Way Way Too Early 2022 Draft Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
timeEd32
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Way Way Too Early 2022 Draft Thread

Postby timeEd32 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:01 pm

As of now it is looking very weak on QBs for SF.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:13 pm

timeEd32 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:01 pm As of now it is looking very weak on QBs for SF.
I think there's reasonable thought here that a better bet for the 2022 QB needy would be attempting to buy Zach Wilson, Mac Jones, or perhaps even Tua - guys that haven't exactly "smashed" yet and can still be had for reasonable capital.

Fields and Lance would be obvious mentions here too - but I would imagine their owners are still bullish thanks to the rushing floors. (Same with Lawrence, but more probably because someone spent the 1.01 on him)

As a repeat contender in my main league that gave up some reasonable assets (Hunt, E. Moore) to go and get Wilson on draft night, I've felt better and better about that decision with every passing week of the College season - despite Wilson's struggles. (They're asking him to do a lot, and the surrounding situation is still very bad - I like his mental makeup, his arm talent, and his long-term outlook despite the short-term ransacking)

If you're in the QB market for '22, I'd refocus to younger distressed assets - or just pay up for Lamar Jackson, who is yet to turn 25 and is younger than Joe Burrow :lol:

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:57 pm

mild wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:13 pm
timeEd32 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:01 pm As of now it is looking very weak on QBs for SF.
I think there's reasonable thought here that a better bet for the 2022 QB needy would be attempting to buy Zach Wilson, Mac Jones, or perhaps even Tua - guys that haven't exactly "smashed" yet and can still be had for reasonable capital.

Fields and Lance would be obvious mentions here too - but I would imagine their owners are still bullish thanks to the rushing floors. (Same with Lawrence, but more probably because someone spent the 1.01 on him)

As a repeat contender in my main league that gave up some reasonable assets (Hunt, E. Moore) to go and get Wilson on draft night, I've felt better and better about that decision with every passing week of the College season - despite Wilson's struggles. (They're asking him to do a lot, and the surrounding situation is still very bad - I like his mental makeup, his arm talent, and his long-term outlook despite the short-term ransacking)

If you're in the QB market for '22, I'd refocus to younger distressed assets - or just pay up for Lamar Jackson, who is yet to turn 25 and is younger than Joe Burrow :lol:
Lol there’s a thing called ownership bias and in this case it is seriously clouding your judgement. Wilson currently has the most INT in the league and has more INT than TDs lol. I own him and at this point I’m treating him like Drew Lock and flipping if I can
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:02 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:57 pm
mild wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:13 pm

Lol there’s a thing called ownership bias and in this case it is seriously clouding your judgement. Wilson currently has the most INT in the league and has more INT than TDs lol. I own him and at this point I’m treating him like Drew Lock and flipping if I can
eh for what I got him for, I think I'd rather hold and hope he develops. The kid obviously has the physical talent to be successful, gonna give him the benefit of the doubt considering he's spending his rookie year in one of the worst franchises in the league
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

timeEd32
Role Player
Role Player

Postby timeEd32 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:20 pm

The debate you two just had is the internal struggle I have every day.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:49 pm

timeEd32 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:20 pm The debate you two just had is the internal struggle I have every day.
Hold strong on Wilson. Ownership bias of which I am *clearly* suffering aside (lol) there are more than enough reasons to give him a pass through 5 weeks of play if you believed in the talent coming out. I still do. I'm not the kind to get put off my assessment by a touch over a month's worth of play. So, to wit:

- perhaps the worst franchise in the league
- with an incredibly poor surrounding talent level
- with perhaps his most explosive receiver as a rookie, and his ostensible alpha receiver as *checks notes* "Corey Davis"
- with his Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator, and multiple key offensive pieces around him (WR, OL, RB) all rookies
- ... all whilst being asked to do more than any other Rookie QB

Owners who are panicking are exactly why I made the post, and called him a "distressed asset".

Yes, he has a lot of interceptions. The throws he is being asked to make are unlike the throws every other rookie QB is being asked to make (possible exception of Lawrence). There has been no coddling, no "easing in" to being a pro for Wilson. If he was a lesser human, it might break him - but I personally don't think it will, just based on my read of the guy from what I've seen and scouted.

Cerebrally, and arm talent wise (particularly when on the move) he has talent. PFF still grade him as the second best rookie thrower (behind Mac Jones) through 6 weeks of play. If an owner is panicking because he's throwing INT's, then pounce on that owner. These are the growing pains of a Rookie learning on the fly. We play dynasty. Think longer term. 8-)

Again - there might be a better prospect in 2022 that I haven't seen tape on yet, and I admittedly haven't seen much... but just from a very high-level p.o.v... I would much rather gamble on Wilson long-term than, sayyyy... Spencer Rattler. :lol:

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:38 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:50 pm This class will probably fall somewhere in between the 2019 and 2021 class for how good it is. I think the 21 class has been better then some thought, Waddle has certainly impressed and would probably be going in the top 4 of that class today if we were to draft over again (due to Etienne injury, Meyers job insecurity, and Jrob looking great again.) Im not sure if it will be as good as 2021 because there simply isnt a Jamar Chase. I do think itll be better than 2019 though overall. Who is the third best 2019 WR? Hollywood Brown? The third best Wr of this class will probably be better than him. Do we get a DK or AJB in 2022? Im not sure we do so thats the issue there. It wont be as good as 2017 or 2020 and it certainly shouldnt be as bad as 2016. If you go into it with expectations like the 2018 class i think it will be more in line with that, aside from that supposedly being a strong RB class.
God no respect for scary Terry(I'm guessing just forgot about him)
But I mean if we're talking the 4th best it's hard
Hollywood, deebo, and diontae johnson have all been good but have also had issues.
Yeah 2019 was that good of a class that deebo might currently be the 6th best wr
Yeah 2019 which was hated on was a low key star studded wr class oh yeah and it had hock and fant.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:23 am

Mjvb5 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:38 pm
Patsfan86 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:50 pm This class will probably fall somewhere in between the 2019 and 2021 class for how good it is. I think the 21 class has been better then some thought, Waddle has certainly impressed and would probably be going in the top 4 of that class today if we were to draft over again (due to Etienne injury, Meyers job insecurity, and Jrob looking great again.) Im not sure if it will be as good as 2021 because there simply isnt a Jamar Chase. I do think itll be better than 2019 though overall. Who is the third best 2019 WR? Hollywood Brown? The third best Wr of this class will probably be better than him. Do we get a DK or AJB in 2022? Im not sure we do so thats the issue there. It wont be as good as 2017 or 2020 and it certainly shouldnt be as bad as 2016. If you go into it with expectations like the 2018 class i think it will be more in line with that, aside from that supposedly being a strong RB class.
God no respect for scary Terry(I'm guessing just forgot about him)
But I mean if we're talking the 4th best it's hard
Hollywood, deebo, and diontae johnson have all been good but have also had issues.
Yeah 2019 was that good of a class that deebo might currently be the 6th best wr
Yeah 2019 which was hated on was a low key star studded wr class oh yeah and it had hock and fant.
My memory of anything in 2019, before the pandemic, is non existent at this point. Totally forgot all these guys were part of this class. It just seems so long ago. I do remember the 2018 and 2017 classes a bit better tho, not sure why that is. Anyway these are all very good points and even more reason to believe the 2022 class is being underrated. There seems to be a pattern of the huge classes (2017, 2020, 2023) being hyped up so much that the classes before them get downplayed (aside from 2016 which was truly horrible). I guess its normal for people to look ahead

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:37 am

mild wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:49 pm
timeEd32 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:20 pm The debate you two just had is the internal struggle I have every day.
Hold strong on Wilson. Ownership bias of which I am *clearly* suffering aside (lol) there are more than enough reasons to give him a pass through 5 weeks of play if you believed in the talent coming out. I still do. I'm not the kind to get put off my assessment by a touch over a month's worth of play. So, to wit:

- with perhaps his most explosive receiver as a rookie, and his ostensible alpha receiver as *checks notes* "Corey Davis"
- with his Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator, and multiple key offensive pieces around him (WR, OL, RB) all rookies

Owners who are panicking are exactly why I made the post, and called him a "distressed asset".

Yes, he has a lot of interceptions. The throws he is being asked to make are unlike the throws every other rookie QB is being asked to make (possible exception of Lawrence). There has been no coddling, no "easing in" to being a pro for Wilson. If he was a lesser human, it might break him - but I personally don't think it will, just based on my read of the guy from what I've seen and scouted.

Cerebrally, and arm talent wise (particularly when on the move) he has talent. PFF still grade him as the second best rookie thrower (behind Mac Jones) through 6 weeks of play. If an owner is panicking because he's throwing INT's, then pounce on that owner. These are the growing pains of a Rookie learning on the fly. We play dynasty. Think longer term. 8-)

Again - there might be a better prospect in 2022 that I haven't seen tape on yet, and I admittedly haven't seen much... but just from a very high-level p.o.v... I would much rather gamble on Wilson long-term than, sayyyy... Spencer Rattler. :lol:
They have their own set of issues. PFF is to be taken with a very large grain of salt.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

burntfire
Role Player
Role Player

Postby burntfire » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:22 pm

What's Wilsons value right now then?

We have to remember Manning threw more picks than touchdowns his rookie season and turned out alright..
14 Team Super Flex, 1 PPR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1 Flex, 1 SFlex, 3 IR

QB: Davis Mills, Kenny Pickett, Sam Darnold, Matt Corral
WR: Chris Godwin, A.J Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Jerry Jeudy, Jalen Reagor, Allen Lazard, K.J. Osborn, Skyy Moore, Tutu Atwell, Greg Dortch
RB: Josh Jacobs, Khalil Herbert, Tyson Chandler, Ronald Jones, K Gainwell
TE: Robert Tonyan, David Njoku, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett, Jelani Woods
2023: 1.05, 1.08
2024: 1

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:33 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:37 am They have their own set of issues. PFF is to be taken with a very large grain of salt.
Sure. I'm just saying that an independant team of tape evaluators with no bias (except to statistics and their own proprietary grading system) who have -literally watched every snap- from all of these Rookie QB's have attempted to quantify it with a grade, and have come to this conclusion.

It means no more or no less than any other viewpoint that we stand to consider when evaluating these players. Just speaking personally, I'd put their opinions and gradings higher on the totem pole than "average armchair joe who posts on dynasty message boards" but it's ok if that's just me. :lol:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:35 pm

mild wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:33 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:37 am They have their own set of issues. PFF is to be taken with a very large grain of salt.
Sure. I'm just saying that an independant team of tape evaluators with no bias (except to statistics and their own proprietary grading system) who have -literally watched every snap- from all of these Rookie QB's have attempted to quantify it with a grade, and have come to this conclusion.

It means no more or no less than any other viewpoint that we stand to consider when evaluating these players. Just speaking personally, I'd put their opinions and gradings higher on the totem pole than "average armchair joe who posts on dynasty message boards" but it's ok if that's just me. :lol:
Yep. That's cool. I just know some people who quote it like it's gospel. I just like to point out it's not infallible, but I agree with your take.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:22 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:35 pm Yep. That's cool. I just know some people who quote it like it's gospel. I just like to point out it's not infallible, but I agree with your take.
All G man 8-) Wait, does that mean you're going to ride the Wilson crazy train with me? Delightful news! :lol:

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:12 am

On his current trajectory even if he throws as many TDs as INT, how many top 12 or great QBs have done that? How many have led the league in interceptions and been able to keep their job for more than a year or two?

Not all those INTs are his fault, but I’ve seen him make some god awful decisions early. He’s 100% not ready to be starting and currently he’s having trouble reading defenses.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:29 am

Wouldn't these actually be reasons to not hold? Granted, I'm not advocating to sell either, but I'd definitely be worried.

The three most important factors in QB development:

- Coaching/Playcalling
- Organization/Franchise
- Offensive line (they've at least invested with Becton and Tucker)

Then things like WR and other skill positions come into play. My concern with Wilson is that he is not a great enough prospect to overcome one of the most inept franchises in the league. He's not Trevor Lawrence.

Maybe the coaching gets better, but as you said, it's tough going to a relatively unproven coaching staff with a brand new mix of weapons. I couldn't tell you what the Jets do well offensively even without Wilson.