Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Why is the majority so high on Miles Sanders???

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:35 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:15 am
Space Cowboy wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:08 am Sure looked good on Sunday. I bought for a 2 and a 3 in a 16 team 53 man full IDP league. I wouldn't call it a steal by any means but I thought it was an instant accept.
Good deal for you. I sold Hopkins early in the season for McLaurin and Sanders. Feeling like that's peak value for Nuk, especially with Sanders value going back up

He's one of my most rostered players
Nicely done!

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:24 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:08 am Sure looked good on Sunday. I bought for a 2 and a 3 in a 16 team 53 man full IDP league. I wouldn't call it a steal by any means but I thought it was an instant accept.
He did, then proceeded to get injured again thus my Ryan Mathews comp.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:21 pm

Good deal for you. I sold Hopkins early in the season for McLaurin and Sanders. Feeling like that's peak value for Nuk, especially with Sanders value going back up

Good deals for both PMike and SCowboy. My bet is Hurts is not starting in Philly next season - maybe not much more this season. That's a good thing for all the offensive skill players, including Sanders.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:25 pm

Anteaters wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:21 pm

Good deals for both PMike and SCowboy. My bet is Hurts is not starting in Philly next season - maybe not much more this season. That's a good thing for all the offensive skill players, including Sanders.
Eh, those RPOs open up a lot of run lanes, I like Hurts being there for Sanders stock.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:46 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:42 pm
abloom wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:13 pm I think it's pretty obvious now. Coaching staff has serious concerns about his ball security and ability to hold up to hits. He's going to need a new coaching staff (either in Philly or somewhere else) to revive his career.
Yeah, I mean from a FF perspective, people don't understand it, but it's not as simple as the coach hates him. Sanders just isn't, and never was a bell cow type back. He's a solid NFL back, who has some explosiveness, and is capable of big plays, but questionable vision and durability. He's going to have better success and efficiency with a capped touch total. From an NFL perspective, he's not being used incorrectly, even if he goes somewhere else, he's not going to be getting 300 touches. People can harp about multiple coaching staff's getting it wrong, but the reality is, we don't see much. We don't see them in practice, or in the trainers room etc etc etc. It's just FF owners want points. They always want points. :lol:
No one was expecting 300 touches. He wouldn't need 300 touches to be relevant. Hell..... 200 would be a step in the right direction. This coaching staff is inept and will not last. How many "bell cow" rb's are there anyway? Not many. Sanders is being used so incredibly sparingly that it is a detrement to their offensive production. Lets not pretend that B.Scott is on the same level talent wise please.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:48 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:25 pm
Anteaters wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:21 pm

Eh, those RPOs open up a lot of run lanes, I like Hurts being there for Sanders stock.
Problem here Cowboy is simple. Hurts keeps the ball when they run RPO's. Hurts absolutely kills Sanders' opportunity and production. The coaching staff and Hurts together render Sanders nearly unrosterable. That is an absolute shame.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:50 pm

JFever wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:48 pm Problem here Cowboy is simple. Hurts keeps the ball when they run RPO's. Hurts absolutely kills Sanders' opportunity and production. The coaching staff and Hurts together render Sanders nearly unrosterable. That is an absolute shame.
And yet... as soon as Boston Scott and Jordan Howard are the backs, Hurts is more than happy to hand it off...

It's so weird, I wonder why that could be...

Surely they don't think that Miles Sanders just isn't very good?

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:44 pm

mild wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:50 pm Surely they don't think that Miles Sanders just isn't very good?
With all the bad decision making done by Sirianni and Hurts so far this season, I wouldn't be surprised if they thought that.
TEAM 1:
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:27 pm

JFever wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:48 pm[Player X] absolutely kills [Player Y's] opportunity and production. The coaching staff and [Player X] together render [Player Y] nearly unrosterable. That is an absolute shame.
Whether X equals a QB and Y equals a WR, or whatever the position details are, masking the names makes Player Y sound like a situationally-depressed (read "temporarily") buy low. Talent over situation.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:48 pm

Anteaters wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:44 pm With all the bad decision making done by Sirianni...
Bad take.

In an adapt-or-die league, Sirianni has gotten returns -far- above expectation on what he was given to work with this season. That the Eagles are even in the playoff conversation is a minor miracle. He has to be given his credit for this.

Consider:
Of the 188 million dollars of total cap spending by the Eagles this year...
60 million was spent on the Offense.
63 million was spent on the Defense.
61 million is Dead Money - headlined by 33 million of Carson Wentz, and other such luminous names as "Joe Flacco" and "DeSean Jackson" and "Jordan Howard, from that first time round we cut him" and of course "the immortal Zach Ertz".

This 2021 Eagles team is a contract graveyard.

For context, a competitive team, say, the all-in Tampa Bucs:
96 million of Offense
69 million of very nice Defense
5 million dead cap.

You can throw a tizzy cos your favourite running back isn't getting enough carries, but to besmirch the coaches for the job they've done in Philly this season is borderline heresy. They've literally been working miracles.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:59 am

mild wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:48 pm
Anteaters wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:44 pm With all the bad decision making done by Sirianni...
Bad take.

In an adapt-or-die league, Sirianni has gotten returns -far- above expectation on what he was given to work with this season. That the Eagles are even in the playoff conversation is a minor miracle. He has to be given his credit for this.

Consider:
61 million is Dead Money - headlined by 33 million of Carson Wentz, and other such luminous names as "Joe Flacco" and "DeSean Jackson" and "Jordan Howard, from that first time round we cut him" and of course "the immortal Zach Ertz".

96 million of Offense
5 million dead cap.

You can throw a tizzy cos your favourite running back isn't getting enough carries, but to besmirch the coaches for the job they've done in Philly this season is borderline heresy. They've literally been working miracles.
:lol: at the bold. Anyone who sees promise in Philadelphia's wins should reexamine the season.

Against teams with a winning record (as of today) Philly is 0-4.
Against teams that do not have a winning record (as of today) Philly is 6-3.
The combined record of the teams Philly defeated is 25-46-1.

If that's a miraculous coaching performance, I'd hate to see what Sirianni does when he performs poorly. A GM who retains a coach with that performance is a GM who might not deserve his job. Context matters, and the details matter.

With competent QB and/or competent coaching Philly would have at least two more wins, maybe three - not just wins over terrible teams, but a couple of wins over mediocre teams, or *shudder* even against a good team. That means Philly would be in a playoff position or even leading the division. The cupboard is not barren in Philly - If Sirianni continues to recognize who the better players are on his own team and best utilize them, he'll win more games. If he is capable of adapting.

I agree with you completely that the best coaches adapt. I agree Sirianni might still adapt and become a competent head coach. The reality is some assistant coaches can never become competent head coaches. Dave Wannstedt was one of those guys - great DC, overwhelmed as a HC. Same for Hue Jackson. Some coaches punch above their weight (Rivera) and some punch lesser than we thought they could (Garrett and Gase.) Sirianni, for now, looks like a guy whose best role is as a coordinator, not as a HC.

But I hope you're right. I hope Sirianni is smart enough to recognize his mistakes, and man enough to correct them. There's still time to right the ship in Philly and save his job if he makes the right moves.
Last edited by Anteaters on Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:55 am

If we're gonna talk about the team overall and the win total, the defense is worth mentioning. Philly tries to force you to matriculate the ball down the field with lengthy drives, and teams have had success. Defensive players have grumbled that they're not happy with being so passive, while it's been profitable to start players (especially TEs) facing the defense.

The switch on offense to a run based scheme over the last few weeks has been noticeable, and I wonder if there'll be a similarly obvious defensive change after the bye or in the offseason.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:12 am

Anteaters wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:59 am
mild wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:48 pm
Bad take.

Consider:

96 million of Offense
5 million dead cap.

:lol: at the bold. Anyone who sees promise in Philadelphia's wins should reexamine the season.

Against teams with a winning record (as of today) Philly is 0-4.
Against teams that do not have a winning record (as of today) Philly is 6-3.
The combined record of the teams Philly defeated is 25-46-1.

If that's a miraculous coaching performance, I'd hate to see what Sirianni does when he performs poorly. A GM who retains a coach with that performance is a GM who might not deserve his job. Context matters, and the details matter.

With competent QB and/or competent coaching Philly would have at least two more wins, maybe three - not just wins over terrible teams, but a couple of wins over mediocre teams, or *shudder* even against a good team. That means Philly would be in a playoff position or even leading the division. The cupboard is not barren in Philly - If Sirianni continues to recognize who the better players are on his own team and best utilize them, he'll win more games. If he is capable of adapting.

I agree with you completely that the best coaches adapt. I agree Sirianni might still adapt and become a competent head coach. The reality is some assistant coaches can never become competent head coaches. Dave Wannstedt was one of those guys - great DC, overwhelmed as a HC. Same for Hue Jackson. Some coaches punch above their weight (Rivera) and some punch lesser than we thought they could (Garrett and Gase.) Sirianni, for now, looks like a guy whose best role is as a coordinator, not as a HC.

But I hope you're right. I hope Sirianni is smart enough to recognize his mistakes, and man enough to correct them. There's still time to right the ship in Philly and save his job if he makes the right moves.
The fact that that roster has won 6 games is surprising to me, regardless of who they were against. Sirianni has done better than my expectations.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:48 am

Agree, Philly is in full rebuild. I figured maybe 4-5 wins best case. Sirianna isn't going anywhere. He has been better than the media portrayed him to be after his rocky start.

Of course it is Philly so who knows for sure.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:24 am

He'll get another year, keep in mind they have extra picks coming down the pipeline. They looked like a .500 team, slightly less and thats what they are. I haven't formed an opinion on Siriani but on a personal level he's blah to me, we shall see.