Who did it better: Mac Jones or Tom Brady

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Who did it better: Mac Jones or Tom Brady

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:26 pm

As a Pats fan this question is too ridiculous to even entertain but im going to. I love how Mac has looked this season, its extremely tiring defending Mac from "NoOdLeArM" trolls who dont watch the games and just hate the Pats. I think the fantasy community is unfairly down on him because of a preconcieved bias but Brady is the GOAT and this isnt close. Its disrespectful to Brady to even ask this question. Im not the biggest Brady fan at the moment, id like him to retire so i can appreciate him like i truly should, but the man has done so much for this franchise and the city of Boston in general. The patriots were a loser franchise before him, they would have left Massachusetts but he came in and they stayed. He is an absolute legend and needs to be compared to Michael Jordan, Gretzky and Ali not to Mac Jones.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:03 pm

Just thought I'd check in on this thread, seems awful quiet all of a sudden... can't for the life of me think why...

Seems like the only thing in common here is a couple white guys who played QB for the Patriots, no?

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:18 pm

mild wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:03 pm Just thought I'd check in on this thread, seems awful quiet all of a sudden... can't for the life of me think why...

Seems like the only thing in common here is a couple white guys who played QB for the Patriots, no?
I’m assuming the intent of this post is to trash Mac because of the blowout last night? Mac played fine. The Patriots defense was garbage in that game. The Bills played well on both sides of the ball.

No, Mac is not in the same conversation as Brady. Yes, he does look like he will be a good franchise QB for the Patriots going forward.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:36 pm

BabyChark23 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:18 pm
mild wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:03 pm Just thought I'd check in on this thread, seems awful quiet all of a sudden... can't for the life of me think why...

I’m assuming the intent of this post is to trash Mac because of the blowout last night? Mac played fine. The Patriots defense was garbage in that game. The Bills played well on both sides of the ball.

No, Mac is not in the same conversation as Brady. Yes, he does look like he will be a good franchise QB for the Patriots going forward.
I mean, it's right there in the title. This thread was tragic from the moment OP pressed "create".

2 TD's, 2 INT's, and quite a few throws I'd say he'd have wanted back in an all-throwing script game from the opening whistle. I'm sure he'll be "fine". I'm just glad we can finally bury this "Tom Brady 2.0" nonsense once and for all, and all the Pats fans can stop huffing their own farts convincing themselves it was going to be 2002 all over again.

Patriots fans have needed a wake up call for a while. Last night is what reality is going to look like for the rest of the Josh Allen era; and they made a point of telling you that.

It was a beautiful, beautiful game - and I enjoyed every second of it. Namaste!

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:39 am

mild wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:36 pm
BabyChark23 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:18 pm

I mean, it's right there in the title. This thread was tragic from the moment OP pressed "create".

2 TD's, 2 INT's, and quite a few throws I'd say he'd have wanted back in an all-throwing script game from the opening whistle. I'm sure he'll be "fine". I'm just glad we can finally bury this "Tom Brady 2.0" nonsense once and for all, and all the Pats fans can stop huffing their own farts convincing themselves it was going to be 2002 all over again.

Patriots fans have needed a wake up call for a while. Last night is what reality is going to look like for the rest of the Josh Allen era; and they made a point of telling you that.

I hope you read my post. My post is how most pats fans feel about Mac, we dont feel this Tom Brady 2.0 nonsense. Thats a narrative the national media pushed. It is not a narrative the Boston Media or Pats fans pushed. Im not sure if you are Buffalo fan or not, if you are congrats on the win, Josh Allen is an absolute stud, but i beg you not to listen to this one thread, or the National Media. Listen to actual Pats fans, and not the Bandwagon ones who came on in the last 2o years.

Im also unsure where you got this " Pats fans thought it was going to be 2001 all over again" if you listened to any Pats fans we very clearly did not think that way with the way the Pats finished the regular season. Most pats fans were happy just to be in the playoffs 2 years after Brady left. If all you know about Pats fans is what you see because of an Anti Pats twitter algorithim i suggest you stop with that. I dont judge all Bills fans because one guy threw a sex toy at Kendrick Bourne which is totally demeaning to that player.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:49 am

As far as Mac Jones goes, why does he not get the benefit of the doubt that he will get better? Look at Josh Allens rookie year? Allen is great now but he needed a true #1 like Diggs to unlock all of that potential. The double standard is tiring, other rookies get time to develop, Justin Fields, Trevor Lawrence, Josh Allen, but Mac doesnt get any time to develop? Come on now?

With all of that said the premise of this thread is really stupid.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:51 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:49 am As far as Mac Jones goes, why does he not get the benefit of the doubt that he will get better? Look at Josh Allens rookie year? Allen is great now but he needed a true #1 like Diggs to unlock all of that potential. The double standard is tiring, other rookies get time to develop, Justin Fields, Trevor Lawrence, Josh Allen, but Mac doesnt get any time to develop? Come on now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsKy-mThWOU
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:53 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:51 am
Patsfan86 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:49 am As far as Mac Jones goes, why does he not get the benefit of the doubt that he will get better? Look at Josh Allens rookie year? Allen is great now but he needed a true #1 like Diggs to unlock all of that potential. The double standard is tiring, other rookies get time to develop, Justin Fields, Trevor Lawrence, Josh Allen, but Mac doesnt get any time to develop? Come on now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsKy-mThWOU
Ya this was funny. He has probably rarely seen that considering where he has played and lived most of his life. I laughed.

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:11 am

The MAC Machine wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:17 pm Who do you think will emerge as the better Patriots QB statistically by the time this is all said and done?

Tom Brady’s 1st season as starter
86.5 QBR
264/413 - 64%
2843 passing yards
18 TDs
12 INTs
11-3 record in 14 starts

Mac Jones 1st season as starter (rookie season)
QBR 92.5
332/491 - 68%
3540 passing yards
21 TDs
12 INTs
10-6 record in 16 starts
Since single rookies seasons are apparently very important I leave this

102.4 QBR
258/393 65.6%
3200 passing yards
20 TDs
5int
9-6 in 15starts
(also 120 rushes 815yds 7 TDS)
RG3 says hi

Donno what the post was for honestly. Mac had a solid rookie outting and he looked like the QB most people thought he was. Time will tell if he can win games for his team over not losing them. NE is good at hiding those types of QB's with scheme. Yes that was a shot at Jimmy G and Matt Cassel.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:50 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:39 am
mild wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:36 pm I'm just glad we can finally bury this "Tom Brady 2.0" nonsense once and for all, and all the Pats fans can stop huffing their own farts convincing themselves it was going to be 2002 all over again.

I hope you read my post. My post is how most pats fans feel about Mac, we dont feel this Tom Brady 2.0 nonsense. Thats a narrative the national media pushed. It is not a narrative the Boston Media or Pats fans pushed...

Im also unsure where you got this " Pats fans thought it was going to be 2001 all over again" if you listened to any Pats fans we very clearly did not think that way with the way the Pats finished the regular season... I dont judge all Bills fans because one guy threw a sex toy at Kendrick Bourne which is totally demeaning to that player.
Firstly: the Dildo is hilarious. I'm not a Bills fan. That's just Bills mafia having a good time, it's not directed at any player specifically. If a Dildo offends you in 2021, then... :thumbup:

Secondly: may I direct you to possibly the most nationally visible and vocally smug Patriots fan in America, owner and host of one of the most popular Sports Podcasts in all of the world for the last 15 years, and a Patriots lifer: Mr. William "Bill" Simmons Jr.

This is him here, picking the Pats because "in the cold weather, you know who really wants to be out there" and "Bill Belichick has owned this team his whole life". This man did not blink. Believe me when I say: he has been invoking 2002 for many months now.

If you have a problem with someone repeatedly invoking the Brady rookie season, then I suggest you and your Boston friends have a confab, get together, and take down that blowhard when he's not looking. You'll have to travel to LA to do it, but hey: it might even be worth it.

You might also reign in your boi "the MAC Machine" and lecture him on the dangers of creating a thread entitled "Who did it better: Mac Jones or Tom Brady" in a public forum in week 16 of the regular season before Mac had ever played a playoff game. :lol:

You seem sound of mind, so I'm sure you're taking this in stride. If you were more measured about this team's actual ceiling, then more kudos to you. When I say "the Patriots have deserved this for a long time" you know exactly what I mean. Brady beat the league like a drum for 20 years. Those days? They're over.

You can understand how fans of other teams might be quite enjoying this moment, surely.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:31 pm

All this tells me is that New England is good at allowing elite defenses and strong run games to carry inexperienced QBs to winning seasons, by lessening the importance of the QB and raising the importance of offensive line and defensive scheme and personnel.

Put Jones on a team where he had to carry more roster deficiencies and the results would likely be similar to his numbers when the Patriots defense couldn't win them games:

Patriots wins - 263 passing attempts in 10 games 13 TD/3 INT
Patriots losses - 258 passing attempts in 7 games, 9 TD/10 INT

I still think he landed in the most optimal situation for success though.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:02 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:31 pm All this tells me is that New England is good at allowing elite defenses and strong run games to carry inexperienced QBs to winning seasons, by lessening the importance of the QB and raising the importance of offensive line and defensive scheme and personnel.
This is well said. As the defense started to lose it's effectiveness, Mac started to struggle down the stretch. Carson Wentz is similiar, he can succeed if not asked to do much, but when the limelight is on, not sure I want either under center
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:14 pm

mild wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:50 pm

Firstly: the Dildo is hilarious. I'm not a Bills fan. That's just Bills mafia having a good time, it's not directed at any player specifically. If a Dildo offends you in 2021, then... :thumbup:
You really think this is about the item that was thrown? Please provide your work address so I can throw items at you that could cause harm. Calling that act hilarious is hard to defend.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:32 pm

murphysxm wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:14 pm You really think this is about the item that was thrown? Please provide your work address so I can throw items at you that could cause harm. Calling that act hilarious is hard to defend.
1 AT&T Way, Arlington, TX 76011, USA

Throw away, you'll fit right in! :lol:

https://twitter.com/Dillon_Hayes/status ... 40032?s=20

Here's your precious rubber flesh toy being thrown at fully armoured grown men playing a contact sport and missing them by a wide margin; feel free to keep on having a moral outrage spasm like it's 1991.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:53 pm

mild wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:32 pm
murphysxm wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:14 pm You really think this is about the item that was thrown? Please provide your work address so I can throw items at you that could cause harm. Calling that act hilarious is hard to defend.
1 AT&T Way, Arlington, TX 76011, USA

Throw away, you'll fit right in! :lol:

https://twitter.com/Dillon_Hayes/status ... 40032?s=20

Here's your precious rubber flesh toy being thrown at fully armoured grown men playing a contact sport and missing them by a wide margin; feel free to keep on having a moral outrage spasm like it's 1991.
Fans should not throw things on the field. Period. At players, at refs, at coaches. Period.