2022 Coaching Carousel

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Re: 2022 Coaching Carousel

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:15 am

Eberflus to the Bears. He's gonna be Eberflustered with the NFC North unless Rodgers leaves. (too far of a stretch?...i'll see myself out now)

Kaz
Captain
Captain

Postby Kaz » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:33 am

Valhalla wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:03 am How feasible is it for them to get Adams along with Rodgers? I'd guess Denver would have to ship out a lot of contract money to do that, like sending Sutton back GBs way to be able to sign Adams (he's an UFA...could he be tagged?). I don't see Denver doing that unless a few things occur. If Rodgers insists on Adams coming with to play there, AND Denver agrees with this demand to take on Adams, AND Green Bay or someone else wants to take on the big contract money (like Sutton?) Denver is offering to them.
Adams if a free agent I believe. So unless the Packers can afford to tag him, he's free to sign wherever. I think they were something like 44m over the cap last I looked, but who knows what kind of wizardry they can pull between getting Arod of the books and a potentially rising cap.
QB: Brees, Ryan
RB: J.Taylor, K.Hunt, R.Jones, Dillon, McKinnon
WR: D.Adams, T.Hill, A.Rob, Lockett, Anderson, P.Campbell, C.Samuel
TE: Kittle, Olsen, D.Sample
DL: Ngakoue, E.Griffen, J.Sweat, Bowser
LB: Mosley, D.Jones, Warner, Treviathan, R. Evans, Okereke, M.Harrison
DB: J.Johnson, T.Mathieu, T.Walker, J.Jones, X.Woods

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:19 am

Valhalla wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:03 am How feasible is it for them to get Adams along with Rodgers? I'd guess Denver would have to ship out a lot of contract money to do that, like sending Sutton back GBs way to be able to sign Adams (he's an UFA...could he be tagged?). I don't see Denver doing that unless a few things occur. If Rodgers insists on Adams coming with to play there, AND Denver agrees with this demand to take on Adams, AND Green Bay or someone else wants to take on the big contract money (like Sutton?) Denver is offering to them.
I think I read Denver has like $45MM of cap space. They could make it work. It does probably make sense the Sutton is included
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:46 am

murphysxm wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:19 am
I think I read Denver has like $45MM of cap space. They could make it work. It does probably make sense the Sutton is included
I thought I read Jeudy was the preferred return target, but either way they'd have to include a WR plus other 1sts/2nds/and 3rd born children.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:54 am

Looks Leftwich is playing hard ball and won't accept Jax job unless Balke is removed from his role

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:59 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:15 am Eberflus to the Bears. He's gonna be Eberflustered with the NFC North unless Rodgers leaves. (too far of a stretch?...i'll see myself out now)
I hope Our GM will be quick with some of these good DC on the market.

What is the best case for Colts at DC?
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:06 pm

murphysxm wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:54 am Looks Leftwich is playing hard ball and won't accept Jax job unless Balke is removed from his role
Hard to criticize Leftwich for this. I'd want a GM I can work with too. He must be very against that Balke for whatever reason.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:18 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:06 pm
murphysxm wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:54 am Looks Leftwich is playing hard ball and won't accept Jax job unless Balke is removed from his role
Hard to criticize Leftwich for this. I'd want a GM I can work with too. He must be very against that Balke for whatever reason.
Maybe his awful track record?

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:37 pm

All the more reason to hire him.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:00 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:15 am Eberflus to the Bears. He's gonna be Eberflustered with the NFC North unless Rodgers leaves. (too far of a stretch?...i'll see myself out now)
I loved it :lol:
Kaz wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:33 am
Adams if a free agent I believe. So unless the Packers can afford to tag him, he's free to sign wherever. I think they were something like 44m over the cap last I looked, but who knows what kind of wizardry they can pull between getting Arod of the books and a potentially rising cap.
It's definitely "feasible" as they will be a package deal. Davante has been pretty open about "wanting the bag" so I imagine that will be part of the terms of any trade that they pull off. The point of paying Davante is what he gives you with Rodgers; it's risky for another team paying him the Kenny Golladay contract (lol) without knowing how much of it is DA and how much of it is Rodgers having mind-melded with him. (I'm sure Mahomes or Herbert would love him, though)

The trick will be in the leverage - GB can tag him. I suppose he could refuse to sign the tag until they assure him that he's being traded, sort of similar to the Leveon Bell hostage/tag situation a few years back in Pittsburgh.

To the money side:

Now it gets a bit trickier. But it's most definitely doable, and you don't even necessarily need to change the DEN roster to do it.

Rodgers has a dead-cap hit of 26 million this year, and an overall cap hit of 46 million.

I believe what that means is that if GB -did- trade him, they would save 20 million and still owe him the 26.

The WR franchise tag for 2022 is 19.1 million, or 16.6 million if the transition tag is brought into play.

I think this is why the earlier reports from the DEN beat-writer were suggesting Jerry Jeudy was part of the compensation package, rather than Courtland Sutton. I definitely agree that a WR would come back GB's way in this deal; you wouldn't need the current DEN room AND Adams. Jeudy is probably the more attractive asset from a financial position; he's younger and still on a rookie deal.

If they tagged Davante and traded Rodgers + DA as a package, it would be straight-absorbed into Denvers cap space with them needing to find around 4-5 million in movement. That's infinitely doable. But I doubt it goes that way - much more likely that Rodgers re-structures his contract and signs an extension, and does so in a way to facilitate both the trade + Davante getting a monster deal.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:58 pm

Oh god Raiders please hire Josh Mcdaniels

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:05 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:58 pm Oh god Raiders please hire Josh Mcdaniels
Be careful what you wish for; A lot of time has past to grow up and mature.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:10 pm

Ice wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:05 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:58 pm Oh god Raiders please hire Josh Mcdaniels
Be careful what you wish for; A lot of time has past to grow up and mature.
From the time he made the Colts look like idiots? Not that long ago. I hope the Raiders don't hire this guy. Good OC, but what he did to the Colts was BS.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:13 pm

Rodgers and Adams to DEN now?
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:19 pm

McDaniels has always been a quality guy. Remember Denver where he managed to mishandle Cutler and Marshall then get fined for filming the 46ers practice the next season? Then Colts thing happened. The rest of the league should know by now who this guy is, a turd sandwich.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu