Preseason Week 1 Games

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
general mills
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Preseason Week 1 Games

Postby general mills » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:43 pm

J. Thomas has a fractured finger. According to roto he will continue to play without surgery. Will he have problems catching the ball?

general mills
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby general mills » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:46 pm

jdomer2403 wrote:Cja gets hurt second run play...
Ball & Hillman splitting carries.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:16 pm

......and Christine Michael fumbles. So much for his stock rising with some pre-season carries.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:19 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:......and Christine Michael fumbles. So much for his stock rising with some pre-season carries.
Lol...ship sinking.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:20 pm

general mills wrote:
jdomer2403 wrote:Cja gets hurt second run play...
Ball & Hillman splitting carries.
Why did he get a 3rd carry?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:20 pm

Jason3123 wrote:
FantasyFreak wrote:......and Christine Michael fumbles. So much for his stock rising with some pre-season carries.
Lol...ship sinking.
Yup.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:04 pm

7-15, beast.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:09 pm

Friction wrote:7-15, beast.
I think some of that is because where his fumble was recovered. It's still tacked onto the carry, for some reason. If they recover the fumble 8 yards behind the LOS, it's a -8 yard run. I remember this stupid rule on a Dez fumble a few years back. He had like 13 yards, and the ball went backwards about 10, and he was credited with about a 3 yard catch, or something like that. Still, Michael is not exactly lighting it up, regardless.

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:16 pm

Cammiecoke wrote:Abdullah looked good and Gordon was unimpressive but the overreactions in this thread should be the real take away for dynasty players.
Just need to give props to one of the most insightful comments I've read recently. Good stuff, Cammiecoke
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, James Conner, Trey Benson, Jaylen Warren, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:24 pm

Needalife wrote:
Cammiecoke wrote:Abdullah looked good and Gordon was unimpressive but the overreactions in this thread should be the real take away for dynasty players.
Just need to give props to one of the most insightful comments I've read recently. Good stuff, Cammiecoke
I don't think a lot of people are over reacing. It's the first look we have of these players, and it was either a first indication of your analysis of the player and how they look in the pros. Now, if you're already projecting Abdullah to the HOF and Gordon a bust, sure. Gordon's red flags came out in his first pro appearance. Many on this forum had concerns about certain issues, and they were magnified in his first pro performance. To say he can't get over those may be pre-mature, but the concerns are legitimate. He'll bust off a big run at some point, but the vision problems and decisiveness issues, along with the lack of leg drive after contact are indeed going to be a concern.

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:23 pm

We only see what we want to see.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

Cammiecoke
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Cammiecoke » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:25 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
Needalife wrote:
I don't think a lot of people are over reacing. It's the first look we have of these players, and it was either a first indication of your analysis of the player and how they look in the pros. Now, if you're already projecting Abdullah to the HOF and Gordon a bust, sure. Gordon's red flags came out in his first pro appearance. Many on this forum had concerns about certain issues, and they were magnified in his first pro performance. To say he can't get over those may be pre-mature, but the concerns are legitimate. He'll bust off a big run at some point, but the vision problems and decisiveness issues, along with the lack of leg drive after contact are indeed going to be a concern.
First thanks for the compliment Needlife :biggrin: .

Secondly,
I don't want to speak for anyone other than myself but I'm not arguing that anyone is saying any of the bolded above. I saying people are reading way to much of the first pre season game where 1st team units rarely get more than a few series together and very limited sample size on these high profile rookies (Even the people commenting pro or negative aren't making those statements). It's the same stuff that happens every year during the pre season. This time last year J. white was creeping into the middle of the second, D. Freeman was a low end 1st, and OBJ was dropping (2 of my 3 august drafts had him go picks 1.09 (me :dance: ) and 2.06 (not me :wall: ). Now if players continue to struggle into the pre season especially week 3 I'll take it more seriously. I'm sure there other incidences were pre season performances correlated to players rookie years but I'm not going to let the pre season drastically affect what I and the NFL thought on these players.

On Gordon specifically I don't understand how you could make some of the bold statements about him over the off season based on his tape and then do such a 180 without any new tape other than this first pre season game. In my very unscientific survey of the board's posters that I just conducted you were the #1 Gordon backer this off season. Now he doesn't belong in your top 6? I'm all for changing your mind when new evidence is presented but I fail to understand what changed your resolve. Now I just don't want you coming back in 6 months and saying "I told you that Gordon is great and Gurley is/was overrated."

heydangle
All Pro
All Pro

Postby heydangle » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:35 pm

Just here to cry about my Christine Michael shares..
Speaking of Abdullah.. I have the same fuzzy feelings that I had for Michael.. fwiw. And OBJ..

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:32 am

On Gordon specifically I don't understand how you could make some of the bold statements about him over the off season based on his tape and then do such a 180 without any new tape other than this first pre season game. In my very unscientific survey of the board's posters that I just conducted you were the #1 Gordon backer this off season. Now he doesn't belong in your top 6? I'm all for changing your mind when new evidence is presented but I fail to understand what changed your resolve. Now I just don't want you coming back in 6 months and saying "I told you that Gordon is great and Gurley is/was overrated."[/quote]

At one point he was my top back. He dropped below Gurley before the end of it. Yes, he does not belong in my top 6. Cooper, Gurley, White, Parker, Abdullah and Yeldon I would draft ahead of him for sure. I ended up watching more of Abdullah, and Matt Waldman sold me on him. If Gordon comes back as great, so be it, but my feelings on him dropped well before last night. I would have had him about 1.04 before training camp, but my issues with him cropped up there, too. I'm not saying he's a bust, but merely not as good as a handful of other players. I think Gordon will be very good when he gets some holes to the 2nd level, but that won't happen as often. He went from my 1.04 a month ago to my 1.07, that's not that big a dip. He was my top rated back pre draft, but that was months ago. I studied him more and he dropped to my 2nd back. He's now about my 4th. It's not that big a a drop off in rankings. Based on more tape watching and feedback from camp, I have lowered him. Maybe my initial assessment ends up being correct, but right now, I don't see him as a top 6 pick. I have him around 1.07 right now. That's not pulling a 180. I would be doing that if I was calling him a bust.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:26 am

Obviously an ignominious start, but dude, it was just seven carries. And Turbin also reaffirmed last night why he won't/can't be any sort of focal point on offense should Lynch go down.

To be fair, Broncos are a tough match-up and Wolfe in particular is a ferocious hitter.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE