Elijah Mitchell thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jrblaha
Captain
Captain

Re: Elijah Mitchell thread

Postby Jrblaha » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:47 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:03 am The expectation by some over Wilson has me as puzzled as the excitement by some over Mike Davis before the season started. What has Wilson done that would make people think he’ll put Mitchell on the bench when he returns?

We’re talking about a guy who is built like a WR and has has as many 100+ yd rushing games in 25 games over 3 years as Mitchell has had in 4 games as a 6th round rookie - and Wilson’s 2 100+ yd rushing games were against bottom third run Ds. Mitchell was pretty much the last guy left last year when he put up his big game against a terrible NE run D.

Mitchell on the other hand has given SF exactly what they want from a RB - good solid production that keeps the offense ahead of the chains with the ability to bust off long plays. He’s averaging 4.70 ypa and has shown some pass protection ability. He’s forced Sermon to the bench (or inactive list) and is pretty much a RB that fits the SF offense very well and has the physique to take more punishment than Wilson. He absolutely has the look of a Shanahan RB.

I’m not seeing where Wilson adds anything more than solid depth to the RB corps. Explain to me why I’m wrong.
This is why I a want a 1st for Mitchell plus filler. I’d rather have Mitchell than 2 2nds
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

CubfanAA
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CubfanAA » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:03 am

Jrblaha wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:47 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:03 am The expectation by some over Wilson has me as puzzled as the excitement by some over Mike Davis before the season started. What has Wilson done that would make people think he’ll put Mitchell on the bench when he returns?

We’re talking about a guy who is built like a WR and has has as many 100+ yd rushing games in 25 games over 3 years as Mitchell has had in 4 games as a 6th round rookie - and Wilson’s 2 100+ yd rushing games were against bottom third run Ds. Mitchell was pretty much the last guy left last year when he put up his big game against a terrible NE run D.

Mitchell on the other hand has given SF exactly what they want from a RB - good solid production that keeps the offense ahead of the chains with the ability to bust off long plays. He’s averaging 4.70 ypa and has shown some pass protection ability. He’s forced Sermon to the bench (or inactive list) and is pretty much a RB that fits the SF offense very well and has the physique to take more punishment than Wilson. He absolutely has the look of a Shanahan RB.

I’m not seeing where Wilson adds anything more than solid depth to the RB corps. Explain to me why I’m wrong.
This is why I a want a 1st for Mitchell plus filler. I’d rather have Mitchell than 2 2nds
yeah, I don't think you are going to find many Mitchell owners that will sell for less than a 1st and most probably not even for a projected late 1st. He is one of those guys that I just don't see being involved in many trades. It doesn't make sense for a contender to sell him and he's exactly the type of player somebody in a rebuild should be looking to acquire instead of sell because his value could skyrocket with a few more good games. So it really makes sense for all owners to hold unless somebody wants to overpay.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:54 am

I have a '23 2nd offer on the table for him. It should be an early pick, but at the moment I'm not biting. My current RB group is decimated so I can't sell anyway, but it just seems low given his potential. But like any 49er RB it could change tomorrow and he's not even worth a 4th.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:00 am

The thought behind Wilson, for me at least, is when he's been given the backfield to himself, he does well with it. Yes, he's been in the league 3 years and doesn't have a ton of 100 yard games. But he performed very well last year down the stretch

Mostert played up until week 7... then Wilson took over (temporarily)
Week 7. 17 rushes, 112 yards and 3TD. 2 rec 8 yards
Wilson left this game hurt...

Wilson took over for Mostert halfway through week 15 so split touches that week

Week 15 16/60/1TD
Week 16 22/183 1 rec TD
Week 17 20/76 and 2 total TD

So, I think given those numbers, Wilson will be in the mix once he's back. I'm not saying Wilson takes Mitchell's job at all. But I do believe it becomes a bit of a mess. I hope I'm wrong though.

Mitchell has been given the majority of the carries 3 of 4 weeks this year (Lance outrushed him 16 attempts to 9 in the loss to ARI) and 2/3 times he's hit 100 yards. That's pretty good as well and tracks similarly to what Wilson did.

Bottom line: I think any of the SF RB, if given a majority of carries, will be successful here. Except for Sermon. Mitchell is RB1 right now and I think if Wilson comes back healthy, he is the biggest threat. I do wonder how much Lance affects this going forward since he will take some carries away

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:01 pm

KS is a hot hand coach. Mitch is hot while Wilson is not hot.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:38 pm

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:01 pm KS is a hot hand coach. Mitch is hot while Wilson is not hot.
KS is a "trust my vets" kinda coach. Loves guys that grind for him. Mitch is a rookie, whilst Wilson has 3 years experience with him, and has shown an ability to have monster games whilst operating within the SF scheme as the starter in years gone by.

^ I mean, it could just as easily read that way in a few weeks time. We just don't know yet... but keep playing Mitchell if you've got him!

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:19 pm

I just dealt him straight up for Monty

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:50 pm

:D
mild wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:38 pm
SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:01 pm KS is a hot hand coach. Mitch is hot while Wilson is not hot.
KS is a "trust my vets" kinda coach. Loves guys that grind for him. Mitch is a rookie, whilst Wilson has 3 years experience with him, and has shown an ability to have monster games whilst operating within the SF scheme as the starter in years gone by.

^ I mean, it could just as easily read that way in a few weeks time. We just don't know yet... but keep playing Mitchell if you've got him!
Actually yes, you’re right. And KS did go right back to Mitch after his two week absence, which spells good things for him. Does it mean the same thing can happen when JW returns, yes I suppose so.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:55 pm

We may find out this weekend, Wilson active. Mitchell is Q but expected to play

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:34 pm

KingsKing wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:19 pm I just dealt him straight up for Monty
Wow. Nice sell.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:39 am

Wilson has already run in that scheme and done well in flashes. It's reallly survival of the fittest. All of their RBs seemingly get hurt after a few games. Mitchell is probably a tough hit or awkward fall from re-aggrevating his rib injury, so they had him in a non-contact jersey all week to manage.

The best 49ers back is the one who's playing. Wilson is now (unsurprisingly) in a position to be a difference maker. Hell, I'd argue it's better for him that he doesn't play today, because he's also extremely fragile.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:58 am

It's clear to me now - Elijah Mitchell is a rock star.

Who cares why he was drafted so late - this guy's a stud.

Sure I still have Wilson stashed because 49ers, but love Mitchell.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:02 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:39 am
Love this-

“Hell, I'd argue it's better for him that he doesn't play today, because he's also extremely fragile.”

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:44 pm

PFF wrote:All Elijah Mitchell has done with his opportunities this season is work as one of the game’s most efficient backs:

PFF rushing grade: 76.0 (No. 17 among 48 qualified backs)
Missed tackles forced per carry: 0.17 (tied for No. 26)
Yards per carry: 5.3 (No. 6)
Yards after contact per carry: 4.2 (No. 2)
The latter metric is even more impressive considering Mitchell hasn’t simply benefited from a long run or two skewing the average. Overall, Mitchell has gained at least 2.0 yards after contact on 73% of his rush attempts — the sixth-highest mark in the league.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:40 am

yards after contact is a nothing stat, it doesn't tell you whether the contact was just a brush, or a serious attempt at a tackle.
i wouldn't give it much importance, if any.