Way Way Too Early 2022 Draft Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Way Way Too Early 2022 Draft Thread

Postby BabyChark23 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:23 am

I heard some analysts last summer saying that there were some character concerns with Drake London, but they weren’t specific about what. Does anyone know anything about that?

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:07 pm

Yarnith wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:02 am I gotta repeat Kipers never really been accurate at teams picks or talent evaluation particularly, that is an empirically proven fact.
This early in the process, all mocks/rankings are wrong.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:09 pm

Hankybro21 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:25 pm Landing spot aside, where do people rank the likes of Hall, Spiller, and Walker among the likes of the top WRs?

I have 1.01/4/5 for Team 2 in my sig and was planning on going RB heavy (provided that Watson is set to play in 2022) as I suspected the 1.02 and 1.03 picks will go QB
That team 2 roster is in a GREAT situation.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:05 pm

Is there a good free college film site? Haven't found anything comparable to draftbreakdown since they got shut down.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

Hankybro21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hankybro21 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:50 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:09 pm
Hankybro21 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:25 pm Landing spot aside, where do people rank the likes of Hall, Spiller, and Walker among the likes of the top WRs?

I have 1.01/4/5 for Team 2 in my sig and was planning on going RB heavy (provided that Watson is set to play in 2022) as I suspected the 1.02 and 1.03 picks will go QB
That team 2 roster is in a GREAT situation.
Man let’s hope. I took over an orphan in 2019. Made a splash for luck then he retired, so I blew it up. So far that team has been bit hard by the injury bug and looks better on paper than it’s been performing. Barely made the playoffs this year. 2022 is the year! Maybe!
Team 1
Q: Allen, Lamar
W: Devonta, Nuk, Godwin, Adams, Diontae, MT, Bateman, Toney, Osborn
R: JT, Henry, Ekeler, Gibbs, Mattison, Ford
T: Kelce

Team 2
Q: Allen, Mahomes, ARich
W: Jefferson, AJB, Tyreek, GW, Ridley, Godwin, MT, Downs, Toney
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, Breece, J. Cook, Kamara
T: Kelce, Hock
2024: 1.02, 1.04, Pick 21
2025: 1st (early)

Team 3
Q: Lamar, Herbert, Goff, Geno
W: Chase, AJB, Waddle, Pittman, Ridley, MT, Terrace Marshall, Downs
R: CMC, Ekeler, Bijan, Barkley, JT, Kamara, Tucker
T: Andrews, Granson
2024: 1.03, 3rd (late)

Team 4
Q: Mahomes, Allen, Geno
W: Tyreek, Lamb, Ridley, Pittman, Diontae, MT
R: CMC, Henry, JT, Chubb, Dobbins, Tucker
T: Kelce, Gesicki, Kittle

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:05 pm

AZK wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:05 pm Is there a good free college film site? Haven't found anything comparable to draftbreakdown since they got shut down.
Honestly Dynasty Nerds does good cut ups and really tried to fill up the space. Didn’t do a terrible job and if you go on youtube and search “player name vs” you can find usually 2+ videos for the higher tier prospects
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:47 am

I think as it stands, Treylon is in a tier of his own at 1.01 for me. He could be dominant. In a vacuum I'd take him over guys in the top 10 in Dynasty ranks. I'm taking that shot, at that upside. Guy is a freak. In a vacuum, I'd prefer him over the DLF Dynasty WR3 in Lamb, quite easily. I know Lamb is valued in this community very highly (too much IMO), so I'd want to squeeze more out in a deal, but if you asked me who I'd rather have on my team, it's Burks. He looks like a nightmare for secondaries.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:55 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:47 am I think as it stands, Treylon is in a tier of his own at 1.01 for me. He could be dominant. In a vacuum I'd take him over guys in the top 10 in Dynasty ranks. I'm taking that shot, at that upside. Guy is a freak. In a vacuum, I'd prefer him over the DLF Dynasty WR3 in Lamb, quite easily. I know Lamb is valued in this community very highly (too much IMO), so I'd want to squeeze more out in a deal, but if you asked me who I'd rather have on my team, it's Burks. He looks like a nightmare for secondaries.
He's my favorite too but I don't see London or maybe one of the RBs (pending capital and spot--Atlanta is the one I'm watching in particular) as far behind

The Lamb part is risky but I can see it.

I hope Burks goes to a bad spot and gets the AJB treatment and falls to me

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:22 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:55 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:47 am I think as it stands, Treylon is in a tier of his own at 1.01 for me. He could be dominant. In a vacuum I'd take him over guys in the top 10 in Dynasty ranks. I'm taking that shot, at that upside. Guy is a freak. In a vacuum, I'd prefer him over the DLF Dynasty WR3 in Lamb, quite easily. I know Lamb is valued in this community very highly (too much IMO), so I'd want to squeeze more out in a deal, but if you asked me who I'd rather have on my team, it's Burks. He looks like a nightmare for secondaries.
He's my favorite too but I don't see London or maybe one of the RBs (pending capital and spot--Atlanta is the one I'm watching in particular) as far behind

The Lamb part is risky but I can see it.

I hope Burks goes to a bad spot and gets the AJB treatment and falls to me
Yeah, perhaps. I think we view Lamb similarily. He's a good WR, but he's had help around him shifting coverage away, and he's not the type of player that is going to dominate or beat top NFL corners with the level of consistency needed to be a true alpha, top 3-5 player. I think Burks at least has that in his range of outcomes. He's got that early Josh Gordon type feel to him with his size, speed and physicality. I definitely hope he gets the AJB treatment. We should all know better by now. Whether it's AJB, or CEH, seemingly good or bad landing spots shouldn't factor into it nearly as much as how you perceive the players talent. QB is one position I look at landing spot more, because so much goes into their development. Mac Jones and TL had polar opposite situations. Flip those 2 guys landing spots, it's hard not to see a drastic difference in both outcomes, for instance.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:12 pm

Currently I have Burks and Spiller in my tier 1. Landing spot will determine 1.01 this year. I think Spiller will be 1.01 post draft if he goes to a decent spot given RB scarcity, especially this year, and his receiving chops.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

Dynos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dynos » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:22 pm

Garret wilson is very good too. Strong hands, exceptionnal route running

Very good prospect he should be in conversation for a top 4 pick
2019 Champion! 2022 Champion!

Team 1: Superflex, Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex WR/TE,1 Sflex

QB:P. Mahomes, R.Tannehill, J.Hurts
RB: E.Elliott,James Robinson, Chris Carson, L.Fournette, T.Etienne , Tony Pollard,hassan haskins,donta foreman, jaylen warren
WR: Justin Jefferson A.J Brown, M.Thomas, Marquise Brown, T.Lockett, skyy moore, romeo doubs, alec pierce Donovan Peoples-Jones, J.Palmer
TE: kyle pitts, juwan johnson,mckitty

2021 Champion!
Team 2: Superflex, Start 1Qb, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex Wr/TE. 1 SFlex, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE
QB: J.Herbert, Z.Wilson, K.Cousins, K.Pickett,K.Mond
RB: J.Taylor, JK Dobbins, N.Harris, N.Hines, G.Edwards, James Cook, J.Ford, Dameon Pierce, P.Strong, D.Foreman (Jermaine Burton Devy)
WR: J.Chase,Garett Wilson , B.Aiyuk, C.Sutton, R.Bateman, G.Davis, M.Hardman,J.Palmer,
TE: D.Waller R.Tonyan, B.Jordan, Cameron Brate, Cade Otton, G.Everett

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:28 pm

Dynos wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:22 pm Garret wilson is very good too. Strong hands, exceptionnal route running

He's my WR3 but I can talk myself into him at 2

His profile looks better if you dig into it. His production was great until this year when it's a little concerning to see him get overtaken by a sophomore--but it appears that on a per game basis (if the games he missed are removed) he was actually still the alpha in Ohio State's WR room

Tape wise he does get effortless separation as well

I don't see the upside of Burks but if he can stick on the outside a Stefon Diggs type arc is within his range of outcomes (even more fitting if he goes to the Browns and has to rough it with Baker for a year or two before getting a real QB)

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:44 pm

Dynos wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:22 pm Garret wilson is very good too. Strong hands, exceptionnal route running

4th is probably about the average I see him. The general consensus seems spiller, hall, Wilson and Burks as the top 4 then London and walker creeping in at various points

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:29 pm

I’m 100% on this take. If he tests as well as his tape suggests and he gets 1st round capital he might be apart if the Julio/Fitz category of prospects with elite athleticism market share numbers, and age adjusted production. I don’t think there’s another player that touches his upside in this class imo
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:43 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:29 pm
I’m 100% on this take. If he tests as well as his tape suggests and he gets 1st round capital he might be apart if the Julio/Fitz category of prospects with elite athleticism market share numbers, and age adjusted production. I don’t think there’s another player that touches his upside in this class imo
What does he have that London doesn’t besides slightly better production? Especially considering London will go higher in the real draft