Jarryd Hayne, RB SF

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: Jarryd Hayne, RB SF

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:59 am

Darkness wrote:Somehow people on his board have projected big roles for 5 rb's on the 49ers...
Oh, I know. However, none of the rest are particularly impressive bottom-line talents (Bush was when he was younger, but not now).

It's very unlikely Hayne can learn enough football at age 27 to earn a major role, but he might have more bottom-line physical talent than the other guys.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:19 am

Kendall Hunter isn't a lock for the roster. That said, Hayne is a long shot to make the team and an even longer shot to ever be fantasy relevant, but is a great story nontheless.

Westy22
Captain
Captain

Postby Westy22 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:18 pm

What did people think of Hayne today? Impressive vision I thought with surprisingly natural ball switching and stiff arms.

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:31 am

He looked really good, I was impressed. I think he earned himself a roster spot these last couple weeks, it'll be interesting to see at who's expense. There's no way they sneak him on the practice squad now.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:41 am

Still far higher on Davis, but Hayne's a fun guy to root for. It would be a fabulous story.

Different sport, but Darren Bennett was one of my favourite players when he came over from the Australian Football League to play for the Chargers. I loved it when a return man would get lit up by the punter!
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:32 pm

Welp, he did it a second week now.

If Hayne's proving useful on special-teams (so far he has, at least as a returner), then I don't like Kendall Hunter's roster chances.
Westy22 wrote:What did people think of Hayne today? Impressive vision I thought with surprisingly natural ball switching and stiff arms.
The stiff arms don't surprise me at all. Just as useful in rugby-league. Ball protection shows he's a coachable professional, which also isn't surprising given his background.

He still needs to run behind his pads. He may never really learn that.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:59 pm

ninotoreS wrote:Welp, he did it a second week now.

If Hayne's proving useful on special-teams (so far he has, at least as a returner), then I don't like Kendall Hunter's roster chances.
Westy22 wrote:What did people think of Hayne today? Impressive vision I thought with surprisingly natural ball switching and stiff arms.
The stiff arms don't surprise me at all. Just as useful in rugby-league. Ball protection shows he's a coachable professional, which also isn't surprising given his background.

He still needs to run behind his pads. He may never really learn that.
Great point, he still sort of runs with the ball like a rugby player for sure. I do like his talent though.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

teambadknees
Starter
Starter

Postby teambadknees » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:20 pm

He is definitely an interesting athlete with some major explosion. I think he will really help on special teams and occasionally on offense. More of a help real football wise rather than fantasy. The fact that he is already 27 going on 28, behind 3 guys who aren't all that bad, on a bad team makes him a long shot IMO. Cool story though. He's an easy guy to root for.
The Bad Knees 12 team PPR TE Premium
QB: k Cousins, B Osweiler, R Wilson
RB: Clement*, J Connor*, J Crockett, M Jones, D Lewis, B Oliver, D Robinson, L Taliaferro, C Thompson, Z Zenner
WR: T Boyd*, John Brown, Corey Davis*, J Edleman, D Hopkins, J Janis, Perriman, R Randle, Albert Wilson
TE: C Gillmore, OJ Howard*,V McDonald, M Pruitt, J Reed, W Tye

The Waterboy 12 team PPR, Defensive big play
2014 Runner-Up 2015 Champs
QB: K Cousins, M Ryan
RB: D Cobb, M Jones, D Lewis, R Matthews, D Murray,J Randle, T Rawls, B Sankey, S Ware, J White, D Woodhead, Z Zenner
WR: D Adams, K Allen, DGB, D Bryant, A Cooper, D Thomas
TE: E Ebron, H Miller, A Sefarian-Jenkins
DL: J Casey, G Hardy, JPP, S Tuitt, O Vernon
LB: S Anthony, J Collins, J Freeman, J Hicks, M Kendricks, R Shazier, Telvin Smith
DB: M Barron, D Lowery, TJ McDonald, H Smith

toine
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby toine » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:26 pm

worth a flyer as an end of roster guy? sure... why not. He's shown a lot more than guys that are regularly going in the 3rd round of rookie drafts...
Don’t be sad that it’s over. Smile because it happened.

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:35 pm

Looks like he made the roster. Will he be the change of pace back with Bush being the 3rd down back?

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:50 pm

Titus Young's Lawyer wrote:Looks like he made the roster. Will he be the change of pace back with Bush being the 3rd down back?
I would assume his special teams role will have him active over Mike Davis on gamedays so there might be a couple carries a game in the cards for this guy. You gotta wonder if he ends up Hyde's direct handcuff at this point if they would prefer to keep Bush confined to his 3rd down role.

Kendall Hunter put on IR with a mysterious injury.

danes1212
Role Player
Role Player

Postby danes1212 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:04 am

I'd pick him up if you can. He's the real deal. Some Niner commentators have made some great points that he's coming in as a super star athlete from Australia. He's in his prime and doesn't hesitate with making cuts and bursting through openings like a rookie right of college. He's got a great attitude and I can see him having a much larger role than just special teams. I can't wait to watch him in action in regular season, this guy is something special.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

agree w/ previous post , easy guy to root for IMHO .
Is it just me or does it seem like he takes short strides kinda like watching someone run in a snow game . It has been wildly effective but something just looks wrong . He will be a media darling if he has any success at all when the games start counting. maybe the southern hemispheres ickey woods ?
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:13 am

I played rugby for two years after I was done with football, and while football is clearly a man's sport, it's got nothing on rugby for toughness and athleticism.

I can see how football developed from rugby, though.

"Wow, it really hurt when I tackled that guy. Maybe I should put on some pads...how about a helmet?"

"Man, I feel like my lungs are going to burst from all this running around. Maybe next time the ball goes down, we take 30 seconds...huddle up or something..."
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:21 am

I don't know about 'athleticism'. Rugby-union just favors thick, slow-twitch white guys that are good at pushing. And then the one guy that's good at place-kicks (speaking of which, I think it's hilarious how the spectators are politely silent when a kick is taken). Rugby-league (Hayne's sport) is better, but still doesn't reward agility and hand-eye coordination remotely as much as American football does.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE