcome to the forums!

What's your league size and scoring? 16- vs. 12-team and 4- vs. 6-pt. change a lot of things with QB value.

ThrawnFett
Starter
Starter

Postby ThrawnFett » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:27 am

Is there an option to put him in an IR spot? I know IR rules vary from league to league, but some leagues would probably allow that.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:03 am

I'm sorry to hear you own Geno :thumbdown:

Is there anyone in the league desperate at QB that you can get anything for him... anything? 4th round pick? 5th round pick?

benrollo1
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby benrollo1 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:05 am

JoshGordonsDealer wrote:What's your league size and scoring? 16- vs. 12-team and 4- vs. 6-pt. change a lot of things with QB value.
12 team, standard scoring, 4pt passing TDs. 27 man rosters
bonscott wrote:But I think it boils down to your particular league...do teams normally carry 3rd QBs (in mine below, almost all the non-starting prospects are rostered), if so you may want to do the same unless you draft or trade well you may find yourself in a few years QB poor.
Most teams (8 out of 12 I think) have 3 or more QBs
ThrawnFett wrote:Is there an option to put him in an IR spot? I know IR rules vary from league to league, but some leagues would probably allow that.
Unfortunately not - we're on Fleaflicker so we do have an IR option but in our league it's used only for taxi squads
MR ROURKE wrote:I'm sorry to hear you own Geno :thumbdown:

Is there anyone in the league desperate at QB that you can get anything for him... anything? 4th round pick? 5th round pick?
I'm sorry too! :sick: Hard to say at this stage because we've just done our startup draft this summer so everyone has at least decent options for now.

Thanks for the responses everyone - think I'll keep hold of him for now unless anyone offers anything decent for him, re-evaluate a couple of weeks into the season
TEAM 1
12 Team non-PPR
Ladies and Edelman
QB: J McCown, T Siemian, J Flacco
RB: David Johnson, L Miller, M Ingram, J Charles, M Tolbert, M Dayes
WR: A Brown, D Hopkins, A Thielen, S Diggs, K Cole, J Crowder, R Anderson, T Ginn, J Brown, M Williams, A Wilson, B Ellington
TE: Z Ertz, C Fleener, S DeValve

TEAM 2
12 Team PPR
Tricky Trees
QB: A Luck, J Flacco, J Brissett
RB: D Henry, B Powell, T Montgomery, T Riddick, R Burkhead
WR: A Brown, B Cooks, W Snead, B Marshall, M Williams, J Doctson, L Treadwell, R Anderson, C Godwin, T McBride
TE: D Walker, J Doyle, J Smith

TEAM 3
12 Team Non-PPR
You Had Me At Helu
QB: T Brady, B Bortles
RB: A Kamara, T Coleman, J Mixon, D Murray, A Ekeler, D Foreman, J Conner
WR: J Jones, B Cooks, G Tate, R Anderson, T Williams, M Lee, K Cole, Z Jones, T Pryor, G Allison, J Malone
TE: T Kelce, G Olsen, D Allen, T Burton