The Kyle "Is not the" Pitts Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: We Starting Gesicki Now?

Postby Jrblaha » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:17 am

Anteaters wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:57 am 9 Targets, 8 Receptions, 115 Yds.

Tua returns and Gesicki is fantastic again!

Are we all starting Gesicki now?

(With Pitts on bye, I figured I'd keep this thread alive with the Week6 exploits of 2021's other breakout TE candidate.)
I start Gesicki! And I start Hunter Henry in the flex. Not TEPremium, just regular ppr. Needless to say, I’m 1-4 lol :) But I actually like Mike for ROS and beyond
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Re: The Kyle "Is not the" Pitts Thread

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:44 pm

Even with an up and down year, he is currently the #7 TE in my 1 PPR league.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:07 pm

Does a unicorn exist if no one actually sees it?

By all means he's not doing poorly, but just seems as though he's still being waaay under utilized for what he should be. His caliber of player should be averaging 8-10 targets minimum. Is the offense that sad? Defenses doubling him? Will it take Ridley coming back to stretch the field to open him up?
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:02 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:07 pm Does a unicorn exist if no one actually sees it?

By all means he's not doing poorly, but just seems as though he's still being waaay under utilized for what he should be. His caliber of player should be averaging 8-10 targets minimum. Is the offense that sad? Defenses doubling him? Will it take Ridley coming back to stretch the field to open him up?
He gets doubled and see's exrtra coverage on extra play. Gage? Zaccheus? Mike Davis? Smh

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:15 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:02 pm
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:07 pm Does a unicorn exist if no one actually sees it?

He gets doubled and see's exrtra coverage on extra play. Gage? Zaccheus? Mike Davis? Smh
It really is an inquiry as I haven't seen a single ATL game. Patterson still makes things happen, but I'd assume that's due to scheme and Pitts drawing attention away from him. Pitts is still a very promising rookie, but with all that spotlight comes the best defenders locking you down.
I'll enjoy watching him grow and hopefully get a better supporting cast soon.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:23 pm

Yes to literally everything you wrote.

He -is- averaging 7.5 targets a game this season. That's pretty good.

Is the offense that sad? Yes.

Are defenses doubling him? Yes, almost exclusively. The Pats bracketed him all day, literally said "throw to anyone else". Jax did the same thing, they won the Pitts battle at the cost of losing the war.

A tight end is exciting in an offense because of the ways that you can use them for mismatch trickery - the personnel deployed messes with defensive packages and assignments when you've got a Waller or Kelce calibre TE that you must account for. Defenses can take Kelce or Tyreek away, but not both. It's no surprise that Wallers' slump has coincided with the Raiders losing their deep threat in Leadfoot Ruggs - and the same thing has happened to Pitts. (But on an even more disfunctional/talent barren offense)

It's unfair to cast a Rookie TE as your top WR, even if he has some of those intangibles. It's the hardest position to learn as a skill player; the blocking and line assignments can sometimes take players years - on top of what they are already asking him to do (be Kelce) as a rookie pass catcher. He's acquitting himself well, and showing us the flashes that we needed to see. There is no panic here.

Also, expect his TD regression to start coming back the other way in the back half of this season. He's currently at 661 yards on 75 targets, with a 14.7 (!!!) average yards per reception... and one singular TD.

If he catches a few more of those to close out the season, he will climb the TE scoring ranks in a big hurry.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:34 pm

:thumbup: Thanks mild. Well written.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:35 pm

Why are there like 6 threads combined into one?

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:45 pm

Just people changing the Subject line above where you type. Some people like to have a little fun at others expense.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:47 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:45 pm Just people changing the Subject line above where you type. Some people like to have a little fun at others expense.
Nah, he's also not wrong. There's a Geseicki thread merged in here now and everything. Madness! :lol:

But also yes, guilty as charged. I love a good Subject Line change.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:31 pm

mild wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:47 pm
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:45 pm Just people changing the Subject line above where you type. Some people like to have a little fun at others expense.
Nah, he's also not wrong. There's a Geseicki thread merged in here now and everything. Madness! :lol:

But also yes, guilty as charged. I love a good Subject Line change.
I think we need a NEW Kyle Pitts thread. /s

I saw the Gesicki one in here and laughed as well lol

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:14 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:31 pm I think we need a NEW Kyle Pitts thread. /s
Don't even tempt me, I've been ready to make POPULAR OPINION II: THE REAL KYLE PITTS THREAD for like 9 weeks now :lol: :lol: :lol:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:29 pm

mild wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:23 pm

Yes to literally everything you wrote.

He -is- averaging 7.5 targets a game this season. That's pretty good.

Is the offense that sad? Yes.

Are defenses doubling him? Yes, almost exclusively. The Pats bracketed him all day, literally said "throw to anyone else". Jax did the same thing, they won the Pitts battle at the cost of losing the war.

A tight end is exciting in an offense because of the ways that you can use them for mismatch trickery - the personnel deployed messes with defensive packages and assignments when you've got a Waller or Kelce calibre TE that you must account for. Defenses can take Kelce or Tyreek away, but not both. It's no surprise that Wallers' slump has coincided with the Raiders losing their deep threat in Leadfoot Ruggs - and the same thing has happened to Pitts. (But on an even more disfunctional/talent barren offense)

It's unfair to cast a Rookie TE as your top WR, even if he has some of those intangibles. It's the hardest position to learn as a skill player; the blocking and line assignments can sometimes take players years - on top of what they are already asking him to do (be Kelce) as a rookie pass catcher. He's acquitting himself well, and showing us the flashes that we needed to see. There is no panic here.

Also, expect his TD regression to start coming back the other way in the back half of this season. He's currently at 661 yards on 75 targets, with a 14.7 (!!!) average yards per reception... and one singular TD.

If he catches a few more of those to close out the season, he will climb the TE scoring ranks in a big hurry.
Yeah, but just think of how amazing he'd be if he had Jalen Hurts throwing him the ball..... :wink:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:44 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:29 pm Yeah, but just think of how amazing he'd be if he had Jalen Hurts throwing him the ball..... :wink:
You're so right FF, that'd be MUCH better! Jalen Hurts - as you well know - has a higher PFF grade this year than Matt Ryan!

... and as we've previously discussed and agreed: PFF is a nigh infallible stat that should never be dismissed out of context, especially as it pertains to constructing straw-man arguments on Fantasy Football internet forums.

Now... if we could just get Pitts hooked up with Prime Era Derek Carr... y'know, from 2016... then we'd really be cooking with gas... might even win a Wild Card playoff game! (But lets not get too carried away...)

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Re: the Kyle Pitts Is Kinda Good thread

Postby Anteaters » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:11 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:29 pm Yeah, but just think of how amazing he'd be if he had Jalen Hurts throwing him the ball..... :wink:
:lol: :lol:
Dream Team: Hurts, Swift, Aiyuk, Pitts

In that lineup, I wonder if anyone other than Hurts would be startable?
mild wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:44 amNow... if we could just get Pitts hooked up with Prime Era Derek Carr... y'know, from 2016... then we'd really be cooking with gas... might even win a Wild Card playoff game! (But lets not get too carried away...)
I'm not sure the argument holds up that Pitts would do better with other good-to-verygood QBs. Ryan has supported TE1s regularly over the past few years.
2021: Pitts is currently TE7
2020: Hurst was TE6 in total points.
2019: Hooper was TE6 in total points, TE3 in ppg.
2018: Hooper was TE6

That's not a bad run for Ryan being TE-friendly. Not a bad rookie season for Pitts. Of course, Pitts isn't the overall TE1 or TE2 (and isn't challenging for WR1 status as some said he would, or even rookie WR1 status) but no one who knows football thought that was a real possibility for a rookie TE anyway.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser