General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Why not D'Andre Swift?

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:55 pm

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:52 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:49 pm
DJB wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:29 pm Remember when people passed on this guy for CEH due to landing spot?

Good times by those fools.
I'm one of those fools. It's closer now, but I think I'd still take CEH.
So... So you're still calling yourself a fool?
Ask again in three years.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:04 pm

Earmarked

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:14 pm

DJB wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:29 pm Remember when people passed on this guy for CEH due to landing spot?

I think there were few people who did that. There were many who thought Clyde was a very good RB, and the combination of that and landing spot made them choose him. I think most people expected more passing game work from Clyde, which hasn't materialized. Clyde has looked good his last few games (the back to back 100 yard rushing with a TD games before his injury, and the last game). His touches were a bit more limited his first game back, but he looked spry. Not sure why you're so quick to write their whole careers off as known, that Swift will have a better one than CEH. I actually roster both players, but I don't pretend to know how the rest of their careers are going to shake out. Swift would certainly hold more value for trades right now, but a lot can change over the next few years.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:54 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:14 pm

I think there were few people who did that. There were many who thought Clyde was a very good RB, and the combination of that and landing spot made them choose him. I think most people expected more passing game work from Clyde, which hasn't materialized. Clyde has looked good his last few games (the back to back 100 yard rushing with a TD games before his injury, and the last game). His touches were a bit more limited his first game back, but he looked spry. Not sure why you're so quick to write their whole careers off as known, that Swift will have a better one than CEH. I actually roster both players, but I don't pretend to know how the rest of their careers are going to shake out. Swift would certainly hold more value for trades right now, but a lot can change over the next few years.
I actually was a massive CEH fan pe draft. I gave him a ton of love when many others weren't even talking about him.

But come rookie draft season he was the classic landing spot vs talent choice. On the ADP rookie chart he was #1 over better talents. I even wrote a massive article in August 2020 about how this was going to be a mistake because choosing landing spot over talent rarely works out.

And regardless if CEH has looked better of late which I agree, you couldn't trade me two CEH's for my Swift.

And for that reason I and others were correct in not reaching for the situation over the more talented player in Swift who clearly has more value.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:00 am

Both Swift and CEH have been some of the most injury prone players lately. Not sure you want stock in either if they continue down this path as they'll spend more time on your bench. Both are undersized and underutilized for what they should be doing. Swift is the better overall value, but I'd sell both personally if I could get a decent return.

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:52 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:00 am Both Swift and CEH have been some of the most injury prone players lately. Not sure you want stock in either if they continue down this path as they'll spend more time on your bench. Both are undersized and underutilized for what they should be doing. Swift is the better overall value, but I'd sell both personally if I could get a decent return.
Swift hasn’t missed a game all year. He’s day to day right now with a mild shoulder sprain and they’re talking about him suiting up.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:16 am

DJB wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:54 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:14 pm

I actually was a massive CEH fan pe draft. I gave him a ton of love when many others weren't even talking about him.

But come rookie draft season he was the classic landing spot vs talent choice. On the ADP rookie chart he was #1 over better talents. I even wrote a massive article in August 2020 about how this was going to be a mistake because choosing landing spot over talent rarely works out.

And regardless if CEH has looked better of late which I agree, you couldn't trade me two CEH's for my Swift.

And for that reason I and others were correct in not reaching for the situation over the more talented player in Swift who clearly has more value.
As I said, I roster both players, but the reason Swift is outscoring CEH in PPG is usage, plain and simple. CEH is averaging almost a yard per carry more than Swift. Swift is just getting way more targets. Ironically, it's situation that is in large part, the reason for that. I doubt his target share will ever be higher than this year, as I stated a while back. The Lions have absolutely nothing at the WR position, and that will likely change in future years. The mistake of basing it on situation, turns out that Andy Reid decided not to use CEH's talent as a receiving back the way many thought he would. They assumed rational coaching. They assumed because he drafted one of the best receiving backs in the country, that he would deploy CEH in that fashion, but Reid did not, and does not. That's the difference between the 2 really. Targets. Not talent. One of CEH's main talent's isn't even being used to it's ceiling. I mean, sure you can claim that there is some huge talent gap between the 2, but that's simply your opinion. Both went in the same area of the draft, and one is simply being deployed in a way that suits a made up scoring system (PPR) for a fake game that doesn't affect the NFL and it's teams. CEH has averaged more yards per game to this stage of his career than Swift.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:43 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:00 am Both Swift and CEH have been some of the most injury prone players lately. Not sure you want stock in either if they continue down this path as they'll spend more time on your bench. Both are undersized and underutilized for what they should be doing. Swift is the better overall value, but I'd sell both personally if I could get a decent return.
I feel like we're way too quick to call players injury prone. The majority of players in the NFL are dinged up and on the injury report throughout the season and just playing through it as well as they can.

Swift has missed 3 games out of 24 and it was because of a concussion. He was on the injury report for a groin injury earlier in the season, but played through it.

We'll see how much time he misses from this, but so far there's nothing unusual about his health.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:37 pm

I don't agree that Swift is more talented than CEH, and while his landing spot in KC was nice, it's not the sole reason that I and others took him over Swift.

And for both players, counting games missed is misleading when talking about injuries. You should include partial games, and how often you're sweating out Sunday morning statuses. Not easy to do, but it's a big difference that usually the owners of the player really notices.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:54 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:37 pm I don't agree that Swift is more talented than CEH, and while his landing spot in KC was nice, it's not the sole reason that I and others took him over Swift.

And for both players, counting games missed is misleading when talking about injuries. You should include partial games, and how often you're sweating out Sunday morning statuses. Not easy to do, but it's a big difference that usually the owners of the player really notices.
This is what I meant by Swift being injury prone. He manages to still play, which gives you hope, but at what cost to him during the game. Is he truly getting the reps he should or is he limited every game? I know every player is going to have dings and bruises, but they also don't put those on the injury report every. single. week. There seems to be more with Swift. I love the player, but hate the game. I'd still gladly sell for his ransom.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:01 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:54 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:37 pm I don't agree that Swift is more talented than CEH, and while his landing spot in KC was nice, it's not the sole reason that I and others took him over Swift.

This is what I meant by Swift being injury prone. He manages to still play, which gives you hope, but at what cost to him during the game. Is he truly getting the reps he should or is he limited every game? I know every player is going to have dings and bruises, but they also don't put those on the injury report every. single. week. There seems to be more with Swift. I love the player, but hate the game. I'd still gladly sell for his ransom.
Maybe we should start comparing % of snaps per game and year. While that isn't a perfect solution, it may help.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:04 pm

But again, this is something every player goes through at some point. Swift's history of being questionable + missing games isn't different from the typical player.

2020: Concussion (missed 3 games, on injury report for 3 weeks)

2021: Groin (missed 0 games, on injury report for 7 weeks)

How many of the games this season was he a legitimate GTD for? Maybe one?

It's football. Every player is playing through something. Unless it's a really significant injury history of a player constantly having major injuries, I wouldn't sell around it.

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:47 pm

Totally agree with Cameron. Calling him injury prone is nutso crazy.

To extrapolate further, “he’s dinged up and it could limit him”. Okay? He was RB 5 going into this game, was he very limited?

-Akers torn Achilles
-CEH IR stints back to back years
-Dobbins torn ACL
-Gibson legitimately banged up knee and you’re actually worried
-JRob missed games this year too, slap injury prone on him too

Non-second year backs
-Henry
-Etienne
-Cook
-Barkley
-Chubb
-Hunt
-Aaron Jones

It’s football, he hasn’t even missed a game yet this year, you think this guy is injury prone? Darren McFadden would love to have a word with you. Now that we have a 17 game, 18 week season expect there to be some load management to get guys through the year.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:56 pm

Can you PLEASE explain your reasoning? :lol:
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:15 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:56 pm

Can you PLEASE explain your reasoning? :lol:
I like CEH's game better. Swift runs upright, kind of like McFadden. I think CEH's smaller stature and lateral agility will help him last longer.

I think the Chiefs will wise up with their usage of their RB, and I don't trust the Lions organization, so Swift may be at his peak now. They may have a new coach in a little over a year.

This game is the most fun when I go with my gut, and I'll accept the results if I'm wrong.