Wild Card Weekend Discussion

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Wild Card Weekend Discussion

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:04 am

DynastyDrum30 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:47 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:37 am
Patsfan86 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:31 am

This speaks to a bigger problem, fans are getting more out of control than ever it seems. Yes the Buffalo sex toy on the field at Kendrick Bourne was funny, but you shouldnt throw things at players. Fans should not be throwing things at refs. Its just bad all around and im not sure why people think they can act this way?
Lowest common denominator. Dumb people with a bunch of booze in them, acting irrationally and emotionally. What makes it worse, is the guy who is supposed to be the leader of that franchise just incentivized the fans to do it again in the future. Dak is an immature, over paid cry baby. I lost all respect for him after this. He had time to change, shower, process. No excuses. Instead of taking responsibility for his own mistake, he passed blame to someone who didn't deserve it, and condoned violence/aggression towards them.
Agree. This makes Cam Newton after losing Super Bowl 50 seem not so bad. Advocating/condoning violence is just nasty. You're supposed to be a profession and the leader of your team - grow up and show good sportsmanship in your loss. If you and your team would've played better, you would've won, simple as that.
For real. I also hated the call on that play. IMO, you take a shot from the 40 with 14 seconds left. If it falls incomplete, you get another play. The amount of risk on that QB draw was too great for me. Too much can go wrong (and it did). Makes me really question the idea that Kellen Moore is ready to be a HC. He called the play. MM OK'd it, but not getting into what I think of him. BTW, even with the official moving the ball back slightly from where the Cowboys placed it, it was still almost 2 full yards ahead of where it should have been, as Dak slid. Should have been spotted around the 26, not the 24.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:03 pm

I was blown away with how poorly the Steelers D played. Guys running wide open, in situations they never should (20 seconds left in the half) and the run D of course has been terrible for a while. The pass D though. Brutal. That game was left to be taken from them for a QB a lot less talented than Mahomes. Mahomes with time to throw and WR/TE's running wide open? Good luck. Really question the coaching/game planning. I know the Steelers don't fire HC's, but Tomlin leaves a lot to be desired IMO.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:16 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:04 am
DynastyDrum30 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:47 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:37 am

Lowest common denominator. Dumb people with a bunch of booze in them, acting irrationally and emotionally. What makes it worse, is the guy who is supposed to be the leader of that franchise just incentivized the fans to do it again in the future. Dak is an immature, over paid cry baby. I lost all respect for him after this. He had time to change, shower, process. No excuses. Instead of taking responsibility for his own mistake, he passed blame to someone who didn't deserve it, and condoned violence/aggression towards them.
Agree. This makes Cam Newton after losing Super Bowl 50 seem not so bad. Advocating/condoning violence is just nasty. You're supposed to be a profession and the leader of your team - grow up and show good sportsmanship in your loss. If you and your team would've played better, you would've won, simple as that.
For real. I also hated the call on that play. IMO, you take a shot from the 40 with 14 seconds left. If it falls incomplete, you get another play. The amount of risk on that QB draw was too great for me. Too much can go wrong (and it did). Makes me really question the idea that Kellen Moore is ready to be a HC. He called the play. MM OK'd it, but not getting into what I think of him. BTW, even with the official moving the ball back slightly from where the Cowboys placed it, it was still almost 2 full yards ahead of where it should have been, as Dak slid. Should have been spotted around the 26, not the 24.
Various podcasts/articles this am questioning if the staff should be fired en masse or if anyone should hire Moore as a HC for that end of game sequence.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:00 pm

I can't believe it, but...

Cam Akers is redefining what I thought I knew about Achilles tear recoveries in front of my eyes right now.

What am I seeing!

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:29 pm

mild wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:00 pm I can't believe it, but...

Cam Akers is redefining what I thought I knew about Achilles tear recoveries in front of my eyes right now.

What am I seeing!
He looks at least as fast as last year. He's got energy.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:35 pm

What am I seeing!
As I have always said, I hope I am wrong, but I was a sceptic. Looks like he may be breaking the mold
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:35 pm

Kyler is not a top 5 fantasy QB asset. He is just not.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

DynastyDrum30
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDrum30 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:55 pm

From an entertainment standpoint, this may be the worst wild card weekend I’ve ever seen. Non-competitive games, sloppy play, flags galore, refs screwing up. I sure hope arizona comes back and makes this interesting, because this just isn’t fun to watch.
10 man league; .5 PPR; .5 TE Premium
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/Flex/K/Team D) - 28 Man Rosters

Roster Highlights:

QB: Burrow, Purdy, Love

RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, Z. Charbonnet, AJ Dillon, Penny, D. Foreman, T Allgier, Z. White, E. Hull

WR: Chase, Lamb, Olave, T. Higgins, Diontae, Chark

TE: LaPorta, Pitts, Goedert, Schoonmaker

Picks:
2024: 4.06
2025: None

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:58 pm

murphysxm wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:35 pm Kyler is not a top 5 fantasy QB asset. He is just not.
Which 5 are you taking over him?

Mahomes (obviously), Allen (also obvious), Herbert (maybe controversial but not that much for me), Burrow (kind of questionable but I would), ...

Who else? He's nowhere near a top 5 real life QB but he is an excellent dynasty asset

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:10 pm

murphysxm wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:35 pm

What am I seeing!
As I have always said, I hope I am wrong, but I was a sceptic. Looks like he may be breaking the mold
I hate to be the party pooper, but I need to see more. He had a sizeable run through a massive hole where he never had to make a cut or anything before getting up to speed. He certainly doesn't look bad, but he doesn't look faster (as someone eluded to) than last year. It's impressive that he's out there, though. I am not sure he had a full tear, though. I wonder if there's info out there on that. The 40 yarder he was just wide open a minute ago. I want to see how he can explode out of cuts and beat backers before I'm convinced he's back to where he was before.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:17 pm

DynastyDrum30 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:55 pm From an entertainment standpoint, this may be the worst wild card weekend I’ve ever seen. Non-competitive games, sloppy play, flags galore, refs screwing up. I sure hope arizona comes back and makes this interesting, because this just isn’t fun to watch.

Not looking likely.

DynastyDrum30
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDrum30 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:23 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:17 pm
DynastyDrum30 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:55 pm From an entertainment standpoint, this may be the worst wild card weekend I’ve ever seen. Non-competitive games, sloppy play, flags galore, refs screwing up. I sure hope arizona comes back and makes this interesting, because this just isn’t fun to watch.

Not looking likely.
This must be the football gods equalizing things since the regular season was as good as it was.
10 man league; .5 PPR; .5 TE Premium
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/Flex/K/Team D) - 28 Man Rosters

Roster Highlights:

QB: Burrow, Purdy, Love

RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, Z. Charbonnet, AJ Dillon, Penny, D. Foreman, T Allgier, Z. White, E. Hull

WR: Chase, Lamb, Olave, T. Higgins, Diontae, Chark

TE: LaPorta, Pitts, Goedert, Schoonmaker

Picks:
2024: 4.06
2025: None

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:26 pm

DynastyDrum30 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:23 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:17 pm

Not looking likely.
This must be the football gods equalizing things since the regular season was as good as it was.
LOL. Yeah. They haven't been good games, that's for sure. It's what I was worried about with this new format. So far, I'm not surprised. More filler, for more money. I think the NFL had it right before, but they had to tinker because they are greedy, and let's face it, most people will lap it up anyways. Hopefully letting the extra teams in will pay off at some point, but I think this is going to be the norm for a lot of the Wild Card games in the future with this set up. I mean, some of the teams usually play close, but it just didn't work out. The Pats laid an egg, and now the Cards are.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:38 pm

Rams OL is dominating the trenches tonight. Nice finish by Akers on that last run. Hope Baker is OK. Man that OL is making these holes college size tonight. Best run blocking I've seen from them in some time. If they can move the football on the ground this way, they are a real contender to go all the way.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:10 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:58 pm
murphysxm wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:35 pm Kyler is not a top 5 fantasy QB asset. He is just not.
Which 5 are you taking over him?

Mahomes (obviously), Allen (also obvious), Herbert (maybe controversial but not that much for me), Burrow (kind of questionable but I would), ...

Who else? He's nowhere near a top 5 real life QB but he is an excellent dynasty asset
Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Burrow
Lamar, Dak, Kyler

No question he's a great dynasty asset with the running addition, but he's only had the one great year rushing which led him to a QB3 finish. This year, his numbers came back down and his yardage was closer to Mahomes and Herbert's than Allen/Lamar.

Mostly splitting hairs here so don't take this as me dumping on Kyler too bad, but I'm taking the other 6 before him. Hes a good ways ahead of the next QBs though too. Watson, Russ, Arod, Stafford and all the rookies