Jarryd Hayne, RB SF

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Jarryd Hayne, RB SF

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:02 am

The 27-year old former rugby star looked explosive in the pre-season game last night with a 53 yard run. He also is being used as a returner. At this point he is obviously just trying to make the roster but he could be a cheap add with some upside.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Jarryd Hayne, RB SF

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:03 am

no

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:40 am

Cheap being the operative word. The niners got him for next-to-nothing.
I think in some of my deeper IDP/return yard leagues I would add him because he is very likely to be a good ST player. The intricacies of NFL offense might be a little much for any early contributions and I think PS is a more likely result for him.
However the rugby transition is interesting because they are a much more straightforward run and sure tackling sort. He didn't look as out-of-place as I thought he might
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:22 am

I'm in a 12-team 30-player roster league with offensive players only. So at least 360 players are taken.

He was drafted in the 30th round.. by an Australian member in our league; so I'm sure his Australian background played a part in drafted him.

In very deep leagues - could be worth a flier.

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:27 am

SF is going to have a dumpster fire of an offense this year. I'm not wasting a valuable roster spot on what is at best their 3rd string RB. He had one long run in an early preseason game, and I think after going so long without football, when we see a big play our brains fizzle and cause us to do dumb things, like pick up Jarryd Hayne

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:41 am

sugbear65 wrote:SF is going to have a dumpster fire of an offense this year. I'm not wasting a valuable roster spot on what is at best their 3rd string RB. He had one long run in an early preseason game, and I think after going so long without football, when we see a big play our brains fizzle and cause us to do dumb things, like pick up Jarryd Hayne
I see the projected struggles for SF helping a player like Hayne. Desperate coaches do desperate things and a stagnant offense can be lured into giving the home-run hitter touches.

Westy22
Captain
Captain

Postby Westy22 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:41 am

The guy is more talented physically than given credit for. He also has already played at the highest stage in Australian sport and at a consistently high level. It will take some serious luck for him to get meaningful carries, but I firmly believe he could carve out a nice role for himself. He came in at number 2 (albeit with Kendall Hunter and Bush sitting out) and impressed with most touches. His run had a large hole, but he found it (T-Rich would have lost yards there), he made a player missed and finished with power on a stiff arm. Not sure if anyone here has seen the video of the goalline TD he scored in camp earlier, but he broke 3 tackles on that with the 1st team to score the TD.

Should you add him? No, but I would (and will) keep a close eye on him.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:44 am

Darkness wrote:no
Legitimate superstar in rugby.

He deserves an add to watch lists, if nothing else.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:38 am

Somehow people on his board have projected big roles for 5 rb's on the 49ers...

Csl312
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Csl312 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:05 am

Don't know anything about this guy but I am wondering if he is/was a superstar in Aussie rugby why is he coming to be likely a ST player in the NFL?

kwade7575
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kwade7575 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:25 am

A guy took him in like round 19 of our startup back in April. Its only a 10 team league too. He is a 49er fan to give you some context on the reach
The Vaders 10-team .5PPR QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Superflex/Flex/Flex
QB - C.Wentz, A. Luck
RB - S. Michel, N. Chubb, R. Jones, D.Murray, S.Ware, B.Powell, Du.Johnson
WR - D.Hopkins, S.Watkins, A.Cooper, M.Lee, D. Parker
TE - Z.Ertz, J. Reed

Saskatchewan Roughriders 16-team .5PPR QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/FLEX/FLEX/FLEX/DEF/K Orphan 2016
QB - Mitchell Trubisky
RB - L.Fournette, Brian Hill
WR - M.Thomas, J.Doctson, Corey Davis, L.Treadwell, J.Crowder, M.Lee, Zay Jones
TE - Z.Ertz
2018 picks 1,1,2,3

Titus Young's Lawyer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Titus Young's Lawyer » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:40 am

Csl312 wrote:Don't know anything about this guy but I am wondering if he is/was a superstar in Aussie rugby why is he coming to be likely a ST player in the NFL?
From what I've read it was a Jordan Baseball type of situation where he just wanted a different challenge. The NFL is popular across the world too. Good thing running a sweep is easier to learn than how to hit the curveball.

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:43 am

He had a good run, but Hayne looked super stiff to me, I can't imagine him being any kind of relevant starting NFL RB, but a special teamer like someone said, I could easily see that. I'm more interested in Mike Davis, I'm not real high on Carlos Hyde and the 49ers look like they are going to be a bad team so alot of young guys will get to play so even though Hyde will get every chance to succeed, I could see Davis getting a chance as well. I've got him in like 3 leagues for next to nothing so I think it's worth a chance for where you can get Davis.
12 TEAM PPR 1QB 1/3RB 1/3WR 1TE 2FLEX 1D 1K

Team 1: 8-5-2019 Champs 8-5-2020 Champs 11-3-2021 Champs
QBs: D.Carr, C.Wentz
RBs: J.Taylor, A.Jones, J.Mixon, B.Robinson
WRs: T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, K.Allen, J.Jones, K.Golladay
TEs: T.Kelce, P.Freiermuth

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 10-3-Championship 2021: 12-2-Runner Up
QBs: J.Allen, Winston, Trubisky
RBs: Ekeler, J.Williams, M.Gordon, J.Jacobs, I.Spiller
WRs: C.Kupp, T.Hill, C.Lamb, C.Godwin, D.Mooney, N.Collins, M.Hardman
TEs: D.Waller, D.Schultz, Albert O

DLF Series SF TE Premium
2020: 9-4

QBs: Mahomes, J.Allen, J.Love, Trubisky
RBs: A.Jones, M.Gordon, McKissic, K.Vaughn, B.Snell
WRs: J.Jefferson, T.McLaurin, K.Golladay, M.Pittman,T.Patrick
TEs: M.Andrews,D.Schultz

2019: 9 championships
2020: 7 championships-including 2 DLF Series Championships
2021: 9 championships-including 3 DLF Series Championships

qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
Captain
Captain

Postby qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:20 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote:He had a good run, but Hayne looked super stiff to me, I can't imagine him being any kind of relevant starting NFL RB, but a special teamer like someone said, I could easily see that. I'm more interested in Mike Davis, I'm not real high on Carlos Hyde and the 49ers look like they are going to be a bad team so alot of young guys will get to play so even though Hyde will get every chance to succeed, I could see Davis getting a chance as well. I've got him in like 3 leagues for next to nothing so I think it's worth a chance for where you can get Davis.
Same here. I didn't get to see the game, but was a bit surprised that Davis only got 3 carries, while Hayne got the majority. I had hoped to get to see a bit more from him.

Westy22
Captain
Captain

Postby Westy22 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:45 pm

Csl312 wrote:Don't know anything about this guy but I am wondering if he is/was a superstar in Aussie rugby why is he coming to be likely a ST player in the NFL?
To put it in perspective he was considered for a while the best player in the game and has consistently been one of the top 3-5. He passed on a multi year multi million dollar deal to pursue Gridiron. The deal he passed up would have been the equivalent to the top 3 salaries in the league...the NFL equivalent would an Adrian Peterson/Marshawn Lynch type status and respect.

He felt he had done everything he wanted to do and felt if he was any older he might not have an opportunity to attempt a code switch to the NFL.

He still has an uphill battle to make the roster and I fear a bad fumble could derail his career very quickly.

edit - for those who have facebook this was the TC goalline run I mentioned...not too shabby. https://www.facebook.com/SANFRANCISCO49 ... 085011875/